Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

GloomFrost

Arcane
So finally having Wyll, Karlach and Minthara in the same team without any use "hacking strategic 120 IQ guide" video?

Nice!
What's "nice" about it? Like people have mentioned before Larian removed literally THE ONLY reason to play as evil. Evil path was incredibly underdeveloped and pointless anyway but they somehow managed to make it even worse. That's quiet an accomplishment.

Shaja

Educated
So finally having Wyll, Karlach and Minthara in the same team without any use "hacking strategic 120 IQ guide" video?

Nice!
What's "nice" about it? Like people have mentioned before Larian removed literally THE ONLY reason to play as evil. Evil path was incredibly underdeveloped and pointless anyway but they somehow managed to make it even worse. That's quiet an accomplishment.
I haven´t progressed much in my evil playthrough during chapter 2. But if Minthara was the only thing you get, then yeah you´re right it´s pointless.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Most iRL poets were men and Gale was clearly written as a straight man.
You are coping, hard. I'm all for modding out the blacks but these genderswap mods are fucking cringe. Faggot.
Retard, if you make a character in a game that lets you choose their sex and you make her a female, are you making a tranny?

No, you're making a female character. Even in BG1&2, where canonically, the protagonist was male. And that's what you're doing here, thanks to the mod.

Enjoy your gay mage and effeminate elf, you closet homo. My game has no such things in it. The trannies exist only in your head.

Yosharian

Arcane

Nice!
There are plenty of reasons to play as evil.

If your only reason before was to get some drow pussy then you're a fool

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
If your only reason before was to get some drow pussy then you're a fool
That said, you're going to miss out on the free Drow pussy scene if you knock her out.

She'll live, but you'll have to wait until much later to hear her suspiciously gravelly voice whispering sweet nothings into your ear.

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Minthara has to be temorary hostile to reappear in MT.
ok soo ive been doing honor runs of the act one to see if i can get minthara and i have found a way to do it so far.. its barebones at the moment, but it works so far

goes like this

- get off the ship ( duh)

-grab shadowheart/gale/astorian ( havent tried it with wyll and karlach yet)

do the fight outside the grove , dont go in make a bee line straight for the goblin camp

kill preistess gut

knock out minthara ( kill her bodyguards )

kill big red razzzlin

then go back to grove tell zevlor to party harty and once thats done if you go back to the goblin camp minthara should be standing where you left her..

( i know its a bit odd )

i have heard as long as you dont take the quest to kill the goblin leaders ( just do it anyway or rescue bear daddy ) it should work .. ( have fun )

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3897365207680363092
Hotfix 12 Now Live!
Version number: 4.1.1.4079877

We have a small hotfix for you today, which addresses some crashes that were occurring in certain instances, such as starting a conversation with Cazador (kind of a cheating move on his part).

CHANGES
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when joining with a second controller and activating split-screen in certain places.
  • Fixed a crash occurring in certain spots in the game (For example, when speaking in certain conditions to Cazardor, or Thisobald Thorm)
Thank you for reporting these issues to us. If you have any bugs to report, please reach out to our support team. Thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
It's not that changing companions into meta-straight people (you have to play as a man...) makes the game so much better.
It's that changing mostly everything about the companions makes the game so much better.
Come to think of it, seeing a woman talking about "Not to be recommended!" stuff with such an assertive tone makes it even two steps closer to lovely writing.

MerchantKing

Learned
It's not that changing companions into meta-straight people (you have to play as a man...) makes the game so much better.
It's that changing mostly everything about the companions makes the game so much better.
Come to think of it, seeing a woman talking about "Not to be recommended!" stuff with such an assertive tone makes it even two steps closer to lovely writing.
That's because they wrote women and gave them a male model. A big problem with writers in the current year. They don't know how to write either men or women. They write effeminate men which are practically women and they only write the stronk independent no-personality girlboss characters.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
That's because they wrote women and gave them a male model. A big problem with writers in the current year. They don't know how to write either men or women. They write effeminate men which are practically women and they only write the stronk independent no-personality girlboss characters.
Gale is a sadly common enough man. Been there myself. The female writers wrote him as if he were talking to a woman because that’s what they know.

You’re RPing a woman in BG3 interactions with men whatever your model looks like because that’s who wrote the dialogue trees.

When talking to female characters it works better because the writers have experience with those conversations.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
did Patch 5 fix lot of the UI issues with the game? alot of filters missing, and generally the UI was cumbersome and shitty like D:OS 2 and D:OS 1, great and amazing tho.
Not sure I really wanna re-play rite now tho, but got a Dark Urge save in ACt 3.. so might finish that eh.

One of the things that pissed me off about Balduran, was always the ultimatum of joining him or joining the enemy.. like wtf bro

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
did Patch 5 fix lot of the UI issues with the game?
As far as I know it didn't change anything about the UI.

I'm using Better Hotbar 2 along with Better Cursor Text Panel, which, after some tweaking (you just need to re-size the individual panel sections), made a big difference.

Z83Nl3l.jpg

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Gale is a sadly common enough man. Been there myself. The female writers wrote him as if he were talking to a woman because that’s what they know.
It's not just the writing. The way he's animated is extremely effeminate at times. The only one who's worse is Astarion.

The fact that Karlach, Lae'zel and Shadowheart are so butch just makes it even more noticeable.

Wyll is the only character who acts like a man in Act 1, either in his dialog or his animations. Halsin just acts like some weird, musclebound alien. He's too wrapped up in being a druid.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Removed the minthara mod because Larian's new patch. Knocked her out in the goblin camp as Larian said.

She doesn't show up in chapter 2 because of reasons. I fucking knew it's a mistake to trust Larian.

The epilogue is just fanficfion level of shit, they just throw what's poplular in the community and call it a day. And people are defending Larian said they have planned this from the beginning.

Also the new difficulty is as easy as hardcore. The legendary action is uselss. You can still kill everyone in just one or two turns before they can actually do anything.

Shig

Novice
Knocked her out in the goblin camp as Larian said.
Had a buddy who was seething about this too. Did you aggro her? My buddy's mistake was that he was just ambushing and bitchslapping her into the ground to avoid being drawn into large scale combat. Apparently you need to commit a crime or some shit in front of her, aggro her/roll initiative, and then non-lethally disable her.
I have no idea why you'd put that weird ass limitation on it, but there it is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom