Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Ebrietas was in the top 3 of the most difficult bosses for me, next to Martyr Logarius and cursed chalice Amygdala. Surprisingly, I had no issues with Orphan, but I was possibly over leveled a ton after going through all the Chalice Dungeons.
Yup, being over leveled makes a huge difference (obviously). I had a ton of extra levels from chalice dungeons and the Hunter's Nightmare by the time I got to Ebrietas on my previous run, and it was so easy it didn't even register as a proper boss fight.

This time around it took about 20 attempts until I developed a sense of its moveset, and a couple more attempts until I finally nailed it. And this is with +8 Mercy Blades and/or +8 Pimp Cane with bolt paper.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bloodborne remaster rumour #256.

Even if it was true, 2025? Two years from now, fuck you Sonytards, not buying your console ever, this shit should've been done two years AGO.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Nightmare of Mensis is a fairly creepy and challenging area if you play it at the appropriate level. Not sure if I should finish off the boss (Mergo's Dry Nurse) or do the entire Hunter's Nightmare (which I haven't touched yet) first.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
SHIT! I tried to kill Ariana's alien baby to get the third umbilical cord, and accidentally hit Ariana and she instantly died. That really bummed me out. What the fuck?

Anonona

Learned
SHIT! I tried to kill Ariana's alien baby to get the third umbilical cord, and accidentally hit Ariana and she instantly died. That really bummed me out. What the fuck?
Arianna dies regardless of if you hit her or not, killing the baby kills her (but not the inverse).

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Ludwig still took about 15 attempts, even though I have all his moves burned into my muscle memory after the first run. Well, all the 1st phase moves, the 2nd phase is more like stay behind him and hope he doesn't hit you with his magic sword rays. What a cunt boss, and for some reason FS decided that these are the types of bosses players want to face in their subsequent games?? Do people actually enjoy spending hours beating an overdesigned boss that feels like a full-time job that nobody is paying you for?

Arianna dies regardless of if you hit her or not, killing the baby kills her (but not the inverse).
I think I only killed the alien baby on my first run, but I could be wrong.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Lawrence, otoh, was an enjoyable revamped Cleric Beast fight. The bit where he loses his legs and crawls around on the floor would have disturbed me a lot if he had blood instead of lava spewing from his body.

See, not every boss needs to be a twitchy gravity-defying tard with fifty different moves in phase 1 and another fifty in phase 2.

Fatty

Augur
How one does that spin slash with the Rakuyo? I tried everything but never managed to do it. weird.
Pretty sure it’s the L2 attack in it’s transformed (one blade in each hand) state. Maybe I’ll fire the game up tonight to verify, it’s been a few months.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Somehow I struggled with Living Failures but then easily first-tried Maria. This run is weird.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Worked my way up right to the Orphan of Kos. I'll let you know if I magically second-try it again, or if I'll feel like ripping out my hair by the time I'm done with it.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Worked my way up right to the Orphan of Kos. I'll let you know if I magically second-try it again, or if I'll feel like ripping out my hair by the time I'm done with it.
Wasn't nearly as bad as I feared, since this boss is parreable in both phases. Having 60 in DEX Skill and two Clawmark runes (and amazing reflexes), I just calmly parried him to death, took about ten tries. Wouldn't have walked away thinking that this is the hardest Bloodborne boss at all, IMO, that honor remains securely with Ludwig.

Now all that remains is the Mergo's Moist Governess/Gehrman/Moon Presence trifecta. I'd let Gehrman cut my throat and free me from the Hunter's Dream, since I consider that to be the best ending, but it requires me to skip two entire bossfights, and I'm not missing content just to watch a cutscene that I can also watch on Youtube.

Guess I'll have to turn into an alien squid baby again.

Bloodborne's soundtrack is fucking great. It's the only From game to do the orchestral style justice - otherwise I prefer the more dungeon synth vibe of King's Field and DeS soundtracks.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ludwig and Orphan of Kos are two of the best bosses From ever did.
Sure, if you think moar difficult = moar grate.

After every new FS game people invariably pick the fastest, jumpiest bosses and say they're the best evah. Very edgy, but whatever floats whoever's boat.

My best FS bosses, because most memorable and awsum: Astraea, Storm King, O&S, Sinh, Nameless, Midir, Headless Ape, Saint Isshin, Rykard, Elden Beast.

Accept my verdict.

Sekiro bosses are on another level entirely IMO. The game just lends itself very well to boss fights.

As for Souls bosses, I prefer simpler ones. My favourite is in fact Flamelurker from the original DeS. The combination of the setting, the soundtrack, the novelty at the time, is just unbeatable to me.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014

After every new FS game people invariably pick the fastest, jumpiest bosses and say they're the best evah. Very edgy, but whatever floats whoever's boat.

My best FS bosses, because most memorable and awsum: Astraea, Storm King, O&S, Sinh, Nameless, Midir, Headless Ape, Saint Isshin, Rykard, Elden Beast.

Accept my verdict.
I like them for the story associated with them as well as the designs, not just the difficulty. The switch going from phase 1 to phase 2 of Ludwig is peak hype, as well.

The fact that you think Elden Beast is good disqualifies all your other opinions on any subject though, and you should probably be banned from being able to vote or operate a car.

I had actually forgotten about Elden Beast. But definitely bottom 3 From bosses of all time. Perhaps even the very worst.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

The fact that you think Elden Beast is good disqualifies all your other opinions on any subject though, and you should probably be banned from being able to vote or operate a car.
Clearly your souls sensibilities aren't prestigious enough.

Best ER bosses are Radahn and Elden Beast. Both are terrible but in 10 years those are the only ones you'll remember from the game.

Probably the only two things you'll remember from that period of your life.

Ashen_Shugar

Literate

Accept my verdict.

Sekiro bosses are on another level entirely IMO. The game just lends itself very well to boss fights.

As for Souls bosses, I prefer simpler ones. My favourite is in fact Flamelurker from the original DeS. The combination of the setting, the soundtrack, the novelty at the time, is just unbeatable to me.

Never played Bloodborne or Elden Ring but have played Sekiro extensively. Would you rate Bloodborne bosses as harder than Sekiro (hardest being Isshin, Headless Ape?). How about Elden Ring bosses, how do they rate overall in the pantheon of FS titles?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom