Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Build Your Own Home and Adopt Children in Skyrim's New DLC Hearthfire

IDtenT

Menace to sobriety!
Patron
South Africa; My pronouns are: Banal/Shit/Boring
Divinity: Original Sin
I know game designers just want to be yes-men and list all of the obligatory classics like Ultima and Baldur's Gate

If he wanted cred, he'd probably mention games that his target public played, no?

master chief avatar said:
Goyoshi12
Posted Aug 31, 2010 2:55 pm PT

I have a question for 5,452 people. Who IS The Guardian?

gears of war avatar said:
rbdeal
Posted Aug 31, 2010 11:24 am PT

What the hell is Ultima?

my vote is for shao kahn for 3 reasons first e is like the lord of evil second i dont even know the other
freak and third I DONT KNOW IF HE IS A MEN OR A WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is it a man or a woman?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Why the fuck is it so hard to spell Baldur's? Must be most misspelled game title. That illiterate weaboo even had the title right under Irenicus' image. Redding is teh hard.

UnknownBro

Savant
Obviously this shitty expansion is targeted to a teenager audience, anyway nothing new here. A shiity DLC to a shitty game.

UnknownBro

Savant
Your no. 1 favourite game is UVII and still you make such crappy games, yeah right, go play call of duty IV you conselefag, you know is your number 1 biatch.

Well the inevitable mods dedicated to this child adoption mechanic bode well for the Best Thread Ever. The Brazi sgc_meltdown needs to prepare his body.

For people arguing over how logical it is to hate on the mechanic well the simple fact is it's just a lame idea. Is it inherently bad? No, just lame. Think of the people you are appealing to when you do things like that. Are these the people you want to have as your game audience? Do you want to be serving the future dreams and desires of people that are drawn to adopting children in games?

Luzur

Good Sir
....if you want to implement family ingame, why make it adoption? i mean, dont Dovahkiin/Dovahkiin/Dhovakin/something have dick and balls and marriable women all over Skyrim to make his own?

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Adoption is fair to everyone, natural procreation implies that getting children is only appropriate through male-to-female intercourse.
This is racist to transsexuals, homosexuals, pedophiles and so on, and not appropriate in a progressive society.

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
By making the in- game procreation possible, they'd officialy admit there's an actual sex in the game. That makes things more complicated, I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom