Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Blood Bowl Season 4

Who should run the league?

• Potato

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Finn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Moss

Educated
Thanks to Toastboy for what, in my opinion, was an excellent and well-played match. A lot of fun goblin and Ogre nonsense going on in this one.

replay

Moss

Educated
Match Report

It's a clear winter afternoon for a matchup between two oddball teams, the Goblin Great Minds and the Ogre Alpha Brotocol. After a season of devastating injuries, Moss' troll-less Goblins enter the pitch with the help of two star mercenaries - Ripper and Morg N Thorg.

The Ogres start the match kicking to the Goblins when BAM - Blitz! After a relatively benign pushback, the first half begins...

After a botched pickup by the Pogoer, the Gobbos get to work. Morg, Ripper and the Fanatic march their way up the field, knocking down Ogres as they go. Dawkins the Looney chops down two Snotlings with his chainsaw before BRO lowers the boom and send him to the sidelines. Every goblin move has to be full of care due to the presence of four Break Tackle Ogres waiting to exploit any opening.

The Ogres injure two goblins to even the score, and the Pogoer breaks first left, then right, trying to find any path through the excellent Ogre defense. Things get messy as Bronrad Marburg smashes the Pogoer and goblins start to scramble for the ball. A goblin picks it up.... and weaves his way into the end zone for a turn 7 score!

1-0 Great Minds.

With only two Ogre turns left in the first half, the goblins sit back, confident that the first half was a huge success. A mispositioned Snotling only compounds the futility of any Ogre attempt to score. On turn 7, the Ogres move into position for one crazy heroic effort to toss a Snotling into a position to score. They also experience their first Bonehead of the first half. The final two turns are set to play out without event, but Nuffle had other plans...

The goblins maneuver into positions to foil the hopeless Ogres. Morg knocks down one Ogre while Ripper rushes the passer. The Bombardier lofts a flaming shell into a crowd and BOOM!, down go two Ogres, one to the hospital. The Ogres in their last ditch effort knock down Ripper to free up the passer. The ball gets handed to a Snotling who get picked up, and tossed safely towards the goal line! He squeezes through a maze of goblins, and scores on turn 8 to close out the half. Toastboy's decision to kick off to start the half is now genius.

1-1 tie going into the second half.

The goblins kick off to the Ogres to start the half, and sensing weakness, the crowd smashes a goblin in the head with a rock. The ogres surround the ball, but the goblins are right behind and Morg smashes his way to within a couple squares of the ball. Probably intimidated by his fearsome presence, an Ogre tries to throw the ball carrier free of harm's way, but he lands on another snotling instead and both are knocked out!

A ray of hope shines on the goblins as they surround the dropped ball and the Pogoer recovers it. The next six turns are less exciting, as the agile goblins just play keep away and manage to get the TD to close out the half.

Final Score 2-1 Great Minds

Thanks again to Toast for a fun match

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
:salute:

It's nice to read the reports even if I'm not in the league anymore. I'll always remember my match against Toastboy, his Ogre throwing his teammate who scored an ultra-fast touchdown and me having great luck in the end :D

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
We now have around 24 hours left to play our matches in MD #8, although I'm willing to extend this to evening of 27th if someone requests that. If not, I'll rollover tomorrow afternoon.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The two remaining matches have been admined to 1-1 draws.

Matchday has been moved forward. I will update the first post sometime later.

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
place them into your my documents/bble/saves/replays folder, and then load in single player -> load game -> replays.

when can you play Deso?

desocupado

Magister
hoverdog said:
place them into your my documents/bble/saves/replays folder, and then load in single player -> load game -> replays.

when can you play Deso?

Uh, tuesday, wednesday and thursday. Catch me on the steam group.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Match validated.
Undead Phoenix, when can You play? I'm free on afternoons, after 5 p.m. GMT+1 (but can't start later than 8 p.m.), except on Thursday (can start later) and Friday (holiday here, so I'm free all day).

Afternoons should be fine with me. Will try to get on Steam more often for the quick catch.

Disappointed about missing the last two games, and how the season has gone all in all - but been looking forward to our match for ages. Should be a brawl.

Dead State Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Dearest Ninja-bro, I can get up early tomorrow and the day after that. Around 6am which should be 11pm for you. I hope that's possible for you. If not, please send me a message or reply in this thread.

EDIT: Nevermind, I can't play tomorrow(Jan 5th, my time).

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Phoenix and I faced against each other in a very tight match, resulting in 1 TD scored only and a handful of casualties.
He won.

I would like to request that remaining players post their arranged matches schedule until Friday midnight, and play them until the end of the week. I will be moving the matchday forward on Monday, 9th, around 8 p.m. GMT+1. Or earlier if all matches scheduled here have been played.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Match validated.

I'm not sure about the seeding in playoffs, so nothing can be said for certain about the semi-finals pairs.

Moss

Educated
Vamps, I can play fri eve, sat afternoon or evenings starting Tue - this is MST (-7)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom