Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Self-Ejected

The Game Analists

Self-Ejected
[deleted]

Last edited:

Fairfax

Arcane
They'll never learn, it would seem. Not even biodrones took their side, that should tell them something.

DramaticPopcorn

He's not wrong though, nobody did mention the amount.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Well, at least they're not bashing Mass Effect 3 to pimp Andromeda, like they changed their mind on Dragon Age 2 to pimp Inquisition.

:greatjob: (sarcasm)

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
Quick tip to find out whether a Bioware worker is lying: Are their lips moving, if so they're lying, if not then they're probably typing lies. Hope this helps.

Who gives a shit anyway, soon be time for papa EA to take em behind the woodshed and redecorate the paintwork.

Fairfax

Arcane
Well, at least they're not bashing Mass Effect 3 to pimp Andromeda, like they changed their mind on Dragon Age 2 to pimp Inquisition.

:greatjob: (orgasm)
They're basically rebooting the franchise. Not even DAI went that far. It says enough, really.

DramaticPopcorn

Yeah and I can't find a single post of people saying "WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY SIXTEEN ENDINGS BIOWARE REEEE"

Read the second fucking link asshole. They actually specfically promised different endings for every player. And before people hated the ending, they said fans were the co-writers of Mass Effect. Pretty pathetic how they turned right the fuck around and went "NO IT'S OUR STORY ART ART ART YOU'RE LITERALLY CENSORS" after release.
There is no acknowledgement or denial of broken promises regarding the endings aside from the number promised. Mike Laidlaw is not wrong on that one. You quotted a paragraph which isn't actually argued against anywhere in your second link.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
It's easier to remind everyone how shitty Mass Effect 1 was.

At least Mass Effect 3 was a perfectly playable cover-shooter.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's Mike Laidlaw. Marc Laidlaw is Valve's narrative guy and is a Looking Glass/Thief-admiring bro.

Also, he's on Dragon Age not Mass Effect so who cares

Neanderthal

Arcane
That's why he's high ranking.

Knows to never say anything definite so hes got plausible deniability, focuses on only the new and slags off whats no longer selling, has just enough interaction with fans to make the squeeing retards support whatever they do, and gives convenient, fashionable excuses to blame his failures upon, homophobia of gamers, misogyny (even though women in their games are unmotivated slavish idiots) etc. Perfect hire for EA.

Wargames gave you the winning move here.

Last edited:

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
It's Mike Laidlaw.
Mike Laidlaw, Marc Laidlaw. Are they related? Married, I mean?

edit: Wasn't this the guy who took a break from the official Bio forums after DA2 released to less than stellar fan reviews? And now he's back to piss them off again, with a series he's not even involved with? Bio devs really need to get off their forums.

Last edited:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I mostly remember Laidlaw as, surprisingly enough, an oldschool RPG fan who works at Bioware. I wonder if I'm getting this right or am confused.

Who was the button-awesome guy, by the way? Was that Laidlaw?

pippin

It was another guy apparently. I'm not entirely familiar with their staff.

However this video must be posted.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Neanderthal

Arcane
Didn't he also claim that U4 were impossible for new players to play? Usual talk about needing streamlining for accessibility and all that, which were a surprise for me as I played it as a wee bairn.

Andhaira

Arcane
Wasn't Laidlaw the really obese guy in charge of forums who put the codex into a frenzy because we saw a picture of him where he had a ring on his finger, and started wondering what kind of creature would marry such a monster?

Fairfax

Arcane
That's Priestly.

Mike Laidlaw is kinda like Josh Sawyer if he were dumber and less discerning. http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...moire-demo-released.80680/page-8#post-2506498

Bioware changing its forums broke my link so here's a fresh one wrt to the Ultima and Wasteland boxes http://forum.bioware.com/topic/218070-the-laidlaw-mantra-success-or-not/page-3#entry6016979
chris-work-1024x768.jpg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yes, yes, we've all seen Priestly and he's currently irrelevant as far as Bioware goes.

He works for CD Projekt. He's a potato problem now. Scratch that, he's unemployed again. :lol:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Fuck me that were quick, only been there at CDPR a bit hadn't he?

BioWare Quality Assurance
Electronic Arts / BioWare
March 2001 – March 2006 (5 years 1 month)

Community Coodinator for Dragon Age & Mass Effect
Bioware
March 2006 – July 2013 (7 years 5 months)

Community Manager
AtomicTorch Studios
October 2013 – February 2014 (5 months)

Community Manager
SportMafia
August 2013 – September 2014 (1 year 2 months)

Community Manager for North America
CD PROJEKT RED
October 2014 – July 2015 (10 months)

After that extremely and unusually long stint at Bioware he's had to deal with the high turnover almost everyone else has to deal with it. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom