Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codexia's Fallout 3 recommended mods.

I thought the codex would be familiar with the concept of moobs already

btw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Male_bra

Another name commonly used for this garment is the "bro".

[...]

An episode of the TV sitcom Seinfeld, called "The Doorman", had the character Kramer invent a male bra, which he called a "bro"

racofer

Thread Incliner
I'm facing a very difficult dilemma as of this moment: what is worse? Oblivion or Fallout3?

I know, both are shit but still.... I can't really reach a final conclusion regarding these games. I might go crazy unless I reach a conclusion.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
racofer said:
I'm facing a very difficult dilemma as of this moment: what is worse? Oblivion or Fallout3?

Fallout 3 is better because it has atleast some dialog choices (no matter how stupid or shallow they are) and there is no level scalling. But in the end its like comparing is solid turd better then the squishy one.

madbringer

Arcane
Are you kidding me? There is no contest. Fallout 3 goes Deliverance on Oblivion in practically every possible regard. Vanilla Fallout 3 is playable. Vanilla Oblivion made me wish i was violated by a pack of rabit aardvarks instead of torturing myself with it's astronomical levels of some of the worst anti entertainment ever produced by sentient beings.

Black

Arcane
racofer said:

I know, both are shit but still.... I can't really reach a final conclusion regarding these games. I might go crazy unless I reach a conclusion.
Obviously FO3 is worse.
Oblivion didn't rape some other good franchise.

entertainer

Arbiter
Black said:
racofer said:

Obviously FO3 is worse.
Oblivion didn't rape some other good franchise.

inb4 tes fanboys

Talonfire

Scholar
racofer said:

If you ignore the fact that Fallout 3 is supposed to be a sequel to Fallout and Fallout 2, Oblivion is a worse game. Oblivion was a mediocre, broken, generic mess and Fallout 3 fixed some of what was wrong with Oblivion, and the side quests were at least semi-interesting. This makes Fallout 3 a superior TES game.

If you take into consideration the fact that Fallout 3 is supposed to be a sequel to Fallout and Fallout 2, Fallout 3 is worse than Oblivion. Oblivion may be a mediocre game, but at least it's still TES. Fallout 3 is a Fallout sequel in name only.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Talonfire said:
If you ignore the fact that Oblivion is supposed to be a sequel to Daggerfall and Morrowind, Fallout 3 is a worse game.
Hurr durr

racofer

Thread Incliner
Well at least in Oblivion you have weather effects, melee/ranged weapons, shields, spells, poisons, scrolls... plus if you add the mods it can become a great larping playground for the right person. Also it doesn't look green all over the place and surprisingly the characters doesn't look that bad compared to Fallout3. And like somebody else said, FO3 without VATS is nearly unplayable.

madbringer said:
I'm registering a large ButtHurtz spike in this thread.

1ya7c.jpg

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Talonfire said:
If you ignore the fact that Fallout 3 is supposed to be a sequel to Fallout and Fallout 2, Oblivion is a worse game. Oblivion was a mediocre, broken, generic mess and Fallout 3 fixed some of what was wrong with Oblivion, and the side quests were at least semi-interesting. This makes Fallout 3 a superior TES game.

If you take into consideration the fact that Fallout 3 is supposed to be a sequel to Fallout and Fallout 2, Fallout 3 is worse than Oblivion. Oblivion may be a mediocre game, but at least it's still TES. Fallout 3 is a Fallout sequel in name only.

If you look at F3 as standalone game then its crap, if you look at it as Fallout sequel its crap that someone shitted on your face after ass raping you with a coconut. Either case its still better game then Oblivion.

racofer said:
FO3 without VATS is nearly unplayable.

I found that F3 is only playable without VATS and on very hard atleast then it gives you some challenge. VATS itself got boring before I even left the Vault.

Talonfire

Scholar
Sceptic said:
Talonfire said:
If you ignore the fact that Oblivion is supposed to be a sequel to Daggerfall and Morrowind, Fallout 3 is a worse game.
Hurr durr

What's your point? No matter how bad it may be at least Oblivion still resembles a TES game. That alone gives Oblivion an advantage over Fallout 3.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
oblivion is fun dungeon crawler. Fo3 is shit. Oblivion is playable with mods, fo3 is not

madbringer

Arcane
Yes, letting a rat maul you and your shield in a sewer for 40 minutes so you can improve block and armor skill just so your character won't be gimped by low endurance and then going around killing crabs with fists and rusty iron daggers so you can deal damage with a real weapon all the while spamming utility spells so you can have more mana is FUN!

racofer

Thread Incliner
madbringer said:
Yes, letting a rat maul you and your shield in a sewer for 40 minutes so you can improve block and armor skill just so your character won't be gimped by low endurance and then going around killing crabs with fists and rusty iron daggers so you can deal damage with a real weapon all the while spamming utility spells so you can have more mana is FUN!

Easily fixable by the use of this mod: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=15619

Makes Oblivion even more rpgish.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i feel like im on tesf

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom