Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DA2 Demo

Monocause

Arcane
The German version (which I'm downloading atm) was leaked, soon there's an official release. If you're dl'ing the new shit post your impressions. My DL will probably be done by the evening, couldn't find a torrent, just some Rapidshare-likes with stupid limits for non-paying users.

EDIT: Does someone want a working link? Would post here but not sure about the leaked demo status. It's not really warez after all. DU?

Mastermind

Cognito Elite Material
Patron
Bethestard
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i want the link. not sure about the rules either, but if there's one non-warez forum on the net that would allow it, i'd imagine it's the codex.

Couldn't find a torrent either, just some rapidshare-like sites that might take me a whole day to download, in that case I'd rather wait a couple of days for the real english demo.

Would be nice if anyone could point us to a fast torrent.

I'm playing leaked German demo right now. As for impressions - DA2 feels like DAO on MDMA. They've really sped up combat animations, and somewhat lowered trash mobs' HP. Mage spells in demo are similar in effect to DAO ones, but they added quite retarded animation and now it looks like PC's homeland is Shaolin. Other than that, most notable changes are loss of strategic camera, though you can still zoom out it a bit. Demo is locked on normal difficulty, so you can spam AOE spells and don't worry about your party. But than again, you could do it in DAO too.

First level is really linear. Demo crashes constantly.

My card don't support DX11, but I doubt that it will make huge difference. Textures are very uneven, some are pretty nice, but some are very blurry, almost on par with Morrowind ones. There were clipping issues with models, but not severe ones.

I liked German VA for female PC more, but it could be because I don't know German language.

All in all - game doesn't feel like slasher, more like same old DAO, just sped up and with added combat animations.

Game wasn't supposed to feel like a slasher unless you were playing with the console's action-style combat system, is there an option for that?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"more like same old DAO"

I like the smell of being right in the morning'.

Monocause

Arcane
Well, I suppose it's ambiguous enough. If it's not OK someone will remove it.

You've got two different "releases" there. The second release has three working filesharing links, hotfile deleted the demo - you can download three times at a time unless you paid for a premium service on one of these (or can be arsed enough to look for one of these working Rapidshare passes that float around the net). Finishing downloading now, took me about 2,5 hours to get it. Considering it's almost 2 gig it's not terribad.

Disclaimer for the Pollacks: I'm not frequenting PEB.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
a93i0sv9.jpg

Well, you can download it from russian torrent tracker, if you want. But first you'll need to register.
Code:
http://rutracker.org/

Played some more. Game designers really love waves and waves of trash mobs with few elites thrown in the mix as encounter design.

Enemy AI, at least at normal difficulty is pretty dumb. There is no party positioning and similar tactics, well, you can do it, but it won't do any good. Just like DAO, game relies on aggro-management. Mages are still quite OP, at least at the beginning.

Most tangible changes ware made to the Rogue class. Rogues are now teleporting, with the help of one ability you insta-teleport behind the enemy's back and backstab him, which is pretty retarded. Rogues were given control abilities, such as bombs with mass stun, and special attacks which deal damage to multiple opponents. DAO had them too, true, but in DA2 many of these abilities don't even require you to move your character close to an enemy. Rogue leaps/rolls/teleports from medium distance just next to an opponent.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
Stainless Veteran said:
Rogues are now teleporting, with the help of one ability you insta-teleport behind the enemy's back and backstab him, which is pretty retarded.

That sounds like awesome happening.
:thumbsup:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stainless Veteran said:
Played some more. Game designers really love waves and waves of trash mobs with few elites thrown in the mix as encounter design.

Enemy AI, at least at normal difficulty is pretty dumb. There is no party positioning and similar tactics, well, you can do it, but it won't do any good. Just like DAO, game relies on aggro-management. Mages are still quite OP, at least at the beginning.

Most tangible changes ware made to the Rogue class. Rogues are now teleporting, with the help of one ability you insta-teleport behind the enemy's back and backstab him, which is pretty retarded. Rogues were given control abilities, such as bombs with mass stun, and special attacks which deal damage to multiple opponents. DAO had them too, true, but in DA2 many of these abilities don't even require you to move your character close to an enemy. Rogue leaps/rolls/teleports from medium distance just next to an opponent.

I can only imagine how awesome it is in the eyes of Bioware forum members... perhaps I should pay them a visit since my ban has been lifted :M

Black

Arcane
I'm tired as fuck of these big scary monsters with [retarded gimmick, in this case, hands on head] and this doesn't go just to DA.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Stainless Veteran said:

Imagine how awesome Thi4f would be, if it was developed by Bioware.

Mortmal

Arcane
So it sounds like you are at least having some fun with it, its not anything close to the arcania train wreck right ?

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I won't even download the demo.
:thumbsup:

I'd rather download the whole game when it goes "demo", if you know what I mean.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Crooked Bee said:
I'd rather download the whole game when it goes "demo", if you know what I mean.

Why not try the demo now and discover what a fucking piece of shit this game is and then move on to something better?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom