Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Consoletard reviewer finds Shadowrun too old-school, complicated

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
In the reviewer's defence most of the review was glowing and ended on a note of praise and high score.

Also, the note someone made about the gameplay players had come to enjoy on classic "consoles" was in reference to the SNES and SG games previously mentioned in the article.

Also, also, we may be getting hung up on the reviewer's use of "info-dump." From what I can tell of what people say here about thee being relatively little tutorial information in the game leads me to interpret her word use was generic and personal. Perhaps she could more accurately say the info was poorly presented (ie. divided into a bunch of pop-up boxes to page through when one box would have been less fatiguing, relying on conventions and assumptions only someone familiar with RPGs would have, providing the info a significant amount of time before the context for that info shows up in-game, a difference in her/your perceptions (shrug), etc.).

Finally, her score on a 10-point scale suggests that she is just over a point off from being in love with this game.

Gord

Arcane
Wait, her second name is really "Maleficient"?

Who calls their daughter "Maleficient"?

:hmmm:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

Who calls there daughter "Maleficient"?
I bet a potato that she changed it herself. Just like Chris Priestly is probably trying to change his name to "Evil Chris".

I hope it will become legal to include at and hash signs in one's name in the near future, that will make rounding up degenerates for purges really easy.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Is there an official lexicon of Codex terms (undomesticated snowman)?

Daemongar

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
Someone should tell her that while one can get attention with tattoos, an unconventional name, a crazy hair dye job, piercings, and poor reviews, it would be best for society if she lost some weight and got attention by putting more effort into her work.

Giauz Ragnacock

Scholar
I propose someone like sea do their own review that addresses the points in this review, giving their own view not on the complaints themselves but the game qualities that were complained about.

Without taking a scholarly high-road the Circle-Jerk of Decline ™ will spooge-on!

What I didn’t glean from the tutorial was that the karma points I earned through completing objectives were actually what I needed to dump into my stats
(starts new game)
(picks class)
(gets a huge screen "SPEND YOUR KARMA" "...karma represents your experience...")

Yeah, I... I am very white knight, but...

...kitchen.

but, she did give it 85/100. It means 3.5/5 out there today, right?

Probably trained automatically associate "Karma" with morality meter.

Also
images

Man, remember that guy who defended Skyrim's puzzles because he didn't realize you could zoom into items? 'And so I searched for the internal logic of the door. Not the developer's fault if you took the easy way out' <paraphrase>.

One of those puzzles was good and made me think a little, I think it was the one at the foot of the greybeards' mountain. You had to make is so one stone would face the next one in the corridor, but it had to be in a certain order and they were in different positions, so you had to walk back and forth through the room, experimenting. All the others seem to be pretty basic, though.

In comparison, the claw puzzle simply tells you "YOU DONT HAVE THE RUDDY/AZURE/PURPLE/RAINBOW CLAW, GO AWAY" if you interact with the door without the correct object in hand. You aren't allowed to fail, even if you were retarded enough to fail "look at claw in inventory, click respective animals on door".

sea said:
Dear reviewer,

Are you an idiot?

:lol:

Guys, it's a woman.

So are Bee and Black Cat. The reviewer is just fucking terrible.

Who calls there daughter "Maleficient"?
I bet a potato that she changed it herself. Just like Chris Priestly is probably trying to change his name to "Evil Chris".

Probably. Maleficent is a major villain in Kingdom Hearts, and she looks like a typical KH fan. She's probably reading a Sora x Riku lemon right now.

MightyHoax

Educated
Project: Eternity
she's really content being a part-time writer. She loves reviewing things and talking to people. She's achieved her level of success.

source:twitter

Judging from her twitter account she must be super annoying in real life.

Probably. Maleficent is a major villain in Kingdom Hearts, and she looks like a typical KH fan. She's probably reading a Sora x Riku lemon right now.
Kingdom Hearts? You hear Maleficent and the first thing you think of is Kingdom Hearts?

When the person using the name is a profeshnul vidya gaem journolist? Yeah. Well, actually I think "Disney", but same thing.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The problem with the game according to her review is that there was no insta-win button DLC that made her feel special.

What information was hard to process? I have a shit memory and I could easily remember all the side quests, main quest, as well as character dialogue. The game fell flat on all accounts of complexity.

The problem with the game according to her review is that there was no insta-win button DLC that made her feel special.

What information was hard to process? I have a shit memory and I could easily remember all the side quests, main quest, as well as character dialogue. The game fell flat on all accounts of complexity.

My first playthrough i was drunk. And i had no idea about the shadowrun setting (PnP or snes/genesis game). It was pretty easy enough... only thing I didn't figure out was the alternate nephlim runner hire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom