Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone wins settlement after lawsuit over sexual assault accusations

selkin

Liturgist
I think the best first step for him to get back into the game would be to team up with someone that is good at drawing and writing a comic book and try to kickstarter it.

If the level of success in this endeavor is big enough, it would help convince studios to hire him again.
I wonder how much he is fed up with this whole shitfest. I'd probably find it hard to go back and write fantasy after shit like this.

Last edited:

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
I think the best first step for him to get back into the game would be to team up with someone that is good at drawing and writing a comic book and try to kickstarter it.

If the level of success in this endeavor is big enough, it would help convince studios to hire him again.
I womder how much he is fed up with this whole shitfest. I'd probably find it hard to go back and write fantasy after shit like this.
I think he's going to retire into a peaceful life after winning a million bucks from the couple of whores.

selkin

Liturgist
Was glad Owlcat didn't fire him without any proof. Shitty move by Techland (as much as I love Dying Light) and others...

He wasn't denying the accusations at the

Was glad Owlcat didn't fire him without any proof. Shitty move by Techland (as much as I love Dying Light) and others...

He wasn't denying the accusations at the time. Can't expect studios to stick their neck out and defend the dude who isn't even defending himself.
he didn't address it. it's never a good idea to deny such claims. he quietly lawyered up?

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Still stuck on this one? Somebody here lick your finger and stick it down a female coworker's buttcrack. That way we have a new thing to talk aboot.

For the record I'm too much of a gentleman for such degenerate trash. I obsessed over my female boss for MONTHS (it's on record) and never once did I tell her to let me lick her pussy.

ds

Cipher
Patron
He wasn't denying the accusations at the time. Can't expect studios to stick their neck out and defend the dude who isn't even defending himself.

In an ideal world they would wait for an actual case and judgement before taking actions that could do further damage. MCA found out we don't live in that world.

he didn't address it. it's never a good idea to deny such claims. he quietly lawyered up?

I doubt he lawyered up immediately or said lawyer would have put out a statement immediately.

~~In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.
With practice, they are

Only in theory.

Camel

Scholar
Almost all studios dropped him like a hot potato except Owlcat who did the least what Avellone deserved and asked to wait until evidence would come out. It never did.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Will he get his carer back or did the progressists managed to progress the cancel culture into something worse than Stalin purges and which hunts who considered people guilty till proven innocent and now we have the first system ever where you are guilty even after proving innocence?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
MCA could probably still write, even for games, under a pseudonym. Combine with a discreet NDA and any studio eager for his work could probably get away with it.

We'd know, though. Codex would sniff him out.

Wait, that sounded weird.

Camel

Scholar
MCA could probably still write, even for games, under a pseudonym. Combine with a discreet NDA and any studio eager for his work could probably get away with it.

Communists like Dalton Trumbo wrote under pseudonyms in Hollywood during the Red Scare.

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao
MCA could probably still write, even for games, under a pseudonym.
Cristoforo d'Avellino, Neapolitan writer extraordinaire. Fresh off the boat seeking his fame and fortune in the land of opportunity.

FchbWOh.jpg

ds

Cipher
Patron
MCA wasn't a stretch goal on every other Kickstarter because the studios cared about the writing but because his name sold extra copies. After all, most of them cut as much as they could while still technically fulfilling their crowdfunding promises. If they don't have the balls to put his name on the marketing material they are not going to hire him as a ghostwriter either.

That said, I doubt he won't manage to find a (probably smaller) studio that would be happy for the publicity or start one if he really wants to.

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
For the record I don't believe a man's life should be ruined over telling a chick he wants to eat her pussy. I'm not saying he did or didn't. But imagine if a woman walked up to you and said "I want you to fuck my throat with your huge cock and I'm gonna tickle your tip with my tongue". Are you gonna report that? Bring them to court? NO! Maybe if it was Hando but not a genuine woman. The double standard is downright sickening and it's not really womens' fault. It's the retards who still believe a woman has to be proper. That she can't slut around. I say hang all the old religious fucks and let women be free!

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

MCA's name was the brand.

Sure he could shart out some decent stories.. but the industry is flush with writers and good story writing is not something perceived as hard to do by corporate suits.
From a corporation perspective, the reason to seek out MCA explicitly for top dollar - to write something (anything) no matter how small was to slap his name on the credits.

Coming Soon... Written By ... "The guy who wrote that game you liked when you were a kid and videos games were less shit!"

TL;DR - this would defeat the whole purpose.

roshan

Arcane
The only thing that could slightly improve nu-Obsidian would be firing their writing team left, right and center then having the likes of Avellone back on a permanent basis. It would amount to an instant recovery of one of their historic strengths which is currently a glaring weakness.

Such a mind numbing political decision it was to rather pay the salaries of an office of aimless broads when they could have the likes Chris or somebody, anybody, else churning out words.
Avellone refuses to work for Obsidian as long as Feargus Urquhart is CEO and Feargus is not giving up his job for this.

What exactly was the drama between Avellone and Feargus?

Modron

Arcane
Hey as long as you're reading that thread could you find the video linked in it that is of someone singing chris avellone's complaints to the tune of:

I hope that it's linked in that thread and not buried in some random megathread somewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom