Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Alfons

Prophet
bolt is highly against kin (anything that looks like an alien or has tentacles.)
Whoa whoa whoa so you mean to tell me that
youre an alien from the start of the game? I thought that by kin they meant other humanoids.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
bolt is highly against kin (anything that looks like an alien or has tentacles.)
Whoa whoa whoa so you mean to tell me that
youre an alien from the start of the game? I thought that by kin they meant other humanoids.

Ending spoilers:

In the secret ending when you defeat Moon Presence it's blatantly implied that you become an infant Great One.

You became an infant Great One, lifting humanity into its next childhood.

Phage I have a feeling that the Chalice dungeons will become the PvP playground once we understand them more.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
https://twitter.com/adsk4

Pyramid head easter egg?

CBgRh39UUAADnYo.jpg
CBVIK5TVAAA7dGS.jpg:large
CBdqv98UwAAZ3Si.jpg:large
CBgSRoWUYAAFoJa.jpg:large

Alfons

Prophet
In the secret ending when you defeat Moon Presence it's blatantly implied that you become an infant Great One.
You became an infant Great One, lifting humanity into its next childhood.
I know about the ending.
I just thought that you were a human who became an old great one. The fact that your kin are aliens indicates that you were a half-breed alien or an alien Jesus all along.
It's similar to the twist from the call of Cthulu fps and probably a dozen Lovecraft stories.

Alfons

Prophet
Gods are aliens. Their powers are so terribly terrible that even being exposed to them can drive a man insane. That's about it.

DragoFireheart

Gods are aliens. Their powers are so terribly terrible that even being exposed to them can drive a man insane. That's about it.

The how is simple, it's usually the why that confuses me.

EDIT: Can't wait for a "How not to play Bloodborne" if DipShitPhil ever decides to play this game.

He'll probably lose to Father G, BSB, Rom, and the last boss so much. I don't think he'll complete this game. He never completed Dark Souls 2 DLC boss Lud and Zallen.

Last edited:

Villagkouras

Arcane
So, apparently there is somekind of level scaling in Bloodborne, in the form of...

Insight.

15 seems to be the (first maybe?) threshold, as the game became way harder when I was abducted to Unseen Village, after I killed Blood Starved Beast.

Tomorrow I'll test whether this is permanent or there is a way back (if not, I may start over, this is turning to be masochistic).

DragoFireheart

So, apparently there is somekind of level scaling in Bloodborne, in the form of...

Insight.

15 seems to be the (first maybe?) threshold, as the game became way harder when I was abducted to Unseen Village, after I killed Blood Starved Beast.

Tomorrow I'll test whether this is permanent or there is a way back (if not, I may start over, this is turning to be masochistic).

You can use your insight to buy stuff in the Hunter's Dream if you need to get rid of it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
One trophy away from platinum. Need to go through more chalice to get to the queen

DragoFireheart

Is it any good?

Just watched Oroboro get wrecked by a blades user.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Been trying all afternoon to beat Rom..Kirk, Axe, Saw, Tonitus all at +6 (tried them all).

Helpers have all been not helpful...

Controller throwing frenzy imminent...

:negative:

my level is 58
stats
V 22
E 22
S 22
Sk 22
B 10
A 10

What am I doing wrong?

Zep--
/\ scrub I guess

DragoFireheart

Been trying all afternoon to beat Rom..Kirk, Axe, Saw, Tonitus all at +6 (tried them all)

Zep--
/\ scrub I guess

You need to never stop moving during that fight, less the sky arcane missile wreck you.

Don't try to kill the little spiders, it's a waste of time. Instead, try to herd them away from Rom, then quickly run to the back side of Rom and smash his ass.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Cthulhu lore always confuses the hell out of me, guess it's appropriate.
It's very much seeped in post World War I cynicism and uncertainty for the future. What's scary isn't supposed to be the fact that there's a giant octopus-man with webbed hands somewhere in the ocean, it's what it represents. That there are infinitely ancient and horrific things out there in the universe that we can't even begin to comprehend; and that for all of our accomplishments as a species, we're ultimately just an insignificant little spark of light in a vast and uncaring universe, that'll go out just as quickly as it was light.

Also, interracial breeding is bad.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Been trying that..either I get caught in the roll AOE, or the regular blue bombs I cant seem to dodge, or the little bastard spiders surround me and kill me.

Zep--

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Been trying all afternoon to beat Rom..Kirk, Axe, Saw, Tonitus all at +6 (tried them all).

my level is 58
stats
V 22
E 22
S 22
Sk 22
B 10
A 10

What am I doing wrong?

Zep--
/\ scrub I guess

Now to confuse you, I'm going to say the exact opposite of Drago. I've fought this fuckhead 3 times so I've gotten p. gud at it (twice in the main game, once in the chalice)

Kill the spiders first - probably with your Tonitrus, IIRC the spiders and Rom are actually weak to bolt. You need to git gud at baiting the spider's attacks which leaves them vulnerable (just roll when they lunge at you then hit them in the butt).

This is the most important part!!:
During Rom phase 2/3 he will start casting spells. He has 3 spells. You need to learn the visual que for each, it's always the same.

In my experience, the arcane hail coming from the sky is the hardest to consistent avoid - if you maintain a relatively close distance to him, he will usually just do the move that causes arcane to rise from circles on the ground, which is much easier to avoid. When he does summon the rain, start rolling or running immediately. Alternatively, lock onto someone so you can do the megafast dash, and keep dashing. After clearing all the little spiders each round you can freely focus on him. During the final form he has a roll move that can hurt you, but it shouldn't be a problem really.

edit: forgot to mention, equip an arcane resist rune and some clothing with high arcane resistance if you can't consistently dodge the blue shit coming from the sky

DragoFireheart

Been trying that..either I get caught in the roll AOE, or the regular blue bombs I cant seem to dodge, or the little bastard spiders surround me and kill me.

Zep--

I find running to the side or straight at Rom works best for avoiding the blue bombs.

The roll AOE you just need to time the dodge or not be close to him for too long. Also, try stacking arcane resist (look for student uniform and trousers, father g gloves, and one of the cleric hats for top arcane defense).

The spiders are a pain, just do your best.

Now to confuse you, I'm going to say the exact opposite of Drago. I've fought this fuckhead 3 times so I've gotten p. gud at it (twice in the main game, once in the chalice)

I did the opposite of what Phage said and I did it on my second attempt. His way may work better, I haven't tested it. But the Tonitrus is the best weapon for this fight.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I don't know how to herd them I guess. 30 spiders all around if I don't try to kill the little bastards.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
I'm all Arcaned up with gear (I thought it was bolts he was throwing at first). Still same shit, getting waxed.

Zep--

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I don't know how to herd them I guess. 30 spiders all around if I don't try to kill the little bastards.

Zep--

That's why I recommend killing them. You need to physically walk behind the spiders in a circular motion, unless they lunge, in which case you roll on sight.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
yeah. I know they are weak in the back. But do that for all 3 rounds?

Zep--

That's why I recommend killing them. You need to physically walk behind the spiders in a circular motion, unless they lunge, in which case you roll on sight.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
yeah. I know they are weak in the back. But do that for all 3 rounds?

Zep--

Yes. You can either take it slow, kill them, then fight the relatively benign Rom alone, or you can just bumrush him and dodge the spiders at the same time. Your call.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom