Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Baldur's Gate 3 Released

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
full of meaningful choices

Have you hit Act 3 yet? The setups for all these "meaningful will pay off just-you-wait" choices.. usually don't.

There's a few here and there for sure.. but you'll be surprised if you go back and try different shit, how often your rail roaded down the same path anyways with maybe a different NPC saying the same dialogue or even just some deus machina bullshit god moding your selection anyways.

Zeltak

Educated
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This game is good for its combat (minus the lacking difficulty), exploration and environments. But everything about the story, the villains and the companions is absolutely shit tier. Reactivity is surface level, there is nothing revolutionary about it.

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
A huge turn-based DND RPG full of meaningful choices is released.

The Codex snobs it.

I know it’s part of the feel of the place, and you also have all these cuck nazi cunts here, but, Jesus Christ.

Balkanniggers screeching about Africaniggers as if it's some sort of subhuman paralympics is the most exhilarating stuff you can get out of the discussions.
Yet the better discussions about the game are to be found (how ironic) on reddit or the tips&tricks thread. Codex on full decline.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath

The Codex snobs it.

I know it’s part of the feel of the place, and you also have all these cuck nazi cunts here, but, Jesus Christ.
But this game already existed.

It's called our lord and savior SOLASTA.
It's big in my heart and the meaningful choice is to play it instead of BG3.

Play BG3 after Swen releases Finished Edition. With the upper parts of Baldur's Gate he was promising just a month ago.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just got done with the fight with the hag.

Great fight. Multiple ways to win, the mechanics of it really keep you on your toes and force you to think about an actual strategy to keep things... contained.

Fortunately, I won, but it was hard-fought, requiring some lucky breaks. Unfortunately, whom I was supposed to rescue... died. But after using Speak With Dead afterwards, it actually seems fitting.
If she's dead then I assume you will miss the continuation in the third act. You won't see half of the questline!

Falksi

Arcane
Not played it, won't play it for some time yet, but despite woke content I can't help but be happy that BG3 is putting turn based back on the map again in a big way. Woke shit aint going anywhere sadly whether BG3 exists or not, but we'll undoubtedly see more TB games thanks to BG3's success.

Even if that only gives us a handful more quality Indie developed TB games, that's still a win in my book.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
If she's dead then I assume you will miss the continuation in the third act. You won't see half of the questline!
Not only is she dead but I also killed the girl whom she kidnapped by shooting the wrong simulacrum/illusion.

Oh well. C&C. There was no way I was going to attempt that battle again.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not only is she dead but I also killed the girl whom she kidnapped by shooting the wrong simulacrum/illusion.

Act III has even more of a hag and Marianne than the first one. Oh well. Though I think you might still get some related content, though not all, but idk, I only know what happens if you kill the hag and save Marianne in the first act.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

No worry, the
hag returns whether you killed her or not

Konjad

Patron

No worry, the
Yes, but does
Marianne return if you killed her
? I doubt it.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

No worry, the
Yes, but does
? I doubt it.
No, if you killed her she won't

Konjad

Patron

No worry, the
Yes, but does
? I doubt it.
No, if you killed her she won't
Yeah, so you lose half of the act III hag's quest, I guess.

Self-Ejected

The Codex snobs it.

Play BG3 after Swen releases Finished Edition. With the upper parts of Baldur's Gate he was promising just a month ago.
Solasta is shit... Sorry. Everything aside of the rules of the game is horrific bad. Artstyle is a cancer for the eye, dialogues are cringe, the world is interesting like a dead jellyfish on the beach, graphic is absolutely bad, the plot seems written by a 12 year old attempting to dm.

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
All except Solasta's combat, which is sublime, and its exploration, which is quite good.

Oh, and its itemization, which is quite good as well.

And its overall presentation save for the character models, which is pleasing.

Oh and its environments, which are often insipired.

Let's not forget about its C&C, which is presentable.

But you focus on what you want to focus on, I guess.

jaekl

Educated
Patron

The Codex snobs it.

Solasta is shit... Sorry. Everything aside of the rules of the game is horrific bad. Artstyle is a cancer for the eye, dialogues are cringe, the world is interesting like a dead jellyfish on the beach, graphic is absolutely bad, the plot seems written by a 12 year old attempting to dm.

So there are no differences at all between solasta and baldur's gate 3, am I getting that right?

Self-Ejected

The Codex snobs it.

So there are no differences at all between solasta and baldur's gate 3, am I getting that right?

Really low effort attempt of trolling right there. Problem with Solasta is it does just one thing right but is not even trying in everything else.

jaekl

Educated
Patron

The Codex snobs it.

Really low effort attempt of trolling right there. Problem with Solasta is it does just one thing right but is not even trying in everything else.

Very high effort post, I'm really impressed. The problem with baldur's gate is that they tried with everything else and got the same result as the guys not trying.

zapotec

Liturgist
Lol comparing the production value of 250k$ videogame vs a multi million one

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron

The Codex snobs it.

Artstyle - graphics are obviously worse and faces are bad. But the arstyle? I would argue it's better. Just look at the armors in solasta and compare them to BG3 armors.
Dialogues are cringe - much less cringe than in BG3. I don't see characters in Solasta using reddit insults like "cuck" all the time.
Plot seems written by a 12 year old attempting to dm - that's a talented 12 years old then. Because he was able to create a very simple, but satisfying fantasy adventure.
Meanwhile the 12 year old weeb writing BG3 story got all FR lore books for christmas. And decide to use them all at once, in a single adventure. After mistaking mom's adderall for candy.

You must be trolling, because I honestly can't comprehend anyone arguing that BG3 main "story" is better than the comfy Solasta adventure. BG3 has fine writing in it, but it's certainly not the mains tory.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Dialogues are cringe - much less cringe than in BG3. I don't see characters in Solasta using reddit insults like "cuck" all the time.

Haven't seen cuck used in BG3 even once, though all the kids discussing it like to throw the word around, maybe that has you confused

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron

Haven't seen cuck used in BG3 even once, though all the kids discussing it like to throw the word around, maybe that has you confused
- It's the insult used during casting "cutting words" spell. So I hope you don't like this spell.
- thug outside Baldur's Gate.
- I think there's one more thug. Lord Stone quest?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom