Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 Demo

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Multidirectional said:
Jaesun said:
Has there been any mainstream (IGN/GameSpot/Gamespy) praising the demo as 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10!!! GOTY!!! ?

Perhaps they will come up with some new award for Demo Of The Year. That way DA2 can be both GOTY and DOTY.

:lol:

:thumbsup:

Bros, I just played the Dragon Turds 2 demo and I give it 5/5 turds. Turd of the year. Goddamnit... Codex needs a :turd:

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
UndetectedButthurt said:
Bros, I just played the Dragon Turds 2 demo and I give it 5/5 turds. Turd of the year. Goddamnit... Codex needs a :turd:

Really? 5 out of 5?

icon_turd.gif
icon_turd.gif
icon_turd.gif
icon_turd.gif
icon_turd.gif
Code:

Notorious

Augur
I stopped playing it after 10 minutes to preserve my experience... TO NEVER PLAY IT AGAIN

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Full HD runthrough, 1 hour, with commentary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRz2uerFyi0

Step right up that's right no need to install this piece of shit.

Edit: Ahahahaha the shadows from the darkspawn detach themselves and float in the air

Edit 2: Heh he gets pissed off by the camera and goes through the options in the video. Check this shit out really.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
DraQ , change your fucking avatar. There must be 3 black dragons like yours and a red and I think I saw a blue version as well.

Go back to the old dragon, that slightly gay looking dragon with his (paw?)claws stretched out in a 'hello sailor' kind of way. It was cool, it was YOU!

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jools said:
UndetectedButthurt said:

Really? 5 out of 5?

icon_turd.gif
icon_turd.gif
icon_turd.gif
icon_turd.gif
icon_turd.gif
Code:

Damn. That should be official Codex rating system!

DraQ

Arcane
commie said:
DraQ , change your fucking avatar. There must be 3 black dragons like yours and a red and I think I saw a blue version as well.

Go back to the old dragon, that slightly gay looking dragon with his (paw?)claws stretched out in a 'hello sailor' kind of way. It was cool, it was YOU!
But full body shots are sexier. :(

Also, if there was a blue version, I'd have went with that.

Ovg

Cipher
people are crying over changes in the game.please direct your tears to this glass I have on my desk I'm collecting the tears of whiny self proclaimed hardcore gamers. For the charity organization: N.O.G.A.F.W.Y.T ( No one gives a fuck what you think). If I get enough tears the organization well open a shelter in north Korea for people just like you. please help in cause THE WHINY VOCAL MINORITY NEEDS YOU!! *uncle Sam point *

I got myself some brain cancer after reading this.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
It's been a while since I played HOMM2, but there should be red, black, green, and gold dragons. HOMM3 has even more dragons.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Ovg said:
people are crying over changes in the game.please direct your tears to this glass I have on my desk I'm collecting the tears of whiny self proclaimed hardcore gamers. For the charity organization: N.O.G.A.F.W.Y.T ( No one gives a fuck what you think). If I get enough tears the organization well open a shelter in north Korea for people just like you. please help in cause THE WHINY VOCAL MINORITY NEEDS YOU!! *uncle Sam point *

I got myself some brain cancer after reading this.

Holy shit, that's so edgy :lol: :lol:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
racofer said:
Oh I would surely catch that piece of milf ass that she is.

I do hope DA2 gives me such opportunity.
If DA2 would really want to be a mature game, you could fuck the hell out of some MILF ass. Like Flemeth, or the mother (who cares it's incest, it is mah videogame).

grotsnik

Arcane
Jools said:
sgc_meltdown said:
Hawke: "Is there a catch?"

Flemeth with tits: (witchy laughter)"There is always a catch! Life is a catch! Catch it while you can!"

:x

Aahaha that line is indeed the perfect example of the writing in the game.

Hell, Flemeth's scene was the highlight of the demo for me, simply because the voice actress seemed to be enjoying herself, unlike the other actors, who were almost uniformly uncomfortable, strained and out of tone with each other. I mean, those two siblings...

Relay

Educated
The "bad hawke" lines are the worst of all the biowarian games ever. Neither evil or selfish, just acting like an impotent bully, there is no bite to it, all bark, and not the barking of a wolf, more like the barking of a chihuahua.

chzr

Scholar
sgc_meltdown said:

Edit: Ahahahaha the shadows from the darkspawn detach themselves and float in the air

Edit 2: Heh he gets pissed off by the camera and goes through the options in the video. Check this shit out really.

35:30 - da2 combat in a nutshell

Project: Eternity
Played a bit of the demo, and "damn is there a lot of combat" is my main impression; I got to stop now (right after the brother dies) because it's so late, but even if I had time poor old aging me would have to have a rest now because my head hurts from the flashing shit all over the screen. There are so many goddamn darkspawn thrown at you I worry if the full game will be like this too or it's just for the demo so you can try the combat abilities over and over. The frickin' Deep Roads weren't so crammed full of the fuckers as this bizarrely empty wasteland is.

As others have noted, the combat seems "twitchier" somehow despite being pretty much the same as in DA:O, except every weapon no matter what now swings at near light speed, and the characters often do some kind of hyper-jump, crossing meters in the blink of an eye that makes my head hurt even more. I *liked* the way two-handers in DA:O were super slow to swing but hit hard, in this game every weapon flashes around like it's anime. It's Japanese Seizure Bots - The Game!

Writing wise, I got to say neither of the characters were terribly interesting so far and a lot of the line readings are pretty cringeworthy (in a way that nobody in either of the ME games ever was, let me add). The game obviously wants to make you feel that's it's all O SO SRS BSNS but it really doesn't work too well. I played the female Hawke, and she got nothing on FemShep unfortunately. The "renegade" choices just don't have much punch in that kinda upper class voice I think: not a very good choice for the protagonist.

So, first impression is pretty negative unfortunately. :( Pity really, I would have enjoyed another DA:O with some improvements, but this feels very weak. Currently I'd say it's unlikely I'll buy this, not at full price at least.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
chzr said:
sgc_meltdown said:

35:30 - da2 combat in a nutshell
Do warriors not know how to slash with swords or something?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Jaesun said:
Has there been any mainstream (IGN/GameSpot/Gamespy) praising the demo as 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000/10!!! GOTY!!! ?
James Trujillo from CheatCodeCentral:
Can't say I'm too impressed with the #DragonAge2 demo so far. I think the combat is throwing me for a loop.

yeah, so far it feels like the same setup as before, but with more button mashing. i'm getting depressed.

maybe I'm just coming off of being overly impressed with Dungeon Siege III and their ridiculously fun combat.
End times?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom