Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Having a different opinion and other priorities than CINEMATIC EXPERIANCE in your games means that you ruin the fun for everyone with your elitist ways.

Good job, RPS posters. :salute:

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Mangoose said:
Ed123 said:
Sabrage said:
You know what? I do hate RPGs.

And that's ok, because I still get to have more fun than you.

This guy has the right idea.
I heard sniffing glue is fun, too. Unfortunately I don't do it since I'm elitist. I'm so sad that you get to have more fun than me.
Fuck you, did you know you can get brian damage by playing handegg too? Did you you fucking close-minded american? Your hobbies are no better than mine, down with the elitism.

Also, Wizardry writing style sounds like Vrian D. Mitsoda, but apparently they're not all the same person

Oriebam

Hatman. Please, stop derailing the thread. Stay on topic.

On the subject of Wizardry... it isn't his opinions that people, at least myself, object to. It's the way he puts those opinions across, somewhat condescendingly and repeatedly.

Oh for the love of...

This is a thread about Skyrim. Talk about Skyrim. Nobody cares about the same bloody conversation about bloody 1980s RPGs that happens every single time anyone mentions a game made in the last 15 years, or why so many people are tired of exactly that. Move on, please. Either talk about Skyrim in here, or have your tedious shoving match somewhere else.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, if I was depressed I'd say this thread just cured me, I haven't felt this good in decades man. Decades. I need some moar nectar.

Are those guys at least moderators? Do they even read Wizardry's posts? Why are they speaking for everyone? Why don't they complain about circlejerk? They don't even bother proving what they're saying

It's like they're constantly finding excuses to deny the holocaust there but then there's a persistent asshole who insists on saying it happened and people are pissed off because he's repeating himself despite everyon constantly bringing it up

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Be gentle. It's harsh when cognitive dissonance starts to break up. One first-ever play of Torment (or QFG, or Jagged Alliance 2), then Skyrimming.

They fight it, but they know it to be true. They're eating shit and calling it good.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Kieron Gillen says:02/01/2008 at 16:39

Twb: You remind me to add the ETA to it. It’s a done-when-it’s-done thing, but is probably around Fall.

Ahhh.... the always consistent AoD release date...

:D

MetalCraze

Arcane
First they took on Team Gizka...
It was a small fish but it was a beginning.

Then they took on DAC.
It was same trolls as in this cesspool so it was a good training

Then they took on RPG Watch
And RPG Watch cried with horror

ARE THEY BAD ENOUGH DUDES TO TAKE ON RPS?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
On the subject of Wizardry... it isn't his opinions that people, at least myself, object to. It's the way he puts those opinions across, somewhat condescendingly and repeatedly.
:lol:
So easily offended by mere written words.

When will sheeple realize that being offended is a voluntary reaction? You really have to choose to be offended by the written word, because it's not like someone's physically yelling hate speech in your ear.

These sheeple will never know how to make logical debates, because the first fucking thing they do is make the conflict personal instead of focusing on the argument itself.

Are those guys at least moderators? Why are they speaking for everyone?
Of course they're not mods. They're the typical suck-up wannabe mods that populate mainstream forums. Bunch of attention whores.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Funny how some of the posters at RPS mention the need for voice acting and linear story gets in the way of open ended games with thousands of NPCs and multiple solutions to problems. And then they reach the conclusion that open ended games with thousands of NPCs and multiple solutions are bad 'cause such games may not end up being an interactive movie. :roll:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
octavius said:
Funny how some of the posters at RPS mention the need for voice acting and linear story gets in the way of open ended games with thousands of NPCs and multiple solutions to problems. And then they reach the conclusion that open ended games with thousands of NPCs and multiple solutions are bad 'cause such games may not end up being an interactive movie. :roll:
I don't understand how they can tolerate Skyrim not being an interactive movie.

Oriebam

There are levels of "sheeplessness", just because we're much(much) above them it doesn't mean we're not sheeple, be more humble man. They may be a bunch of bitches now, but that doesn't mean they can't get better.

What would master Cleveland Mark Blakemore do, man? that's what I'm saying, you dig?

hoopy

Savant
Mangoose said:
These sheeple will never know how to make logical debates, because the first fucking thing they do is make the conflict personal instead of focusing on the argument itself.
You can take things personally and still focus on the argument, but what these RPS guys do is ignore the topic and start arguing about the person they're supposed to be arguing against. Faux-politeness is the most important thing, so a circle jerk is preferable to an argument.

Wizardry said:
I'm the person least at fault here. Have you realised that whatever I post gets commented on repeatedly for an entire page or more? I enter a thread, post my thoughts, and then 100 people take issue with it and bitch about how I live in the 80s or how I hate all games made after the 17th century. It's not my fault. I can't stop people from responding with these juvenile replies. Even when I disappear for a day it still continues. There was one thread in which people were talking about me over a week after I last posted in it.
Well that's nothing, Mr. Wizardry. I once made such a splash on a forum that they were arguing about me in threads I hadn't even read yet, let alone posted in.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Mangoose said:
octavius said:
I don't understand how they can tolerate Skyrim not being an interactive movie.

Well, they do have the quest compass to tell them where to go...

Erzherzog

Magister
Dear lord RPS's butthurt is the most delicious thing ever.

What I particularly love is the guy that complained about elitism AND complained about the use of the word fag in the same fagging sentence.

hoopy

Savant
RPS: Are games bad these days or have I just grown up?
Optical media, after a shaky start, gave us vastly more complex games than the cartridge or floppy disk could ever hold. Gamers got more savvy, and more demanding. [...] PC games stopped evolving. In fact, they started moving backwards, in a desperate attempt to meet console gaming.
That's why, in terms of the evolution of consoles games, there hasn't really been any great shake up. The technology, the gameplay and the gamers themselves have been getting steadily more and more complex and demanding over the years. If you were to plot a graph, if would be a steady upward line.

PC games, on the other hand, if plotted to a graph, would see a steady upward line, which at some point in the early/mid 2000's would see a massive crash, then a slow rise again.
Are video games bad these days!?

Of course not. I think people are going to look back at this time as a golden age of gaming.

You've got blinkers on if you think that consoles are dumbing down gaming or that nothing good in the FPS genre is coming out.
:retarded:

MetalCraze

Arcane
OK I was wrong. Many on the Codex may enjoy a lot of dumbed down games but in no way even the conoletarded of the most consoletarded codexer is even close to fags infesting RPS.

Oriebam

bitches know about our
thegooseking said:
Priming effect. Being exposed to negativity about a game reduces one's enjoyment of said title. It's science.
fun fact: the quoted poster also has a pony avatar

MMXI

Arcane
M4BE1R0 said:
bitches know about our
thegooseking said:
Priming effect. Being exposed to negativity about a game reduces one's enjoyment of said title. It's science.
fun fact: the quoted poster also has a pony avatar
Does this mean that if we invade RPS and spew negativity about every single game, we'll turn PC gamers off PC games and destroy PC gaming for good? Sounds like a plan!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
thegooseking said:
I don't see Twilight fans complaining that other people are being negative and ruining their enjoyment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom