Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

He'd probably challenge you to a game of Magic the Gathering.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
random rpsfag said:
The people on RPG Codex thought you two were going too far. TAKE THE FUCKING HINT.
Actually, it's exactly the opposite. Keep fighting the good fight guys.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Sacculina said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?1876-Shall-we-talk-about-Skyrim&p=54114&viewfull=1#post54114

Okami said:
Nalano said:
Apparently RPG Codex keeps tabs on their own.
My life's plan is to become the richest person in the world. With that money I'll find out the real life identity and adress of each and every person on rpg codex, go to their homes and punch them in the face.
Power Word RPGCodex
Effect: Instantaneous overwhelming critical butthurt
Remember: we're the angry, uncivilised ones.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Ed123 said:
Rock Paper Shotgun said:
Better to kidnap the subject and force them to live in an environment where they harm themselves with their own elitism. The spring-loaded barbed wire-wrapped boxing glove could trigger every time they used the word 'fag' for starters.

HI RPS COMMENTATORS *waves*
Elitism is bad, mkay. Michael Bay is awesome. How DARE Ebert give Transformers 3 only 1 star? Fucking elitist. Don't you know how much money that movie made, and how many people went to see the movie?

Also, Twilight is awesome. Look at it topping all the mainstream bestseller charts! Fucking elitist scum making fun of it all the time.

It's funny how we approve of elitism (AKA critique with respect to high standards) in every single other medium or product. But videogames? Nah.

Oriebam

Mangoose said:
Ed123 said:
Rock Paper Shotgun said:
Better to kidnap the subject and force them to live in an environment where they harm themselves with their own elitism. The spring-loaded barbed wire-wrapped boxing glove could trigger every time they used the word 'fag' for starters.

Elitism is bad, mkay. Michael Bay is awesome. How DARE Ebert give Transformers 3 only 1 star? Fucking elitist. Don't you know how much money that movie made, and how many people went to see the movie?

Also, Twilight is awesome. Look at it topping all the mainstream bestseller charts! Fucking elitist scum making fun of it all the time.

It's funny how we approve of elitism (AKA critique with respect to high standards) in every single other medium or product. But videogames? Nah.
It's because video games are perfectly fine and a matter of taste and you can't judge them objectively or dislike them in any way

see:

FeelTheRads/Unkillable Cat's sig said:
Shit man, you CAN'T judge games. PERIOD.

If you say something about the graphics you're a graphics whore, if you say something about the art-style you're a graphics whore too (because morons can't tell the difference), if you say something about the story you're a story fag, if you say something about the gameplay it means you haven't played the game, if you played the game and still say something about the gameplay it means you haven't played it enough and if you played it enough then it means you fucking like it so stop complaining!

Alternatively if you dislike the New Shit™ you're just rejecting the Innovashun for a variety of irrational and very personal reasons, or comitting Pure Elitism by being in favor of niches instead of the good games made for a wider audience, again for very personal reasons

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Thousands of fanboys would commit suicide if the following were written about their favorite game series:

Michael Bay's "Transformers: Dark of the Moon" is a visually ugly film with an incoherent plot, wooden characters and inane dialog. It provided me with one of the more unpleasant experiences I've had at the movies.

There is more of a plot this time. It is a plot that cannot be described in terms of structure, more in terms of duration. When it stops, it's over.

The framing looks wrong. When you look at enough movies, you develop a sixth sense for what feels correct within the frame. This film seemed too close to its compositions. There was a paucity of head room, feet were nearly cut off, the sides seemed to squeeze. This wasn't dramatic, but I could feel it.

Nothing, however, would have repaired the film's lack of narrative coherence. I have a quaint notion that one of the purposes of editing is to make it clear why one shot follows another, or why several shots occur in the order that they do. "Transformers 3" has long stretches involving careless and illogical assemblies of inelegant shots. One special effect happens, and the another special effect happens, and we are expected to be grateful that we have seen two special effects.
I actually like the movie. But I understand where Ebert's criticism is coming from.

But I guess if I were from RPS I would say...

"What the fuck? Framing? Proper editing? That's totally superficial. All that matters are that the story is epic and the robot fighting is awesome.

"This is how I chose to watch the movie. That's the great thing about it... there is lots of choice and ways to watch it."

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Ed123 said:
Rock Paper Shotgun said:

Jesus fucking Christ, that person wants to physically torture people using a word that he/she doesn't like? That RPS site seems to be full of sadistic sociopaths.

MMXI

Arcane
RPS said:
Someone on rpgcodex.net posted this. And you know what, now that I think about it, they are completely fucking right. Wizardry and others like him are turning this board into complete shit. Your smarmy put downs and overt condescension don't add anything to the discussion, no matter how you try and justify them with pathetic excuses about how it somehow adds to the debate.

It doesn't. You insecure, sad little people do nothing except belittle people for their opinions and scare away posters who might actually contribute something constructive. You all know who you are. I don't know what it is about RPS that attracts self important, arrogant know it alls but either start playing nice or leave before you turn RPS into another bile filled cesspool of a board.
Yes! We are completely right about Wizardry ruining Rock Paper Shotgun!

Oriebam

That faggot(I think it's the same guy, not obsessed enough to go check, sorry) quoted my post and said this :
The people on RPG Codex thought you two were going too far. TAKE THE FUCKING HINT.
Actually, it's exactly the opposite. Keep fighting the good fight guys.
Someone on rpgcodex.net posted this. And you know what, now that I think about it, they are completely fucking right. Wizardry and others like him are turning this board into complete shit. Your smarmy put downs and overt condescension don't add anything to the discussion, no matter how you try and justify them with pathetic excuses about how it somehow adds to the debate.

It doesn't. You insecure, sad little people do nothing except belittle people for their opinions and scare away posters who might actually contribute something constructive. You all know who you are. I don't know what it is about RPS that attracts self important, arrogant know it alls but either start playing nice or leave before you turn RPS into another bile filled cesspool of a board.
NEARING MAXIMUM BUTTHURT
:bravo:

Wizardry doesn't even post here(or if he does he did not tell us) yet he's being mentioned like he was one of us bros, see his response :
Wizardry said:
Do you even read my posts? I've contributed more towards this thread than people like you who constantly feel the need to bitch about different opinions. Have you considered that it's people like you that is ruining the forum and not me?
Don't worry Wizardry, if you're reading this, you're a honorary brodexer in our hearts dunno if that's supposed to be good
herostratus said:
RPS commentators are bitches :M
And whores.

edit: Ninja'd... and some fixes

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
MMXI said:
RPS said:

Yes! We are completely right about Wizardry ruining Rock Paper Shotgun!

How dare he having a different opinion then majority, he is obviously trying to undermine the foundations of the worlds greatest gaming community just for the lulz!

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Why do certain forumers always get self righteous and try to defend their board? It's like they pretend to have authority but they don't. If the RPS mods want to, they can close threads and ban.

I'm still not going to bother visiting RPS, but I bet it's one or two loudmouths "defending" their forum's honor and sanctity. Sick fucks.

How do you "scare away" a poster anyway? :lol: These people take words way too seriously.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
I like how they post that in the same thread as Wizardy made a huge informative post with fucking citations and footnotes to share his love and knowledge of old RPGs with someone. But hey, "constructive" = "repeating the same opinions as everyone else and never saying anything outside the status quo", right?

Oriebam

The irony is overwhelming
icon_lolsuper.gif

Please someone direct BLOBERT to this thread, I feel he can defuse this situation

Oriebam

Mark my words : RPS bitches are going to chicken the fuck out of this childish prestigious inter-forum flamewar, like one of them will give us a long sermon full of fallacies and bullshit and say they won't waste more time with us, this is a bad example but I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about, being the grizzled internet ubermenschen veterans you are

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Ed123 said:
Sabrage said:
You know what? I do hate RPGs.

And that's ok, because I still get to have more fun than you.

This guy has the right idea.
I heard sniffing glue is fun, too. Unfortunately I don't do it since I'm elitist. I'm so sad that you get to have more fun than me.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Admiral jimbob said:
I like how they post that in the same thread as Wizardy made a huge informative post with fucking citations and footnotes to share his love and knowledge of old RPGs with someone. But hey, "constructive" = "repeating the same opinions as everyone else and never saying anything outside the status quo", right?

Quoted for truthz.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I'm detecting some quality sexual tension. The last forum we managed to piss off romance so much was RPGWatch, I think.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom