Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
yeah. I know they are weak in the back. But do that for all 3 rounds?

I don't know how to herd them I guess. 30 spiders all around if I don't try to kill the little bastards.

Zep--

That's why I recommend killing them. You need to physically walk behind the spiders in a circular motion, unless they lunge, in which case you roll on sight.

Yes. You can either take it slow, kill them, then fight the relatively benign Rom alone, or you can just bumrush him and dodge the spiders at the same time. Your call.

Aight...i guess i try that tomorrow...burnt out on that fucker for today.

Zep--

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Ok, so I'm trying to beat Darkbeast Paarl at level 24. Have about 14 vitality. Any suggestions? I can't seem to dodge towards his claws and underneath him reliably and his lightning nova one-shots me (thought I heard if you stay close to it the damage is less).

Phage my +6 fire Ludwig is doing more damage than the +6 normal version even though it shows lower damage in the char screen. Fire paper evens the damage (about 360 with a charged R2). Using the bag guys as a test.

Also, arcane seems to give +4 for a level up, while str or skill gives +3.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
Phage my +6 fire Ludwig is doing more damage than the +6 normal version even though it shows lower damage in the char screen. Fire paper evens the damage (about 360 with a charged R2). Using the bag guys as a test.

Also, arcane seems to give +4 for a level up, while str or skill gives +3.

If the numbers for the physical attack is actually higher, then this would mean that the enemies you're facing are weak to fire. A lot of enemies are weak to fire in the game, so there's that.

And yes, the arcane scaling on ludwig's is higher (at plus 10 it's B/B/A) but my point was that if you end up having, say, 50 in both STR/Sill due to an extreme lategame build or something, it's going to deal more damage than 50 in only arcane.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
So, apparently there is somekind of level scaling in Bloodborne, in the form of...

Insight.

15 seems to be the (first maybe?) threshold, as the game became way harder when I was abducted to Unseen Village, after I killed Blood Starved Beast.

Tomorrow I'll test whether this is permanent or there is a way back (if not, I may start over, this is turning to be masochistic).

Castanova

Prophet

Zep--

For me, the key was starting out defensive in the fight and then getting really aggressive at a certain point.

First phase:
I cleared out all the spiders since imo there's no reason not to besides impatience. With a bit of practice you can clear them all out in like two minutes. Then I figured out how to do the most damage to Rom without getting him to teleport. Then I let my stamina refill and went ham on him until he disappeared.

Second phase:
For this phase it's a mix of defensive / offensive. I only kill spiders here opportunistically. I.e., there's no clear path to Rom and there's one or two spiders separated from the pack. I try to stay as close to Rom as possible to bait out his AoE attacks. After each AoE attack, I immediately run in and hit him ~2 times and back off. If he does the rain attack I just roll around and hope for the best. Usually you only get hit once and you can just heal after.

Third phase:
Pure aggression. I run like a madman at him from one side to try to draw the spiders over. Then I dash to the other side, activate Bolt Paper, and go ham on Rom's body. Back off after like 5 hits or something. After the second session of going ham on his body, he died.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
After going balls deep into chalice dungeons, things were just getting too rough for my pansy skill weapons. I've... I've...

Joined the Ludwig's Master Race

:negative:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
So, apparently there is somekind of level scaling in Bloodborne, in the form of...

Insight.

15 seems to be the (first maybe?) threshold, as the game became way harder when I was abducted to Unseen Village, after I killed Blood Starved Beast.

Tomorrow I'll test whether this is permanent or there is a way back (if not, I may start over, this is turning to be masochistic).

I just want to point out that insight doesn't actually increase difficulty nearly as much as people think it does. Enemies get new moves at certain thresholds, but all tests indicate that's all having insight does EXCEPT some people are claiming that holding 99 insight gives them more health. However, I have hit 99 insight from doing a shitton of chalice dungeons, and I did not notice a difference.

In short - no, the game doesn't actually get that much harder for insight.

The reason why your game suddenly became "masochistic" is because Unseen Village is a late game area, and being there this early is entirely optional. Just leave it honestly unless you want to get a lot of easy echoes for that part of the game.

DragoFireheart

Just leave it honestly unless you want to get a lot of easy echoes for that part of the game.

But I want to beat Darkbeast Paarl at level 23 (14 vit) with my +6 Ludwig's!

Have you used the tool A Call Beyond?

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

Phage Not sure if I want to level too high and be out of reach of whatever the community decides.

Not that I mind making more characters. The skill weapons are probably better for PvP anyways. Ludwig's is ok for fighting other players but it's not amazing.

EDIT:

Last edited:

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
DragoFireheart +10 Ludwig's at 50 str / 50 skill with 2 +20.3% physical damage gems and a +12.6% physical damage gem = ITZ HEAVEN

attack rating = 768 lol

DragoFireheart

DragoFireheart +10 Ludwig's at 50 str / 50 skill with 2 +20.3% physical damage gems and a +12.6% physical damage gem = ITZ HEAVEN

attack rating = 768 lol

What soul level are you?

Have you used the Beast Claws?

What other weapons do you like besides Lud-Win Holy Blade?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
The hunt is over boys. Time for Phage to retire for a bit (at least until the next big patch or DLC)

xNXi3ai.jpg

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

Welp...held out for 2 summon peeps. They knew what they were doing. Kill spiders then go in each time. Easier to miss the missles with 3 people. Way easier when 1 peep stood close and baited that AOE while the 2 of us killed spiders not having to worry about the missles coming at us.

Still...I spent all afternoon on it again..but finally that big meal worm looking bastard is down.

Zep--

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

attack rating = 768 lol

What soul level are you?

Have you used the Beast Claws?

What other weapons do you like besides Lud-Win Holy Blade?

I ended up at exactly level 150. Ended up leveling a lot because Chalices depth 4+ are essentially NG+/NG++ level, so it wouldn't be uncommon for me to get about 60k souls from clearing out a single room or something stupid like that. At one point, I also stacked all three "Lake" runes which gives an extra 60% to soul gain combined, lol. I also got stupidly mad at the Defiled Chalice, which was probably one of the hardest things I've ever dealt with in a vidya.

throughout both characters, I have extensively used:

Char 1:
- Saw Spear
- Kirkhammer
- Tonitrus

Char 2:
- Threaded Cane
- Blades of Mercy
- Burial Blade
- Ludwig's Holy Blade.

I have equipped and tried out all of the other weapons, except for the bloodtinge heavy ones (rifle spear, reitcherthing, etc) as I haven't done a bloodtinge build at all. The beast claw is interesting, but in PvE, having range that short will end up being really tough against some of the later chalice bosses.

I can tell you that of those, Ludwig's is just a stupid fucking weapon, at least in PVE. It's literally the Baldur Straight Sword that transforms into the Claymore from Dark Souls - 2 top, top tier weapons. On top of that, it scales well off of both STR/SKL so endgame it ends up just dealing so much damage. Even the S in BoM's SKL scaling just wasn't enough to outweigh the sheer amount of power a 50/50 Ludwig's ends up with. Then on top of doing more base damage, you can further enchant it with shell/paper. Herp. Honestly, I would not be surprised if FROM nerfs Ludwig's since they love to BALANCE stuff randomly.

I don't know about PVP and what weapons are good there, and frankly don't care about it at this point - especially with the minus percent health to invaders in place, and healing vials being as ridiculous as they are (parrying them is pretty damn hard in practice). Maybe a big patch or DLC will make PvP seem appealing.

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

Phage I'll be rip shit if From nerfs my Holy Blade.

They really need to fix the multiplayer. Even in the other souls games I didn't have this many problems connecting to people. Must have been an after thought or something.

Oh and I just beat Dark Beast Paarl at level 24!

EDIT: And the low-level griefing begins:

Last edited:

DragoFireheart

I still don't get why people are struggling with Rom.

I took two attempts. I keep hearing how some people die and die again, begging for help, rage quitting hard. He's become quite infamous, yet he was almost forgetful to me. Did I just get lucky with the spiders or something?

Phage

Arcane
Manlet

I took two attempts. I keep hearing how some people die and die again, begging for help, rage quitting hard. He's become quite infamous, yet he was almost forgetful to me. Did I just get lucky with the spiders or something?

No, I've beaten him twice in the main game and once in the chalice. Never had a real issue with him. Although, I did it slow and steady.

DragoFireheart

No, I've beaten him twice in the main game and once in the chalice. Never had a real issue with him. Although, I did it slow and steady.

See, I did the complete opposite of you. I herded the spiders away and made the mad dash to him.

I don't get it.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
That's why you just kill them, take it slow, and beat him in the first/second try ;)

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
There is a bug that makes the spiders you killed come back after bug bastard teleports. So if he teleports, you now have the bugs you just killed plus the new bugs...if he teleports again same thing. I've also seen maybe leaving 5 bugs and hitting til he teleports, now you got 5 bugs, plus a fresh batch of bugs you just killed not minus the 5 you left alive (another full group), plus the new teleport bugs.

I've also freshly spawned in and there are 2 groups of bugs already, one set where he last telelported and the usual ones around him.

Zep--

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
There is a bug that makes the spiders you killed come back after bug bastard teleports. So if he teleports, you now have the bugs you just killed plus the new bugs...if he teleports again same thing. I've also seen maybe leaving 5 bugs and hitting til he teleports, now you got 5 bugs, plus a fresh batch of bugs you just killed not minus the 5 you left alive (another full group), plus the new teleport bugs.

I've also freshly spawned in and there are 2 groups of bugs already, one set where he last telelported and the usual ones around him.

Zep--

Never seen that bug, strange. You sure he didn't simply summon a couple extras each wave?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom