Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[deleted]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not sure if Stanley Woo ever did get another job.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm not sure if Stanley Woo ever did get another job.

President
Pure Speculation Society of Alberta
January 2011 – Present (4 years 8 months)

Performer
YEGprov
August 2011 – Present (4 years 1 month)

Hobby junk.

One of the delightful things about Woo and Priestly is how Bioware guilted them both into quitting since firing them would have cost them more money.

stray

Learned
I only have slight interest here... At the very least, it'll still be a shooter and probably have a challenging enough Insanity level. And maybe even a map or two that makes me think tactically.

I just can't see them being quite as retarded with this gameplay as Dragon Age Inquisition. Or maybe I'm too optimistic....

Otherwise though, it sounds like they're barking up DAI territory in general. If that survey is to be believed.

edit: Ah shit. I thought it was the Andromeda thread. Noob mistake. :)

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
https://twitter.com/TheEvilChris/status/627255994976874496
Priestly said:
Today marks the end of my time as Community Manager with @witchergame Thank you @CDPROJEKTRED & fans! On to whatever may come next. Cheers!

wtf? Lol

Does anyone know why? Was it the #GamerGate thing? or the fact that he is basically toxic for PR due to his Felicia Day comments?

(I know when I mentioned those comments on the witcher forum, they were deleted and I was suspended for 24 hours.. just for quoting what he said on twitter)

Athelas

Arcane
Maybe you were suspended for stooping so low as to defend Felicia Day's honor on an internet forum.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Found a funny thread here.

The picture of the tweet is gone, though, does anyone know what it was? Has it been confirmed that they fired him for it? :lol:
So when you say he's leaving, you're saying they were able to finally afford a crane that can move him out of the building?

This comment. HAHAHAH! Thank you for that. I remember when I used to post on those boards. Him and Woo were the fucking worst things on that site.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Bioware was so mad about Woo and Priestly becoming memes (with regular 4chan Woo-harassing raids resulting in a new rule that put a 48 hour waiting period to post after making a new account without a game tied to it) that all their new mods are personality-less BiowareMod01, BiowareMod02, etc.

stray

Learned
that all their new mods are personality-less BiowareMod01, BiowareMod02, etc.

And they're still just as odd. I got temp banned for saying someone's character looked ugly.

Or maybe because I said it looked like shit specifically. Whatever.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
chris-work-1024x768.jpg

I may be mistaken but isn't he ex-special forces? Or military at least.

stray

Learned
Gotta hand it people like that somewhat. I don't think I could even try to get that size.

Once got to 275 (avg 200), but that was WORK... constant hamburgers and cokes. :D

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
And they're still just as odd. I got temp banned for saying someone's character looked ugly.

I got a warning point for something I'll never know what is, because BiowareMod002 deleted the post he referred to. But it was definitely a criticism of DAI of one kind or another (no foul language)

So I never really got the message. Great mod right there!

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
One of the delightful things about Woo and Priestly is how Bioware guilted them both into quitting since firing them would have cost them more money.

Yeah, pretty funny. Stanry Woo kept doing his job for free though.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Yeah and I can't find a single post of people saying "WHERE THE FUCK ARE MY SIXTEEN ENDINGS BIOWARE REEEE"

Read the second fucking link asshole. They actually specfically promised different endings for every player. And before people hated the ending, they said fans were the co-writers of Mass Effect. Pretty pathetic how they turned right the fuck around and went "NO IT'S OUR STORY ART ART ART YOU'RE LITERALLY CENSORS" after release.
Googled it a bit and there is a good amount of complains about 16 endings, though it is easy to see where that number comes from.
16 is the actual amount of ending variations in ME3 (without extended cut) and the one given by many guides, which are basically very slight variations of the basic 3 endings, which are colur shifts of the same ending with some dialog changes.
So while they never promised 16 endings specifically, they did promised "many different endings" and other things.
Some people simply confused the number 16 with actual promises, but it's not like that invalidates the argument in any way.

Trotsky

Arcane
Bioware was so mad about Woo and Priestly becoming memes (with regular 4chan Woo-harassing raids resulting in a new rule that put a 48 hour waiting period to post after making a new account without a game tied to it) that all their new mods are personality-less BiowareMod01, BiowareMod02, etc.

Good riddance Woo was an oversensitive chink faggot.

images

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
http://askagamedev.tumblr.com/post/126941182591/do-you-ever-feel-like-the-industry-is-too

So it looks like Bioware's latest tactic for Me3 is to attempt to rewrite history.

Just look at the response to Mass Effect 3′s ending - one of the reasons that angry fans the world over broke out the torches and pitchforks was because they were promised 16 different endings, despite the fact that nobody from Bioware had actually explicitly mentioned the number of endings anywhere.

If you've forgotten the Bioware lies: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/295842-broken-promises-regarding-the-mass-effect-3-endings/

Thanks Bioware, I had almost forgotten what a shitty, awful and
disingenuous company you were! :troll:

Wanna bet some fans will start making up excuses for them, providing alternative interpretations to those press releases and skewing intended meanings in order to advocate that BioWare actually never promised multiple endings?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom