Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Bringing D&D/AD&D campaign settings to life with Stable Diffusion

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
What's the best proompting machine if I don't want to be bothered with setting up on my linux (half of them don't work for it) or paying? I want to use more of these for my D&D campaigns.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Challenge: 19th Century and Victorian Era characters (or whatever) more-or-less in the style of Arcanum.

I'm not specifically requesting anything, mind you.
JD0vQnp.png

JFRuXYc.png

The goblin's shoulder is messed up, but I didn't want to take too much time to fix it.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Prompts used for this need to be saved for the future generations.
"Posterity Prompts"

Like knowing the right words/spell to make hot fantasy babes magically show up.
Based on (1) previous information provided by Lagole Gon about his prompts, (2) the Interrogate CLIP function used on Lagole Gon's "Conana" image, (3) the Interrogate DeepBooru function used on that same image, and (4) a few tweaks of my own, I ended up with:
barbarian woman in a bikini and leather outfit standing, ink watercolour painting, art by Greg Rutkowski, art by Chris Rahn, art by Alphonse Mucha, art by Beksiński, art by Hildebrandt, art by Dave Dorman, muscled, armband, armlet, belt, black_hair, blunt_bangs, choker, earrings, circlet, jungle, long_hair, looking_at_viewer, medium_breasts, navel, necklace, outdoors, palm_tree, ruins
though I also added negative prompts from another source:
duplicates, duplicate, deformed hands, high contrast, cartoon, fake, amateur, deformed, malformed, (overexposed), off center, blur, haze, bad anatomy, disfigured, extra limb, ugly, poorly drawn hands, missing limb, blurry, floating limbs, ((mutated hands and fingers)), ((anthro)), ((animal))

I generated four batches of 25 images each, with each batch differing only in the CFG scale and from having a random seed. Of these 100 images, 27 are good enough to be usable, though a few require non-trivial alterations via inpaint to remove an extra limb or similar adjustments.

0FIxinE.png

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Stop right there stranger!!!
Before you enter the Lost Kingdom of Awesomepolis you must defeat one of my daughters in the Holy Ritual of Oil Wrestling! For such is our ancient custom.
King.jpg

Behold!

Thundara, the warrior:
Thundara.jpg

Beware her mighty hips!

Lushina, the wild:
Lushina.jpg

Leader of the Bushwomen Warriors!

Pao Kung, the quick:
Pao-Kung.jpg

Nimble in unexpected ways.

And my youngest daughter Amal, the maiden:
Analla.jpg

Her will is impenetrable!

Pick your opponent wisely!
(Heavy metal music starts playing...)​

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Back to GAZ1: The Grand Duchy of Karameikos

1wfNMH5.png

Castellan Keep, a lonely, cold fortress high in the Altan Tepes mountains

Oif15RK.png

Duke's Road Keep, which sees a great deal of commercial traffic passing through

zIjIL3O.png

Radlebb Keep, a gloomy fortress in the hills between the Radlebb Woods and the Black Eagle Barony

4eUWZfc.png

Riverfork Keep, at the confluence of two rivers

xxe9Ghs.png

The blackened ruins of the Old Mill in the town of Threshold

u3Qv73L.png

Encampment of loggers outside Threshold

IluGNfp.png

Fort Doom, capital of the Black Eagle Barony

66j2tkx.png

Docks in Specularum, capital of Karameikos

GuLQVVv.png

Market in Specularum

7VC6DGI.png

The Nest, the oldest, narrowest, dirtiest, and poorest section of Specularum

HeSIpwn.png

The Duke's Palace, Specularum

NwNgger

Educated
Here are some of my experiments. I'm specifically making RPG portraits for an NwN campaign I'm designing inspired by Castlevania.

Ba9rLxu.png

x3UMEWO.png

hcIOSus.png

i4soNHP.png

jfOvS7y.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Returning to Planescape, the chaotic plane of Limbo demands a different art style:

Fennimar, a realm of lonely forest:
p5T9AIS.png
okjwBpV.png
Hrxsms1.png
4tNITDy.png

Shra'kt'lor, the largest city of the Githzerai and also their greatest military stronghold:
gN9jIs5.png
eYbWRg9.png

hNmMdhc.png
Spz1wEW.png

The Floating City of the Githzerai, their religious center, with tall spires and stone walkways:
g0yWwRF.png
jp6crKL.png

Jz9uY8C.png
vWLBvV2.png

Barnstable, a halfling village:
1oUSPKB.png
PNxUZ2u.png

B5qUxx1.png
deAl186.png

Aside from isolated islands of stability, Limbo consists of chaos stuff, a roiling soup of the four basic elements:
FTUoyCo.png
rhco4ae.png

qP2qjku.png
0nxM9RM.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Attempted to generate images in the style of Edward Gorey, for possible use in a Call of Cthulhu campaign (or perhaps even a Star Trek campaign). However, Stable Diffusion v1.5 doesn't seem to include Gorey's style strongly enough, and rather than generate an embedding with Textual Inversion, it makes sense to wait for the full release of Stable Diffusion XL before proceeding.

DdMMdx8.png
g43sIuz.png
7kpS0rI.png
Sb6cIcJ.png
k7w9yIV.png
rPnaRed.png
EByDlIU.png
pPxDAPb.png

Bruuce

Literate
Anyone tried Dalle3 via bing? It's free and has some features Stable Diffusion lacks, like being able to make characters holding guns.
Kinda sucks for aping certain arstyles, been trying to make some gritty comic book art but it doesn't recognize different artstyles like stable diffusion can.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom