Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
I'm still not that far into the game, but my theory for the plot so far;
One+in+3+people+believes+in+a+jewish+craftsman+that+_adeb0c4689f6cdfb1ba811422efc3bf2.jpg

If you look at the statues lining the steps to the Great Cathedral, they're Cthulhu-looking tentacle head monsters. The "Gods" worshipped by the Healing Church are eldritch abominations from beyond the stars.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I'm still not that far into the game, but my theory for the plot so far;
One+in+3+people+believes+in+a+jewish+craftsman+that+_adeb0c4689f6cdfb1ba811422efc3bf2.jpg

If you look at the statues lining the steps to the Great Cathedral, they're Cthulhu-looking tentacle head monsters. The "Gods" worshipped by the Healing Church are eldritch abominations from beyond the stars.

Omega shin spoilers:

Yes

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So I've been toying around with the Tonitrus. Some electric mace that can self boost for more electric damage at the expense of losing durability faster.

This thing is nuts, just rips enemies apart when you use the temporary boost. Just slaughtered the Hemwick Witches with this thing.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
So I've been toying around with the Tonitrus. Some electric mace that can self boost for more electric damage at the expense of losing durability faster.

This thing is nuts, just rips enemies apart when you use the temporary boost. Just slaughtered the Hemwick Witches with this thing.

yup. that's what I beat the game with, and it's why I've been subtley putting down your beloved STRfag weapons ;)

though, you shouldn't use the hemwicks as a measuring stick for much, it's pretty much universally considered the easiest "boss" in the game

DragoFireheart

yup. that's what I beat the game with, and it's why I've been subtley putting down your beloved STRfag weapons ;)

though, you shouldn't use the hemwicks as a measuring stick for much, it's pretty much universally considered the easiest "boss" in the game

Tonitrus can be used with a str build though. There's no need to go arcane for it. I'm using Ludwig's/Tonitrus as they complement each other very well.

While it's true that Hemwicks isn't a good measuring stick for the Tonitrus, being able to quickly deal 1200+ damage with a +6 Tonitrus blew my mind away.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Tonitrus can be used with a str build though. There's no need to go arcane for it. I'm using Ludwig's/Tonitrus as they complement each other very well.

While it's true that Hemwicks isn't a good measuring stick for the Tonitrus, being able to quickly deal 1200+ damage with a +6 Tonitrus blew my mind away.

wot I never said anything about arcane. you just get 25 str and 25 skill and 360noscope everyone with the tonitrus since it scales with both and you start getting diminishing returns after 25.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Phage I thought you were implying an arcane build.

What you said is exactly what I am doing.

My second character is skill/arcane. I picked the profession that gives you 14 arcane, and hoo, let me tell you, that was pretty much just gimping myself until I finally got the Blades of Mercy. On that note, my second character is getting pretty damn far in the game, heh. I think I'll use him for TROPHIES and getting the secret ending.

DragoFireheart

Phage oh that's right, you're also on PS4. Duh. I'm used to assuming that most people here are PC mustard race.

my PSN is Dragofireheart please add me.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Phage oh that's right, you're also on PS4. Duh. I'm used to assuming that most people here are PC mustard race.

I did a search for dragofireheart and nothing came up. I'm honestly fairly new to PSN, does region matter? I'm on NA

DragoFireheart

I did a search for dragofireheart and nothing came up. I'm honestly fairly new to PSN, does region matter? I'm on NA

Odd.

Maybe one of my security settings is too paranoid. The search might be case sensitive.

'Dragofireheart'

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

Odd.

Maybe one of my security settings is too paranoid. The search might be case sensitive.

'Dragofireheart'

Nope. Still nothing.

I'm TrivialData on PSN, north america if that matters.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Damn From trolling, game started super hard and now i'm past father gascoigne and its easier.

DragoFireheart

Phage

Rom was a silly boss once you knew what to do. Stack Arcane defense, get a good weapon, herd the spiders and make a mad dash for the bosses ass and tap the shit out of it.

Just the the random undead boss in the unforeseen village. This shit is tripping me out, Cthulhu everywhere!

Alfons

Prophet
How can someone like Dan Staplefag not feel shame about himself? The man is paid to play games all day and he still sucks at them so much that he can't even understand how to get to bosses in Souls games without spending 15 minutes on it?
How is that weird? Getting paid to do something doesn't necessarily mean you're good at what you're doing, it doesn't even mean the guy isn't shit. All it really shows is that PCgamer has very high standards.:hahano:

DragoFireheart

How can someone like Dan Staplefag not feel shame about himself? The man is paid to play games all day and he still sucks at them so much that he can't even understand how to get to bosses in Souls games without spending 15 minutes on it?
How is that weird? Getting paid to do something doesn't necessarily mean you're good at what you're doing, it doesn't even mean the guy isn't shit. All it really shows is that PCgamer has very high standards.:hahano:

In the real world if you do your job too poorly for too long you get fired and replaced with someone better and/or cheaper.

Then again, this is the video game industry where the employees of this journalist sites act like they're god damn royalty and expected to be treated as such.

DragoFireheart

So I just beat the final boss. Took me three attempts (and a lot of bullets/vials).

If you can't parry yer gonna be buttraped.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Phage

Rom was a silly boss once you knew what to do. Stack Arcane defense, get a good weapon, herd the spiders and make a mad dash for the bosses ass and tap the shit out of it.

Just the the random undead boss in the unforeseen village. This shit is tripping me out, Cthulhu everywhere!

Welcome to the real Bloodborne. :cool:

My Hunter's Workshop is on fire no why is it burning!?

You're at the very end of the game if you haven't finished it already

DragoFireheart

So I just beat the final boss. Took me three attempts (and a lot of bullets/vials).

He thinks that's the true final boss :smug:

The real final boss was a joke. I used 3 blood vials and ran out but still beat him. I used 20 or so for the previous guy cause I kept running out of bullets/getting hit, lol.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

He thinks that's the true final boss :smug:

The real final boss was a joke. I used 3 blood vials and ran out but still beat him. I used 20 or so for the previous guy cause I kept running out of bullets/getting hit, lol.

I'm referring to Moon Presence as the true final boss. I didn't actually get to fight it because I didn't use any guides or the likes when I played through the game

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom