Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone wins settlement after lawsuit over sexual assault accusations

user

Savant
Oh also false accusations hurt real victims. This is the most important and damaging aspect of this whole charade! Never forget this.
Sod off to reddit and Retardera. False accusations hurt the falsely accused. After every debunked false accusation you lot start kvetching how nobody would believe "real victims" yet feminists and liberal media believe unquestionably every next false accusation like Crystal Mangum of Duke lacrosse and Jackie Coakley of the UVA rape hoax, Tara Read oh wait.

You silly goose - of course they hurt the falsely accused. They also hurt real victims. It's quite simple really!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The only thing that could slightly improve nu-Obsidian would be firing their writing team left, right and center then having the likes of Avellone back on a permanent basis. It would amount to an instant recovery of one of their historic strengths which is currently a glaring weakness.

Such a mind numbing political decision it was to rather pay the salaries of an office of aimless broads when they could have the likes Chris or somebody, anybody, else churning out words.
Avellone refuses to work for Obsidian as long as Feargus Urquhart is CEO and Feargus is not giving up his job for this.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Why you fuckin Avellone simps regard this as a win for him?

Justice was not served.
He settled.

What did you expect to happen? Have them tarred and feathered and dragged through the streets?

They have been relegated to financial destitution for the rest of their lives and are doing a metaphorical "shame walk" around the internet telling every publication and online community that they are filthy liars.

Shitposting aside were you hoping for jail time?
Unlikely in <current_year> - punishing *false* accusers with jail would be ~*~*~chilling~*~*~ and stop survivors from coming forward. :roll:

Ryzer

Arcane
Imagining like Codex would have a 100% agreement on ideology. Newfags, newfags never change.
To draw a comparison, who remembers Bioware ex-employees who worked on Baldur's gate 1-2 and searched their private life to the point of posting articles about X having affairs with Y? Nobody, because nobody really cares. It's their private life.
Here the level has sunk to the level of TVreality

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
It's very funny that this forum simps so hard for Chris Avellone considering that politically he represents everything that this place hates. Coherency and codextards are two opposite things.
Chris doesn't hesitate pushing woke ideology in scripts he writes.

The quality of his work, and his passion for it, are enough for me to see past a lot of his faults.

Chanel Oberlin

Pineapple appreciator
Patron
It's very funny that this forum simps so hard for Chris Avellone considering that politically he represents everything that this place hates. Coherency and codextards are two opposite things.
Chris doesn't hesitate pushing woke ideology in scripts he writes.
I'm glad the users here know how to separate the art from the artist.

Ryzer

Arcane
Gaming is not art, as well as videogames writing.
It's just a hobby.

So we should hate MCA because of his opinions, even though we admire how well he does his hobby?

What exactly is your point?
My point is that it's his private life. We are not his family. Let him some privacy and let him settles the situation with those who wronged him.
Stop idealising a man for some work he did in the past. Nobody here knows him personally.

None

Scholar
Gaming is not art, as well as videogames writing.
It's just a hobby.

So we should hate MCA because of his opinions, even though we admire how well he does his hobby?

What exactly is your point?
My point is that it's his private life. We are not his family. Let him some privacy and settles the situation with those who wronged him.
Stop idealising a man for some work he did in the past. Nobody here knows him personally.
You're completely off point. It stopped being his private life when the allegations were made public and were intended to damage his public image.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
You started by saying it's weird that we focus on his work, rather than his political leanings, then switched to saying we should ignore his private life, even though this whole fucking thing has played out publicly, including multiple public announcements by the man himself. Then finished it all off by saying his work is old so that doesn't matter either! (on a classic game forum, of all places!)

What the fuck are you smoking, bro?

mastroego

Arcane
My point is that it's his private life. We are not his family. Let him some privacy and let him settles the situation with those who wronged him.
We - or at least I - don't care about Avellone specifically, rather we care about a point scored against cancel culture.
For what it's worth.
I also rooted for Depp for the same reason.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
I've never said any of those things, learn to read.

:nocountryforshitposters: Here, let's learn to read together.

You started by saying it's weird that we focus on his work, rather than his political leanings,
t's very funny that this forum simps so hard for Chris Avellone considering that politically he represents everything that this place hates.

then switched to saying we should ignore his private life

Then finished it all off by saying his work is old so that doesn't matter either! (on a classic game forum, of all places!)
Stop idealising a man for some work he did in the past.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Why you fuckin Avellone simps regard this as a win for him?

Justice was not served.
He settled.

It looks like the settlement basically included everything a trial could have awarded him or compelled Karissa and Kelly to do. It was only a civil case, so there wasn't any chance of Karissa and Kelly going to jail or anything. All the court can really do is say Karissa has to pay Chris (although they have no means to compel it without further legal action on the part of Chris) and tell her to stop saying those things (Which Chris would also have to use further legal action to enforce if she ignored).

The settlement covers that, and settlements can actually compel some actions that judges can't order someone to do.

What more did you want to happen?

Ryzer

Arcane
On the plus side, I hope he is going back at writing games.

Last edited:

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Resetera still didn't change a disgusting and slanderous title of their biggest thread about Avellone. Resetera mods closed it after banning a few sensible posters who expressed outrage.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ch...edator-up-claims-dismissed-threadmark.231604/
What did you expect from that enclave of degenerates? They don't give a shit about the truth, they are butthurt that Avellone was not crucified.
Mods there are the worst kind of degenerates, they are degenerates on a permanent power trip.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Games should have rape and be as much politically incorrect as possible. Art reflects reality. Fuck all the snowflakes who don't like that.
If only there was a game for you... But maybe there is!!!

JJ9TBAP.png

there is a game for me, its called Fallout 1

you can fuck or rape, and shoot kids in the back of the head

never played jrpgs, nor will I

that looks like a turd for weaboos and furries

JBro

Arbiter
We get rid of Feargus, then we clone enough Chris' to fill the ranks of Obsidian. Maybe have them storm Inxile and take that over too.

user

Savant
of course they hurt the falsely accused. They also hurt real victims.
The falsely accused are the real victims.

I used "real victims" as opposed to "fake victims" (like the accusers were in this case). Not to imply that the accused of those fake accusations aren't real victims or something.
I thought it was obvious, but I take full responsibility for that tragic misunderstanding!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom