Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate is boring

Duckard

Augur
So I'm playing Baldur's Gate and I'm finding it boring. It's full of filler combat and the only strategy is to keep close range fighters in close range and long range fighters in long range. The story doesn't seem particularly interesting, I'm at the part before heading into Baldur's Gate.

What the hell? I thought I could trust you guys, but I guess I was wrong. Now I don't know what to believe in.

Duckard

Augur
Konjad said:

I'm not this "drog" fellow. I'm a lurker who thought Baldur's Gate would be fun because of the praise it gets on this site, but it turned out I was wrong. I'm just wondering why it gets so much praise on the Codex.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Duckard said:
Konjad said:

I'm not this "drog" fellow. I'm a lurker who thought Baldur's Gate would be fun because of the praise it gets on this site, but it turned out I was wrong. I'm just wondering why it gets so much praise on the Codex.

OK, whatever makes you happy, Drog.

laclongquan

Arcane
Nah, BG is boring as shit. I am currently investigating Iron Throne and oh god sometimes deep in the night I sleep while playing, one thing never happen if I play interesting game.

BG2 is better than BG1 in every aspect
same as
Fallout2 is better than Fallout1 in every aspect.

This run through with BGT just confirm my impression of BG. There's just something boring at BG's core, unlike BG2.

TripJack

Hedonist
It would be a crime against nature for 2 codexians to share the same avatar. I'm pretty sure there's some shit in the bible about this. Probably revelation.

Truman

Scholar
I found it boring as well but not because the game was bad, I'm sure it is very good. I didn't like it because I know nothing about DnD and all the joy from making the characters and micromanaging the skills was lost on me. Maybe it's the same for you?

Dagorath

Educated
So I'm playing SO YOU WANT TO BE A TROLL? and I'm finding it boring. It's full of filler POSTING and the only strategy is to keep PRESSING POST TO POST and QUOTE TO QUOTE. The FORUM doesn't seem particularly interesting, I'm at the part before heading into YOUR MOM.

What the hell? I thought I could trust you guys, but I guess I was wrong. Now I don't know what to believe in.

ironyuri

TripJack said:
It would be a crime against nature for 2 codexians to share the same avatar. I'm pretty sure there's some shit in the bible about this. Probably revelation.

ComradeCommissar has the same avatar as me and he's been here for a shorter time and only posts in GD :(((((((

Do I need to get train tickets?

Vibalist

Arcane
ironyuri said:
TripJack said:

ComradeCommissar has the same avatar as me and he's been here for a shorter time and only posts in GD :(((((((

Jesus christ are people registering just to post in GD now? This is fucking decline.

Unless ComradeCommissar is just some shitty alt, which would mean it's just business as usual.-

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Duckard said:
So I'm playing Baldur's Gate and I'm finding it boring. It's full of filler combat and the only strategy is to keep close range fighters in close range and long range fighters in long range. The story doesn't seem particularly interesting, I'm at the part before heading into Baldur's Gate.

Recommendation: The Elder Turds: Oblibian

Black

Arcane
It is boring.
but if you are playing it for the first time it's great fun.
Playing it for the first time doesn't make it good.

Exmit

Scholar
BG might be boring if you play it for the 10th time

but if you are playing it for the first time it's great fun.

bad attempt :M , but some codexians took the bait

trollbaitthesims3.jpg

The first BG is boring. Practically no dialog, pixel hunting and shit leaves (bad) combat as the only thing to do.

I, for one, couldn't finish. Play BG2 instead.

Exmit

Scholar
I was dissapointed with BG2 at first that it didn't have random locations like in BG1 that you would just walk in the forest , and sometimes meet someone with a quest.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom