Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Chaos Chronicles forums now live on the Codex

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
When did commie become a complete dumbfuck?

I'm not like you to gush and fawn every time some two bit developer decides to post a comment on the Codex.

What next? You'll give Dogma7 his own forum, sing his praises and leap to his defense as soon as he shows up touting his latest stolen asset turd?

BitComposer must really be stuffing you with Doritos bro....

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anybody brought up the irony of HG getting slightly bent out of shape (and bending to complaints) about the fairly innocuous juvenile forum humor of the "Tits or GTFO" achievement while simultaneously announcing Jarl Frank of all people as his community manager and partial writing help?

:lol:

So much shit, so few fans.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
NOOOOOOOOO MUH 4CHAN MEME!!!! WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT IT HOW COULD U DO THUIS HOBGOBLIN:rpgcodex::rage: :x:mob::keepmyjewgold:
It's the same thing as the Auschwitz board, bot at least that time it was local residents who were against it instead of butthurt newfags. The Auschwitz joke was dumb, but changing it just because it might god forbid offend someone goes against the spirit of this place.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
[] Male
[] Black Cat making another account
Get out of my head!

I knew it! Always had a theory that you and felipepepe were alts of each other.
I don't think I can substitute my broken Spanish for a fluency in Portuguese.

(Seriously, why?)

I dunno. I think I noticed you on roughly the same time, you're both nice guys (a rarity 'round these parts) and you both have similar amounts of brofists. In my head, the lines between where evdk began and felipepepe ended started to blur.

Forgive me.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
So we sucumbed to the pressure :decline: Back when I joined the message was simple "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen"

Kz3r0

Arcane
NOOOOOOOOO MUH 4CHAN MEME!!!! WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT IT HOW COULD U DO THUIS HOBGOBLIN:rpgcodex::rage: :x:mob::keepmyjewgold:
It's the same thing as the Auschwitz board, bot at least that time it was local residents who were against it instead of butthurt newfags. The Auschwitz joke was dumb, but changing it just because it might god forbid offend someone goes against the spirit of this place.
But pissing off Codexers isn't.:smug:

This "alliance" isn't going to last very long. Codex is Chaotic. I'd be interested to know whether the association causes any noticeable changes in local registrations though

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
HobGoblin April 10th, 2013 at 12:20 pm

Sil: based on your (justified) criticism, there have been made changes – this alert will not be displayed to new members anymore
Care to comment on this? Are we negotiating with terrorists now?
Yes. If you'd like to hold the Codex to ransom and have terms you'd like us to consider, please contact our terrorist negotiation department care of Crooked Bee.

Indranys

Savant
Guys why think so hard.
Just ban the protesting newfags from CC forums and move them to Prosper threads.
Bro Hobgoblin will understand I think, and Fair Codexia will be a peaceful imperium once again.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yeah, the welcome message for new female members could need an, ehmmm, update?

What do you suggest?

I have no idea, but currently there is a big discussion about anti-feminism in the game industry. I am also aware of the fact that our future customers are probably 98% male (1% female, 1% roquey) , but I would really embrace any new female gamer in our community.

By big discussion about anti-feminism do you mean that one broad who bilked some white-knighting idiots out of $100,000 to produce a twenty minute youtube video that offered insight shallower than undergraduate level work?

Monty

Arcane
Looks like they won't stop until the chainmail bikini is extinct - had become more of a joke than a stereotype anyway.

And it's hardly surprising that women were depicted as unrealistic fantasy objects in games aimed at a predominantly male audience. I assume after this battle is won RPS will move onto ensuring that men are more 'realistically portrayed' in soap operas / romantic fiction / fifty-shades-of-shite etc aimed at a predominantly female audience? Or perhaps they will just lighten up and stop taking themselves so seriously.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, is the modern "enemy"... people can't antagonize URSS anymore, so let's crusade against patriarchy to give us a purpose in life or something...

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
With trends as they are, we'll end up having small/mid-sized studios doing what indies were doing up 'til now, and indies turning to sexist chainmail bikini fantasy ARPGs instead. A market demand is always met in some degree, and I'm not about to give up on chainmail bikinis.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
We have Japan for that:
up226876.gif

kaizoku

Arcane
What if the so called "new user" was just another BlackCat/Roguey account, that simply registered with the goal of destroying the codex? o_O

THEY HATE US FOR OUR FREEDOM!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom