Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Colony Ship Released

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Congratulations! Can't wait to see what changed since early EA and play it through the end, though I'll probably have to roll a fresh character.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I'm happy for the Iron Tower and all, congratulations on another release. But as a player, to me it's an extremely verbose game. I'll give it another try. But I'll likely drop it. And then wait for the game to become moddable + for ChatGPT to be able to shorten text precisely as instructed, then mod it and play as it should be played, with 90% of the text thrown out.

It's really unfortunate that it takes its name from Fallout 1, yet doesn't respect its basics. If you play Fallout 1 you'll note that all dialogues are extremely to the point.

I had the same feeling from playing the demo.

I have never seen good writing that wasn't to the point

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Has waifus?
Thief Waifu, Murderous Psycopath Waifu, Mutant snob royalty waifu, Robot Waifu, Scarred Stronk Womyn Waifu... pick your poison.

Has waifus?
Thief Waifu, Murderous Psycopath Waifu, Mutant snob royalty waifu, Robot Waifu, Scarred Stronk Womyn Waifu... pick your poison.
Smiles best waifu, CS should format your harddrive if you abandon her in the ambush.

Thank you. Game looks pretty, has nice portraits, sf stetting, tactical fight and NOW even waifus. I check this one.

Tao

Savant
Congrats for the release. I got on EA but didn't play it yet.

Installing right now.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Congratz to the Iron Tower team, it's no small feat to keep releasing these huge RPGs, very few studios survived so long and managed to release 3 games. :salute:

And now we have a big AAA RPG that shook the entire industry, a new Iron Tower RPG and more Underrail... feels like 2015 again!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Good news everyone, Colony Ship is outselling Starfield on Steam rn.

giphy.gif

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm happy for the Iron Tower and all, congratulations on another release. But as a player, to me it's an extremely verbose game. I'll give it another try. But I'll likely drop it. And then wait for the game to become moddable + for ChatGPT to be able to shorten text precisely as instructed, then mod it and play as it should be played, with 90% of the text thrown out.

It's really unfortunate that it takes its name from Fallout 1, yet doesn't respect its basics. If you play Fallout 1 you'll note that all dialogues are extremely to the point. And no descriptions, because DUH, the graphics describe it all. And when graphics aren't enough, talking heads finish the job.

Nah, we've had enough of these "too many words" kind of critiques. Needs to be a 180 at this point. The game requires some of your attention with the reading, just fucking put in the effort. I don't accept "extremely verbose" as a serious point on the writing, it just indicates that you're fucking tired and need a little boo-boo massage or whatever. Do you know how many people go on about books being too verbose because they're, in fact, too fucking lazy to read them? Fuck that. Extensive writing doesn't mean bad writing. It doesn't mean good writing either by all means, but the point is too formal.
So you refuse the idea that there's a sweet point in there somewhere, and that the number of words doesn't matter? That the same joke can be as funny when told in 20 words, as well as 20'000 words?
If you ask any Norm Macdonald fan, the joke's the funniest when it is told with more words than in a bible. It's the way how something is told, not what is told, what matters.

Now if you say the crpgs mostly fail telling things with words and should emphasize other means of communication to convey messages - as it's a visual media after all, I might agree.
To which degree - if any - this is the case with Colony Ship, I'll refrain from making any assessment as I haven't played it yet.

Jinn

Arcane
Also, congrats ITS! Vince has his usual stony exterior showing, but you know he is like the proud papa right now.

Get out there and buy it and drop steam reviews, Codex! As someone who liked his time with AoD alright, but was kind of disappointed with a number of the design decisions (aside: AoD was the reason I joined the codex in the first place, back in the great drought of the late 2000s, early 2010s), I feel that from what I played so far, Colony Ship is a huge improvement across the board. I would love an AoD remake or true sequel with more of the design sensibilities found in Colony Ship. Take that as you will!

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I'm playing.
Hope Pink Eye-san is watching me from the heavens proudly.

eaweaed.png

Jinn

Arcane
I'm playing.
Hope Pink Eye-san is watching me from the heavens proudly.
He's still alive. He just decided the Steam forums and 4chan were more to his liking than The Codex for some reason.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom