Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone wins settlement after lawsuit over sexual assault accusations

Melcar

Arcane
I don't think he will give a straightforward answer. Maybe in private to a persone of confidence.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Another insight of groundbreaking intelligence
media%2FFsZ7PvaWwAAdbuB.png

That seems actually to be a sarcastic response, but probably you meant that. See 'he' writes "coundown to" - which essentially means Inb4.

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
Another insight of groundbreaking intelligence
media%2FFsZ7PvaWwAAdbuB.png

That seems actually to be a sarcastic response, but probably you meant that. See 'he' writes "coundown to" - which essentially means Inb4.
It looks that way. The guy in the tweet I linked above said he has a similar view with this resetera post. I want to avoid spamming twitter threads so I'll put this in a spoiler:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
So wait, the next cope is that Barrows opened a Corporation named Chris Avellone and now is getting 7 figures from him?

This is the best timeline.. Satire and Reality just blend together so well.. :lol:

Elttharion

Learned
It literally says that MCA told Kotaku the woman are paying the 7 figures and a previous attorney fee. That guy is a clown and a retard.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It literally says that MCA told Kotaku the woman are paying the 7 figures and a previous attorney fee. That guy is a clown and a retard.

"I think the idea that two accusers paid over a million dollars in a settlement to the accused will have a significant chilling effect on accusations (even legitimate ones)."

Why did he put that last part in parenthesis....?

This statement really comes off as him bemoaning that false statements of sexual harassment will be disincentivized by this settlement... yes, retard.. lmfao :lol:

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
All of that assuming money is being paid to a corporation named "Mr. Avellone" or he's secretly paying Barrows
But when it comes to Pfizer adverse effects everything must be accepted at face value or you're a nutjob

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I still don't understand how people can read news like this and then create a whole new narrative in their head that serves their agenda still, that ends with them saying "see, this doesn't make any sense" and then their natural response is to say "the original information can't possibly be true".

It's the equivalent of solving a math equation, coming to a result that you know is wrong/doesn't make any sense, and instead of finding the flaw in your calculations (i.e. in this case their flawed narrative) they think the original equation is incorrect.

When did we teach people to no longer assess their own logic and reasoning and search for flaws in them, and instead simply assume that everything they think is correct by default? God I hate this planet.

spectre

Arcane
Imagine, if you will, seeing a motor vehicle for the first time, your first question is: okay, so where is the horse?
Then the owner helpfully lifts up the hood and you're still trying to make out something at least vaguely equine.

It's a similar type of cultural shock for them. Women having to admit things they said weren't true and the guy actually being innocent... nevermind the rest of the details.
They're not equipped to process this and they're just standing there awkwardly waiting for the guy to get cuffed and dragged to the gaol
as they get to shout out the proper words: Shame on the bastard! Believe all women! I also!

Sizzle

Arcane
I still don't understand how people can read news like this and then create a whole new narrative in their head that serves their agenda still, that ends with them saying "see, this doesn't make any sense" and then their natural response is to say "the original information can't possibly be true".

Textbook case of Cognitive Dissonance.

Normal people can change their minds when presented with enough strong evidence. Ideologues such as these, on the other hand, can't admit to that - as it would invalidate too much of their core beliefs.

mastroego

Arcane
Imagine, if you will, seeing a motor vehicle for the first time, your first question is: okay, so where is the horse?
Then the owner helpfully lifts up the hood and you're still trying to make out something at least vaguely equine.

It's a similar type of cultural shock for them. Women having to admit things they said weren't true and the guy actually being innocent... nevermind the rest of the details.
They're not equipped to process this and they're just standing there awkwardly waiting for the guy to get cuffed and dragged to the gaol
as they get to shout out the proper words: Shame on the bastard! Believe all women! I also!
Agree in part, but not completely, I'm not sure the shock is that genuine.
Liberalism is mostly about putting a face and pretend things

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Women's brains work a bit differently than men's.
Or they don't work at all...
It's like Schopenhauer said, they are ruled by emotion, not logic and reason.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
what's really bad is that murderous Avellone KILLED ALL TALKING DEATHCLAWS!!!!!!!!
By the way, I wonder how that schizophrenic Deathclaw-fucker-Furry-otherkin felt about Avellone's victory?
Still mad.

Look at Chris Avellone. I could've told you he was a narcissistic misogynist with shades of sociopathy back in the '90s, purely based on what and how he wrote. His cult of personality defended him even after it was discovered that he's a sex-pest, though. The majority wants evil.

Camel

Scholar
what's really bad is that murderous Avellone KILLED ALL TALKING DEATHCLAWS!!!!!!!!
By the way, I wonder how that schizophrenic Deathclaw-fucker-Furry-otherkin felt about Avellone's victory?
Still mad.

Look at Chris Avellone. I could've told you he was a narcissistic misogynist with shades of sociopathy back in the '90s, purely based on what and how he wrote. His cult of personality defended him even after it was discovered that he's a sex-pest, though. The majority wants evil.

Why do such douchebags like Doucette and him call men they hate “sex-pests”?

Last edited:

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Still mad.

Stop giving degenerates attention. They've got nothing going for them in their lives and seek attention on social media.
That being said, i'd sue this clown for defamation if he lives in US. Chris has the money and can make him an example. He is most likely a loser like those 2 hoes and will have to work the rest of his/her life to pay Chris. You have to go after clowns like this to set an example. He won't do it but it i would. As Mike Tyson said: social media has made people too confortable with talking mad shit.

Last edited:

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
It's a little vague but we've been able to confirm that the settlement is in Chris Avellone's favour.
In his favor? He cucked out. I can understand it to some degree (lawsuits are never a time well spend, even if you are guaranteed to win) but the statement he wrested from the two... women of questionable character after years of smears, litigation (and the California court nonsense) amounts to 'we said bad things but we were two stupid girls so we didn't understand what we were saying teehee'. Lame. I hope this ordeal has changed their character but I doubt it. While MCA will need to continue to wash off the dirt, because the hyena mob is still out there.

He should've went for maximum damage, because that's what they did too, right until the very end, without remorse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom