Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codexia's Fallout 3 recommended mods.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Clockwork Knight said:
I don't care about your narcolepsy, how's the camera?

Surprisingly, I had to tamper with it hehe...

The default consolemole 75º fov seems to be the norm now, despite the fact it's a know cause of headaches and motion sickness in people. I've been dealing with FOV settings ever since 1996 when I started playing Quake with a passion, so now I can just see whenever a game is set with a low fov the moment I look at it and I can't fucking stand this shit. Once I set it to a confortable 90º things got better. 75º is just too narrow and unrealistic, almost claustrophobic.

However this game suffers from the same engine deficiency present in Oblivian 4: Scrolls of the Eldar, where everything is weightless despite its usage of Havoc physics engine. It's like playing in the moon where everything slowly glides through the map. So unless Bethesderp implement air resistance, it sucks terribly.

The shooting mechanics so far are the most retarded ones I've seem. It's damn hard to aim on moving objects because enemies move in completely unrealistic and random way, abruptly changing directions (much like in Oblivion with that damned Deadly Reflex mod). It reminds me of Jedi Outcast, where the storm troopers strafed left to rigth all the time and it was frustrating to shoot things. However JK was fun and later when you got your light saber aiming was no longer an issue.

Pretty meh throughout, I would rather deal with the annoyances of DA:O over the stupid stuff of this game any day. This thing is not a rpg, nor a shooter nor an action game. It's an unformed mass of a gooey substance you can't grasp, describe nor taste.

CrimHead

Scholar
racofer said:
Pretty meh throughout, I would rather deal with the annoyances of DA:O over the stupid stuff of this game any day. This thing is not a rpg, nor a shooter nor an action game. It's an unformed mass of a gooey substance you can't grasp, describe nor taste.

It's primarily a LARPING aid, pure and simple. It provides a visual and slight narrative basis upon which you can imagine your own scenarios. It's also heavily modifiable, which helps to further this potential. For this reason, Bethesda's games are becoming less like legitimate video games if you get my meaning. They're becoming tools for the community to fiddle around with until they're satisfied with the end product ala NWN. This is probably the reason the codex has such a deep hate for both of these games.

Multi-headed Cow

Or at least improve the cocks, cockrings, cockboobs and cockpussies. There still isn't a proper rape mod for Fallout 3, what the hell is up with that?

CrimHead

Scholar
Playing Fallout 3 in the way many of you recommend (heavily modded) is just a slightly more advanced version of playing with action figures (you choose which ones you want for your custom scenario) while playing it sans mods is the equivalent of having whole chunks of your brain forcibly extracted with a rusty spoon.

Multi-headed Cow said:
Or at least improve the cocks, cockrings, cockboobs and cockpussies. There still isn't a proper rape mod for Fallout 3, what the hell is up with that?

Killable children mod already allows me to chase Maggie around town in a hockey mask and dismember her with a rusty kitchen knife, then laying hers and Nova's parts over the counter in the saloon, sit down and pretend I'm eating them. That's all the roleplaying I need to satisfy my sexual urges.

Norfleet

racofer said:
The default consolemole 75º fov seems to be the norm now, despite the fact it's a know cause of headaches and motion sickness in people. I've been dealing with FOV settings ever since 1996 when I started playing Quake with a passion, so now I can just see whenever a game is set with a low fov the moment I look at it and I can't fucking stand this shit.
I think it really depends on how close you sit to the monitor. I find that the most tolerable FOV is the one which precisely matches the actual angular field the monitor takes up, and anything that doesn't match this immediately makes everything look weird. Even moving my head affects this, so I tend to compensate for this by changing my head position until the monitor's angular field matches the one in the game.

However, I am immune to the motion sickness. My brain seems to include a safety interlock that disconnects me from the game when things don't match, but this creates a kind of disjointed feeling in the gameplay.

Multi-headed Cow

Clockwork Knight said:
Multi-headed Cow said:

Killable children mod already allows me to chase Maggie around town in a hockey mask and dismember her with a rusty kitchen knife, then laying hers and Nova's parts over the counter in the saloon, sit down and pretend I'm eating them. That's all the roleplaying I need to satisfy my sexual urges.
Well I'm still not satisfied. :rpgcodex:

racofer said:
Codexia's Fallout 3 recommended mods.

racofer said:
Besides uninstall.exe and "C:\>Deltree /y C:\*.*" on a dos prompt

A hundred codexers cried out in rage, having their presumably witty variation of this in mind before they read the OP.

madbringer

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
If you don't want to spend ages adding tons of mods, this seems to be a good one that adds lots of things at once.It tries to make the FPS part of the game more fun (since you can't get rid of it). It's compatible with the others Malachi mentioned, if you want to use them too.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2761

wall o' text

Challenge and difficulty? In my Fallout 3?

Gonna give this bad boy a go, seems cool on paper.

Luzur

Good Sir
Multi-headed Cow said:
Clockwork Knight said:
Multi-headed Cow said:

Well I'm still not satisfied. :rpgcodex:

yeah, you still cant stroke your enlarged dick with the body parts FFS!

Tycn

Savant
I know there's a prostitution mod, but is there a rape mod? It can't be that hard to make. I'd do it for the lulz if I had the time.

Black

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
You should start LARP wiki for FO3 is there already isn't one.

"You can pretend you're making beef jerky by laying dead children parts by your house, near the windows. Advance the time in the pipboy for a while, then dispose of the body parts. Now you can eat your homemade beef jerky!"

Jim Cojones

Prophet
Black said:
You should start LARP wiki for FO3 is there already isn't one.
http://falloutfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Fanon_Wiki

Conor has recently been inspired by the GNR DJ Three Dog's calls for people to "fight the Good Fight". Thusly, he roams the Wastelands, scavenging for resources to maintain himself and his armour, sharing what he can with fellow Wastelanders and those in need while systematically executing all Super Mutants and dangerous predators
:shock:

denizsi

Arcane
If Black Cat post pics of her tits, I'll finish my TB combat mod for FO3, complete with hexagonal grid, proper camera and everything.

I actually want to do it, just for NV but got too much stuff on my hands now.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Ok so I just got to the point where Qui-Gon sacrifices himself so I can get away. That was so filled with emotion that I decided I just can't go on, I don't like games that get me emotionally attached with characters and then make me feel real depressed when they die and stuff. Watching Doctor Li's reaction to when he died was too much to bear and I've drawn the line here. Back to chess it seems (as long as my queen doesn't die).

Luzur

Good Sir
denizsi said:
If Black Cat post pics of her tits, I'll finish my TB combat mod for FO3, complete with hexagonal grid, proper camera and everything.

I actually want to do it, just for NV but got too much stuff on my hands now.

boobiesc.jpg

AAGGGHHHH FFFFUUCKKKK MYYY EYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Seriously, it's probably apparent by now that I'm the kind of guy that gets offended by homophobic insults and poor-taste rape jokes. I've also got a sufficiently weak stomach that I dry-heaved the first time I was stealth-linked to goatsecs-man.

That picture was easily the most offensive thing I've ever seen posted or linked to from the rpgcodex.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom