Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Battle Brothers + Beasts & Exploration, Warriors of the North and Blazing Deserts DLC Thread

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Has anyone here tried a full bandit playthrough? I guess it's almost impossible since you can't buy anything. Or maybe you can survive on taking over caravans. Then again how do you get new men? Guess you need one town as a base of operations that you don't touch.

Maybe there should be bandit-aligned towns? Den of outlaws, that sort of thing.

When you go bandit you get hostile to town and unfriendly to noble house, if you continue you will be hostile to noble house that own them. Just make sure to not attack caravans from cities of other noble houses.
But its counterproductive. Its weaken humans and lock you from part of the map.

Well we can just mod it in-

Oh.

miles teg

Scholar
ragequit.gr reviewed battle brothers and gave it 92/100,calling it "possibly the best indie release this year".:salute:
http://www.ragequit.gr/reviews/item/battle-brothers-english-review-pc

by the moonlight we ride
ten thousand
side by side
April is a bit early to make calls, but it's a though competition this year: thimbleweed park is great, so is Factorio (scheduled for later 2017). I wanted to mention shadow tactics as well, but it was released in dec.2016 so I guess that one is out of the competition (but it's close enough to be a 2017 game :D)

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Still though around 500k-600k euros ain't bad at all for such a small team. That's of course if all the sales after the price raise were at around 30 euros.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

to help get through hump day

That is not the "full original soundtrack".
The actual OST which comes with the game (dunno if all versions have it) has 30 pieces. The one in the vid you posted is missing some of the best ones, too.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
jtbgmt.jpg

Doesn't look like TB's stream on the 9th had much of an effect, at least not outside the steamspy margin of error. Maybe when the WTF video drops.

to help get through hump day

That is not the "full original soundtrack".
The actual OST which comes with the game (dunno if all versions have it) has 30 pieces. The one in the vid you posted is missing some of the best ones, too.

Feel free to post the full OST :love:

My government would kill my dog, ruin my family and throw me in prison immediately over such a grave crime.

Maybe ask a muslim instead, the police will pay (with our tax money) for anything they steal for some reason :D

Have breakdown epiphanies posted the full ost on their bandcamp page yet? I think they meant to. The devs also have a youtube channel. Check those two, you may be in luck.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Isn't this their team: http://battlebrothersgame.com/team/ ?
One programmer, rapsdjff is the real mvp (I keep tagging him to lure him back here)
So...

All along, he was the one responsible for the modding-unfriendly way the game files are set up?

Mhm. Probably too ashamed to come back because of that, eh rapsdjff ? :D

Edit: What do you mean, I'm butthurt? He's the one who's butthurt, because his programming skills can't compete with the amazingly skilled (*cough* *sputter*) devs behind... Mount and Blade dohohohoho

Just kidding rapsdjff. Come back already, we love you

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
RPG Codex did their part, now the game is out there. Tier one and all that :P

Edit:
Actually think they are on vacation if I remember correctly.

Tigranes

Arcane
Day 50 and the Manic Jesters feel comfortable with the basics, actually able to turn a profit on two-skull contracts especially with the noble ones accessible.

(1) Are there any noble contracts besides patrol-headhunt?
(2) I guess the only other thing that changes later is the invasion/war thing?
(3) As my bros get to level 7 and above, what kind of investment is worthwhile? I guess the key thing is armour? Loot drops already give me weapons as good what I can find in shops, but I suppose I'd want some of my frontliners to have better than 110-150 armour. I've neglected fatigue on a lot of bros, sadly.
(4) Still don't feel like running reserves is hugely beneficial, but I think I'll hit that point very soon in terms of money flow and levels.

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
Yes,orc-goblin hunting
Yes
I personally don't fight orcs without my front line equipped with the 210 HP armors and above
Reserves are good to save money from healing injuries on temples,also if you loose some vet bros it won't be that cripling with some trained reserves.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Day 50 and the Manic Jesters feel comfortable with the basics, actually able to turn a profit on two-skull contracts especially with the noble ones accessible.

(1) Are there any noble contracts besides patrol-headhunt?
(2) I guess the only other thing that changes later is the invasion/war thing?
(3) As my bros get to level 7 and above, what kind of investment is worthwhile? I guess the key thing is armour? Loot drops already give me weapons as good what I can find in shops, but I suppose I'd want some of my frontliners to have better than 110-150 armour. I've neglected fatigue on a lot of bros, sadly.
(4) Still don't feel like running reserves is hugely beneficial, but I think I'll hit that point very soon in terms of money flow and levels.

I don't use reserves much either. Does mean more downtime between fights/contracts sometimes and especially bad if you have to do a late-game settlement defense or castle siege quest (multiple, possibly hard fights in a row) or the other big endgame crisis quests.
Best to have a few reserves by then.

Neglecting fatigue is going to come back to bite you depending on how much you've neglected it... 110-150 armor becomes obsolete fairly quickly once the toughter enemies appear, (even in the easiest game setting).
Upgrade that shit asap. Pay attention to the armors that substract less fatigue for similar protective value but more cost vs. the cheaper, more fatiguing ones.
If you have enough money for armors and new bros, you may want to raise your reserves as frontliners with max fatigue. You may still have enough time.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I love this game. Been playing it since back right before the gobbo rework in EA.

It really shone a light into the dark depths of popamole lurking within the recesses of my soul. I can't count the number of times I have screamed at the game for some result that infuriated me, smashed the retreat button and reloaded. I'm slowly relearning the joys of playing with what the game gives me however. And to pick my battles wisely unless I feel like losing a bro.

Try this map seed: 6246a1.

private image sharing

You start in the steppe area between Mitterfels and Himmelsdorf. Excellent map for a good start and making money fast once you get rolling.

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Still though around 500k-600k euros ain't bad at all for such a small team. That's of course if all the sales after the price raise were at around 30 euros.
4 or 5 split, counting building expenses, operation cost, and taxes and whatnot its passable amount of money. But not the kind of money you want to be bringing home to the misses.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Hey we talking about the sales just after the release, 2-3 weeks worth of sales. Ain't so bad. Plus I doubt the writer for example gets an even share of profit but I can't be sure of course

Try this map seed: 6246a1.

You start in the steppe area between Mitterfels and Himmelsdorf. Excellent map for a good start and making money fast once you get rolling.

That looks like a really cool, thanks for the seed!

I started to the right of Mitterfels so it seems like starting position is randomized.

Teut Busnet

Cipher
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I thought they raised the chance for unique items during the final beta.

I'm on day 220 now - the 2nd crisis, greenskins, has just started - and I never found a unique at a location or saw one in the hands of a bandit leader or hedgeknight. I don't even think there were more than a dozen for sale - weaponsmith, armorer and fletcher combined - and travelling from shop to shop is basically all I'm doing atm.

200.000 crowns and nothing to spend them on... .

Unwanted

golgo21

Unwanted
Shitposter
I found many weapons for sale on various keeps,but nothing dropped from the orc\bandit cities.
The unique weapons I saw though were more or less flavour,they had like 5% less fatigue build up or something like that.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
I usually see a lot of them being sold in keeps etc. Finding in enemy camps is a bit more rare, but tavern rumors help. I guess it's just bad luck

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom