Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Bloodlines glitch reporting forum up

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
I missed the 'fansite' part of the post, so I assumed he was talking of general Troika sites (so I remembered CO8). Mea culpa.

But love is in the air, cut me some slack, Jeeves.

Lomer

Liturgist
Exitium said:
He's talking about the site he used to run.

What a good site was Eye on Troika…. Sic transit gloria mundi, they say. Anyway, kudos to the Codex for giving shelter to the poor orphan Whipporowill :D .

Whipporowill

Erudite
Haha, Rex - you can't seem to let go of that fucked up idea of your "truth". He neither killed himelf nor gave up the site due to anything related to it. I'm guessing trouble in real life - he refuses to discuss whatever happened with those that have talked to him afterwards. Yes, hes still around. Research shows that for those who care, not that I'd understand if anyone would - I don't anymore.

Internet is one fucked up place, with some seriously fucked up people. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Well I don't really care about him. I'm just going to keep talking about how he slit his wrists because it's somewhat funny. He always came off as a Linkin Park kind of guy. Especially when he cried during the chat.

The Exar

Liturgist
Someone reports glitcehs. Source: Dialapidation Forums:

Good day to everyone...

My name is not important, but what really is...is that I am a part of Blizzard Entertainment for quite a time, and let me tell you, Troika, u are continously mistaking from the begining to the end. You have the licence of the Vamp, the whole universe, etc. And you are doing nothing to get the full potential out of it. Redemption was a good game, even ilacking a seriously PVP), but Bloodlines...omg... I simply cannot understand why you worked so much in delivering a product who makes so much ppl unhappy.!?!? And I am not talking about minor bugs (textures, elevators, blablabla - which of course, are not good...but...). I played your game with...some kind of curiosity (because I loved Redemption - which WAS A GOOD GAME - I am sorry that I have to tell it again), but all I have seen was a world based on the Source engine (the engine is good - even if it lack per-pixel shading), but Bloodlines looks like it is rendered in Q3 Engine (not including water). Character movements are not good enough, overall performance is poorer than HL2 ( who happenes to look 100 times better than Bloodlines, sorry but is true !), WHERE THE HELL IS THE MULTIPLAYER ( Lan pvp, a server with some thing like our Bnet - which is not very hard to make, blablabla).
I am reminding you again, you have the Vampire licence - exploit it. And yes, I shouldn't give you advices - I am from a different company - but I like your ideea and I am 1000 % convinced that Vamp must be perfected. And to tell you one good reason ?

Diablo 3 is shooting... And when it'll appear, it will be damn hard for a RPG to score again...

c ya

No comment. There's a link: http://bloodlines.dilapidation.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=19263&highlight=#19263

Sol Invictus

Erudite
That guy is so full of shit.

You don't need to know anyone at Blizzard to realize that that guy is full of shit. He just is. I mean, fucking look at it. You'd have to be some 11 year old to type shit like that. If he's older than 11, he ought to fucking slit his wrists.

Oh yeah, Redemption blew goats.

p.s. Source does have Per Pixel Shading.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
Oh yeah, Redemption blew goats.

Actually I'd say about half of the game wasn't that bad. The storyline was pretty acceptable, even if the over-dramatization of Christoff was a bit unecessary. It might've been in character, but it obscured whatever character he might've become. The combat wasn't bad at all (post-patch that is), and the game even threw you some opportunities as far as stealth go. Playing in two distinct timelines wasn't bad, either. I guess what really brought it down was the repetitive gameplay.

p.s. Source does have Per Pixel Shading.

OMG u dissin' an INDASTRY ECKSPURT opinion!!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
You know when you see those pretty motes in the air, in the train station in HL2, or in dusty basements in Bloodlines? Or those pretty ripples and their reflections on the water? Those are pixelshaders, baby! Hell, magnified glass and the 'distortion lens' you see on the windows of your apartment in Bloodlines use pixelshading, too.

The Exar

Liturgist
The "Blizzard" guy is just ill. The absolute lame. Peoples like him don't usually play a single game more than 3 hours. Look, I fell sorry for them. Vampirofobia/goodgraphicfobia isn't a good thing to have...

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
I just wanted to chime in to give a hearty well done to Troika for the haunted hotel. I did that quest last night and luckily was able to have my headphones on and the lights out.

Wow. That had me jumping, looking over my shoulder constantly, and just all around freaked out. I can't even begin to describe how wonderful that place is. I was NEVER that freaked out playing System Shock 2.

Thank you Leon and crew. I needed that badly.

Please. Give me more! :D

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
Yeah well both System Shock 2 and Deus Ex models and model animation looked like crap, not that it stopped them from being awesome games.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Ap_Jolly said:
Yeah well both System Shock 2 and Deus Ex models and model animation looked like crap, not that it stopped them from being awesome games.

Agreed. System Shock 2 has never strayed from my top five list since it's release. Deus Ex was the same way for a little while, but it's not up there anymore. I still like it though and think it was an awesome game for it's time.

Fez

Erudite
Exitium said:
Well I don't really care about him. I'm just going to keep talking about how he slit his wrists because it's somewhat funny. He always came off as a Linkin Park kind of guy. Especially when he cried during the chat.

Haha! I missed that one, sounds like a classic.

Well, if that guy isn't a Blizzard employee then they should send out their talent scouts out for him ASAP*! What a gem, clearly a genius, I am sure everyone at Blizzard looks up to that guy with a deep sense of admiration.

*To silence the 11 year old permanently, of course.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
I think either I or Spazmo will write it. Perhaps VD. Whip asked to write the review, and I asked him what was wrong with Bloodlines. The results I got were a little too small for my tastes, because I think there is quite a bit wrong about the game.

The problem with a lot of game reviews on the internet is no one is willing to really say what is wrong with a game beyond what other reviews might have taken the first steps toward saying what's wrong. Sometimes that's a good thing, because what everyone says is wrong is wrong with it. However, saying that the combat should be more like HL2 is rather stupid considering the game isn't an FPS. However, a lot of the reviews on the internet gloss over problems with games depending on the status of the publisher and developer. For example, BioWare games have loads of problems, but reviews never touch on them, ever. Companies like EA won't deal with a lot of sites because they feel they're too big to waste their time on most sites, so most of the sites they do deal with swallow their spoo as much as possible.

Anyway, I'd rather have a lengthy critical review over a shallow PR piece. That's why I don't think Exitium or Whip would be good choices for the writers of the review.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Anyway, I'd rather have a lengthy critical review over a shallow PR piece."

Then let me write it after I play it (ina wek or so most likely at the end of the month). :p Or better yet, get Gromnir. :D

Seriosuly, have anyone write the review except Exitium.

P.S. That is *not* an invitation for him to write the review so stop thinking those evil thoughts. :twisted:

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Saint_Proverbius said:
I think either I or Spazmo will write it. Perhaps VD.
I'll be glad to.

Anyway, I'd rather have a lengthy critical review over a shallow PR piece. That's why I don't think Exitium or Whip would be good choices for the writers of the review.
I don't do PR, that's for sure. I like the game a lot, but there are some things that bug me.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"A Bloodlines review by Otaku Hanzo

TEH GAEM ROXZORZZ MEH SOXZORRZ!!1!! KTHXBAI!!

P.S. - It has some bugs."

Ha. If I weren't going to buy the game anyways, this "review" would have SOLD me on it.

Self-Ejected

dojoteef

Self-Ejected
Saint you made my day by saying you thought the game had a number of things wrong with it and that you guys are going to try to put out a balanced review. That's all I ever want. I even made post a little while ago to that affect on the Action Trip review thread. Just don't forget to mention the good things about the game :).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom