Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 takes a dip off the third week.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Are you claiming that every DA series fan is a ME series fan? Perhaps it's a way to basically start the amrketing for ME3 to get those who wrote the ME series off to try out ME2, possibly like it, then they buy ME1 and wait for ME3.

Game over, game fuckin' over.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
r00fles! a 2 second glance at the user-base on the forums showing what games they have registered is really hard! FFS!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Volourn said:
Are you claiming that every DA series fan is a ME series fan? Perhaps it's a way to basically start the amrketing for ME3 to get those who wrote the ME series off to try out ME2, possibly like it, then they buy ME1 and wait for ME3.

Game over, game fuckin' over.
Shouldn't they offer ME1 for free instead?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
ME1 is a 4 year old game. It's dead. Tiome to move on. They're trying to get ME3 sales.

serch

Magister
Haha EA-Spain is awesome: We've reached 1 million copies sold, quite faster than with DAO, that's why we offer you ME2 for free if you buy this turd. How much evident can your marketing lies be. Sales must be declining at an impressing pace

Volourn

Pretty Princess
DA and ME series had special deals when first released. Your point?

serch

Magister
Not like this one. They also have mailed me with the offer, which is a first for me. The 'we reach 1 million copies sold faster than DAO' and extra marketing effort post release is pretty telling, don't you thing Volourn-cake? Don't you think something is happening with the sales?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Yeah, they sold more than a million copies in less than 2 weeks and the game is selling fast than DA1. That's what is happening.

P.S. They mail plenty of offers to those who sign up for that service including a multittyude of them for DA1, and other games. This isn't new for BIO at all.

Esquilax

Arcane
serch said:
I don't know Volounr, yes they sold a lot the first two weeks, brand recognition and all, but I think is pretty obvious that in the third week the sales have taken a steep dive.

kisses

Sort of reminds of how these shitty movies with a ton of money and hype behind them completely tank in sales after the first week, or even opening weekend after everybody realizes how shitty they are.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Stalin said:
:M
Lol Aplha males (wherever you live) play Crpgs? Where i live they are handsome/muscular drive flashy cars have tons of dosh and all the women wanna fuck them: where the fuck do you live? Santas workshop?

I live in Seattle. The alpha males got to jail so the new alpha male is a metrosexual programmer with a large enough pay check to buy hookers so they can practice their puss eating skills and yes they play CRPGs.

Stalin

Scholar
Kaanyrvhok said:
I live in Seattle. The alpha males got to jail so the new alpha male is a metrosexual programmer with a large enough pay check to buy hookers so they can practice their puss eating skills and yes they play CRPGs.

WTF was that even in Engrish?

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Multi-headed Cow said:
Kaanyrvhok said:
Stalin said:
buy hookers so they can practice their puss eating skills
:what:

fans_war_face5jxo.gif

Captain Shrek

DOHOHO!

Now they are giving Cerberus network card free with this shit!

:)

That's like 15 dolla more!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Damn, companies are weaklings. This is ebcause of the crybabies yestrerday whining thatb they'd have to pay for Cerberus. I would have told them to stop being selfish little pricks and shut the fuck and enjoy your free game.

Captain Shrek

Volourn said:
Damn, companies are weaklings. This is ebcause of the crybabies yestrerday whining thatb they'd have to pay for Cerberus. I would have told them to stop being selfish little pricks and shut the fuck and enjoy your free game.

Quoted for its inherent epicness.

Alex

Arcane
A friend once told me that, from EA's point of view, buying a well known company and ruining its IPs is actually lucrative. As they see it, consumers don't think about designers (except in rare instance, such as Sid Meier or Will Wright) or gameplay. Instead, they think about brand names and intellectual properties. Having the x-com brand is much more important, at least for big companies like EA, than having a good turn based combat.

So, if they drive a company's name into the ground and ruin the brand name of its titles, it is ok, because it is still better than having to compete with that company. Even if the important employees are fired and then reform into another company, they still will lack access to their original brands (company name and game names), which companies like EA see as crucial. Their objective is to leave popular brands out of the hands of small studios.

Captain Shrek

Alex said:
A friend once told me that, from EA's point of view, buying a well known company and ruining its IPs is actually lucrative. As they see it, consumers don't think about designers (except in rare instance, such as Sid Meier or Will Wright) or gameplay. Instead, they think about brand names and intellectual properties. Having the x-com brand is much more important, at least for big companies like EA, than having a good turn based combat.

So, if they drive a company's name into the ground and ruin the brand name of its titles, it is ok, because it is still better than having to compete with that company. Even if the important employees are fired and then reform into another company, they still will lack access to their original brands (company name and game names), which companies like EA see as crucial. Their objective is to leave popular brands out of the hands of small studios.

If this be true (I can't decide yet, I will have to ask my father who is a Professor in a university and HoD for the MBA dept) then the times are darker than we think.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Alex said:

Wouldn't this eventually destroy EAs reputation?

Captain Shrek

DragoFireheart said:
Alex said:

Wouldn't this eventually destroy EAs reputation?

Only if this fact is publicized well.

You may not know this, but a VERY valid strategy in big corporations is to not to care about criminal behavior that nobody will notice. Business is mostly about short term profit. There is a huge economic theory about it.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Captain Shrek said:

- Such secrets will never stay secret for long. Even if said company gets away with some things it's only a matter of time before said secret becomes public. The issue at hand is not if but when, all the while said company is causing damage to the industry.

You may not know this, but a VERY valid strategy in big corporations is to not to care about criminal behavior that nobody will notice. Business is mostly about short term profit. There is a huge economic theory about it.

- What theory is that?

Captain Shrek

DragoFireheart said:
Captain Shrek said:

- Such secrets will never stay secret for long. Even if said company gets away with some things it's only a matter of time before said secret becomes public. The issue at hand is not if but when, all the while said company is causing damage to the industry.

That is not how it works.

DragoFireheart said:
Captain Shrek said:

- What theory is that?

i don;t know the name exactly. But it is related to devaluation of money/resource. Investment LOOSE value overtime due to several economic and commercial factors like business-cycles and inflation. I am hardly an expert though. I just know the basic facts from books I read. You would be better off talking to people who know better than me. Not that I am afraid that I am wrong, I am not educated in the right field to explain it sufficiently well.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They'll just change name.

See Blackwater/Xe, Infogrames/atari, millions of pyramid schemes etc.

Kaanyrvhok

Arbiter
Alex said:

Its true that one of the biggest reasons people choke away opportunity is that they think too much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom