Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 takes a dip off the third week.

duanth000

Novice
It's an interesting observation, but you're:
1. Centralizing corporate functions/decision-making processes such that a corporation is guaranteed to make perfect choices regarding its IPs....although for the most part they accomplish this. Great things can come from the small mistakes among the myriad higher-ups. I guess....don't give them too much credit; and
2. Forgetting the fact that IPs are finite and burning through so many/and or an exact one in some estimable time period can lead to consumer backlash, which is the exact phenom you're seeing with dragon age 2....imagine if starcraft 3 were raped and mangled like DA2. Corporations are never that powerful.[/quote]

duanth000

Novice
In fact, I add a third point.. The reason that an abomination such as DA2 was released to the public is that the Dragon Age IP was always treated an understood as a compromise between "oldschool" rpg mechanics and present day general gameplay mechanics such as regeneratinng health mechanics, etc...
I mean, it's hard to argue that the original DA wasn't a simplification, what with the filler combat, smackyouintheface C&C, etc...That's how Bioware/EA defines the DA IP and as such, you get the probable result. DA2 could have been slightly more or less what it was, but I wouldn't say something was exactly lost in the process...So I agree with the idea in theory but it's not very applicable to the current case....

Supporting evidence?

yMjFs.png

Wait. Since when League of Legends is rpg????? I bet some idiot from turdspot classified it as such because you gain levels and buy shit. :roll:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Ah, here's a DA2 thread. I found this little comic to be a little amusing and I haven't seen it on the Codex yet so:

fuck it was old :(

this post is void, null, empty. scroll past it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom