Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Bethesda to offer free download of The Elder Scrolls: Arena

Whipporowill

Erudite
Volourn is biased!

Don't let the troll (and no, not you Ted) start up the bias vs opinion debate again... geez.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Role-Player said:
That's interesting, because not only Spazboy is one of the better staff members, there's little to no reason why the above should be taken as representative of his ability to be a news reporter, given the use of profanity and the ability to report news in an unbiased way are unrelated.

Keep in mind that Nerwhatever is most likely one of those fantasy gamers. They have the ability to jerk off to half naked elves in D&D manuals, but profanity scares them.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"They have the ability to jerk off to half naked elves in D&D manuals,"

Mmm... half naked elves...

"profanity scares them."

Nope.. Profanity turns me on more than nakedness does...

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Nigedo said:
Moreover, if you reflect the standard of news reporters for this site, then the sooner it dies the better for the whole Net community.
Who the fuck are you to decide what's better "for the whole Net community"? Don't like the site, get the fuck out, simple as that.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Who the fuck are you to decide what's better "for the whole Net community"?"

Yeah, because the 'Codex never does that. LOL

"Don't like the site, get the fuck out, simple as that."

Please don't pull that STFU card when someone posts something you disagree with.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Jesus Fucking Christ, everyone disagrees with me lately. Oh well, more people to flame...

Volourn said:
"Who the fuck are you to decide what's better "for the whole Net community"?"

Yeah, because the 'Codex never does that. LOL
Does what? Decides what's better for the whole Net community? When and where?

"Don't like the site, get the fuck out, simple as that."

Please don't pull that STFU card when someone posts something you disagree with.
Disagree with what? "I hope that you site dies quickly"? Was that an argument? A position? A point of view? It was an idiotic remark that completely deserved the answer I gave. People who register to say "your site sucks" are not doing that to start a meaningful discussion.

Btw, I thought that profanity turned you on. :wink:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Jesus Fucking Christ"

Jesus fucked Christ? Wow, I knew he's God; but that's impressive even for him! And, gross at the same time...

"Does what? Decides what's better for the whole Net community? When and where?"

All the time, and everywhere. Afterall, 'Codex has a habit of saying if only X reviewer did a better job everyone would be better off or if Y developer would justc rash and burn better games would be made. Etc,., etc.

"People who register to say "your site sucks" are not doing that to start a meaningful discussion."

Probably not; but it is a position, and point of view. It's also an argument though one that needs some points to back it up.

"I thought that profanity turned you on"

It does which is why I replied to you. LOL And, why i'm enjoying the New RPGCodex tm. immensely. :lol:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Volourn said:
Afterall, 'Codex has a habit of saying if only X reviewer did a better job everyone would be better off or if Y developer would justc rash and burn better games would be made. Etc,., etc.
I thought that we always made it clear that these are the features for the hardcore audience and bitched that morons aka the majority of "the whole Net community" is too stupid to care. So, no mis-representation here.

Probably not; but it is a position, and point of view. It's also an argument though one that needs some points to back it up.
I see. Well, in that case my "get the fuck out" was also an argument that needs some points to present it better and more convincingly

why i'm enjoying the New RPGCodex tm. immensely. :lol:
The new Codex?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Have you NOT the noticed the change? The 'Codex has always been in your face; but now it's like everyone is on "super shit in my cornflakes, hey" drugs. :twisted:

Vault Dweller

Developer
Unfortunately, I did. Reminds me of many other forums and the reasons I never wanted to join them. Oh well, things change, and I can always take my own advice (see above).

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Who the fuck are you to decide what's better "for the whole Net community"? Don't like the site, get the fuck out, simple as that.
Go shove it up your ass, you hypocrite.

By the way, as much as I am an atheist, taking the Lord's name in vein like that (e.g. Jesus fucking christ) is completely unnecessary and seems to serve only as 'shock content' like the majority of your posts. Remove the shock content and all you're left are a bunch of hollow, unconnected subjects.

Surlent

Liturgist
Well this topic if anything has proven Codex is far from biased.

I wouldn't want to think what would happen if it suddenly reached some concensus for example about NWN2.
Feargie in his next interview would went: "I slam dunked Codex in the ass, oh yea, even da scurvy FO fans. They're my bitches now." :wink:

Whippo said:
Role-Player said:
Come now, everyone knows we're biased here, specially in regards to St. Timmy!
Didn't you hear he left the gaming biz? Sheesh, where have you been lately?
Not Tim Cain ?

Briosafreak

Augur
So shall i play arena or not? I have it on CD and i remember playing it a long time ago, but i don`t remember the details of it, wich isn`t a good sign i guess...

Vault Dweller

Developer
Exitium said:
Vault Dweller said:
Go shove it up your ass, you hypocrite.
Exitium strikes again! Everewhere I post, he's there to make an insulting comment like some fucked up internet Batman. I already explained my position on that to Volourn above, so go read it if you care.

By the way, as much as I am an atheist, taking the Lord's name in vein like that (e.g. Jesus fucking christ) is completely unnecessary and seems to serve only as 'shock content' like the majority of your posts. Remove the shock content and all you're left are a bunch of hollow, unconnected subjects.
You mean like your posts?

Seven

Erudite
Exitium strikes again! Everewhere I post, he's there to make an insulting comment like some fucked up internet Batman

Yeah, I know he's becoming a real crotch biter. I don't mind having a discussion with some one who has an actual point or stake in the argument. All he does is: pop in, hurl an insult, rant about the injustices being visited upon Bethesda, and then make non-contextual comparisons to Troika. It's just absurd; it reminds me of that phrase he went through when his post count was low, so he'd just make multiple consecutive posts.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Vault Dweller said:
Exitium strikes again! Everewhere I post, he's there to make an insulting comment like some fucked up internet Batman.

That's it. I've had it with you. You went off the deep end. One thing is to insult a random videogame company PR, but insulting the grandiose memory of Batman is going way overboard. Prepare to feel my wrath! :lol:

Whipporowill

Erudite
Surlent said:
Well this topic if anything has proven Codex is far from biased.

I wouldn't want to think what would happen if it suddenly reached some concensus for example about NWN2.
Feargie in his next interview would went: "I slam dunked Codex in the ass, oh yea, even da scurvy FO fans. They're my bitches now." :wink:

Whippo said:
Role-Player said:
Come now, everyone knows we're biased here, specially in regards to St. Timmy!
Didn't you hear he left the gaming biz? Sheesh, where have you been lately?
Not Tim Cain ?

And old joke Tim made. Seriously funny stuff. Google Tim Cain and listen to his songs for a laugh - and sanity loss.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
I don't mean to be insulting. You know that, right?

Its... its the keyboard, you see? When I'm alone, it whispers... tells me what to do... the keys shine and guide me trough what they want me to write.... I'm just their slave!

Surlent

Liturgist
Whipporowill said:
And old joke Tim made. Seriously funny stuff. Google Tim Cain and listen to his songs for a laugh - and sanity loss.
Is this the right man ?
http://www.timcain.com/
The music is, uh well, original or something beyond my sanity at least.

So they have same names ? They can't be the same man ? Right ? Not 'real' Tim Cain has left Troika ? Say so ? Please ? Seriously ? :?

Surlent

Liturgist
Great stuff. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom