Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Bethesda to offer free download of The Elder Scrolls: Arena

Seven

Erudite
Exitium said:
I don't mean to be insulting. You know that, right?

I don't think that any of us mean to be insulting; it's just that they're tossing a lot of things that are ambiguous, and open to a lot of opinions or no opinions (depending on your opinion). I suppose we could all just calm down and take things as they come (I myself prefer to be a little more proactive in my critisisms though).

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
As a matter of fact, you have gone far far away in your OFF-TOPIC. And there was poor Briosfreak who wanted to have some feedback about that Arena or Daggerfall thingie [dont distinguish them, really] and you just ignored the last ONTOPIC post :).

Speaking of Daggerfall or Arena [as I said, I do not distinguesh them because of some reasons and dont remeber anymore] the world was laaaaarge, but hell, it was like playing against random number generator. And that I dont like, because there is human touch lacking. Soon enough it gets boring. I started game excited, the first dungeon I managed to get through just hoping that outside there will be great world with many towns and quests. Unluckily, there was big world outside with uncountable number of quests/towns and NPCs that all seemed me butaforical and the main plot-line was kinda ..boring.. anyways, I just stopped playing THAT thing because I got impression it wil never end and playing against pure computer is silly as silly it can get.

Avin

Liturgist
briosafreak,

daggerfall is very nice in therms of character creation. i like the world. i like the custom spells...

BUT

there is a lot of bugs and, sometimes, if you don't go to the right place in the right time is pratically impossible to finish the game.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Avin said:
, sometimes, if you don't go to the right place in the right time is pratically impossible to finish the game.
Really? I haven't heard about such problems. Can you elaborate?
You aren't talking about Queen Mynisera's Letter quest? I think that the bug in this mission (I only met it once) was not connected to the PC going anywhere anytime.

Avin

Liturgist
yep, i was reffering to it. maybe my memory is betraying me (haven't played this game for years now) but if you miss the chance of talking to her in some time you missed it completely.

nevermind, buggerfall deserves its place in heaven of the games for allowing me to levitate and walk with my horse in house's roofs :D

(reminds me of a time when a couple of friends and i get the only save of a player that was playing in a house of one of them ... well, we get him naked, punch some city guards and make him climb a roof when the sun was raising... and he was a vampire hehehe... then we saved...)

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Avin said:
nevermind, buggerfall deserves its place in heaven of the games for allowing me to levitate and walk with my horse in house's roofs :D
Damn right. That was also one of my favourite things to do; iirc I levitated with the whole cart :D .
I also liked having Spell Reflection at 100 and seeing Ancient Liches blasting themselves to death.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom