Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Bethesda developer on the FO fans reaction

elander_

Arbiter
Briosafreak said:
elander those words from the Beth guy were from two years ago, on a diferent context.

Hmmm but i wonder what he would say now?

Fuck! Thread necromancy.

Anyway after seeing Pete brilliant marketing misinformation tactics in action with Oblivion i don't think nothing much was changed. We will see.

Stephen Amber

Novice
NMA

Odd that this guy would read NMA but not Codex, as if they are treated any better over there. Actually, they're probably treated worse over there given roshambo's unique writing skills.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Sheriff05 said:
adolescent ass kissing MMORPG players

i shouted at my computer for 3 minutes, the words couldnt come out, whenever i tried to inhale I only made gurgling sounds, my eyes went bloodshot,and i passed out from suffocation.

i have never read anything on the internet that is directly responsible for my brain cells dying.

so i say this to you:
THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE WHO PLAY PRE-TRAMMEL UO, SHADOWBANE, AND NOT ALL WOW PLAYERS ARE DUMBFUCKS JUST YOU DIPSHIT!!!

Foamhead

Educated
Nutcracker said:
Transcendent One said:
The fanbase hates the dev and doesn't want the game being developed by them.

And you wonder why this is the case?

gallery_2063_3_17264.jpg

MetalCraze

Arcane
Bethesda Dev said:
I find it fascinating that so many people simply assume we're going to re-texture Morrowind, change a few lines of dialogue, and release a new game. Aside from the fact that I've already said we recognize that the Fallout world is one QUITE different from the Elder Scrolls, I know all too well where Morrowind fell short, and I assure you that we're quite capable of learning from it.

with what we got 4 years after it just sounds so... HAHAHAHA

mondblut

Arcane
If Failure 3 was re-textured Morrowind, it would at least possess SOME redeeming qualities.

But re-textured Oblivion is quite a different beast altogether.

VonVentrue

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
skyway said:
Bethesda Dev said:
I find it fascinating that so many people simply assume we're going to re-texture Morrowind, change a few lines of dialogue, and release a new game. Aside from the fact that I've already said we recognize that the Fallout world is one QUITE different from the Elder Scrolls, I know all too well where Morrowind fell short, and I assure you that we're quite capable of learning from it.

with what we got 4 years after it just sounds so... HAHAHAHA

Which makes statements like this one fairly hilarious:

errorcode said:
for fucks sake, give the guys a chance.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
KurtH said:
Read this:
Vault Dweller said:
To the folks asking us to not make Fallout just like Morrowind:
Gee, thanks. We never would've thought of that, had you not mentioned it. I was already writing up design docs that included entire plot lines about cliffracers; I guess maybe now I'll get rid of those, thanks to your quick thinking.
then this:
http://www.videogamer.com/features/arti ... 528-3.html

The primary advantage of owning a house is that you have a free bed to sleep in: getting a decent night's kip restores your health and makes you "well rested" - a temporary status which increases the amount of experience points you earn.
Oh, yay. Learning from MMOs.

Your pad also comes with a posh robot butler who can restyle your hair and serve you purified water - a healing item that also fetches a fairly decent price with Wasteland's traders.
So much for having to deal with irradiated water. No, you get a source of clean water in a town right outside your vault, not to mention a source of income.
Life in the wasteland is soooo tough - unless you have a robot butler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom