Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

jf8350143

Liturgist
Knocked her out in the goblin camp as Larian said.
Had a buddy who was seething about this too. Did you aggro her? My buddy's mistake was that he was just ambushing and bitchslapping her into the ground to avoid being drawn into large scale combat. Apparently you need to commit a crime or some shit in front of her, aggro her/roll initiative, and then non-lethally disable her.
I have no idea why you'd put that weird ass limitation on it, but there it is.
I killed the hobgoblin first, then walk to her and she turns aggro. I'm pretty sure those limiations is bug becasue larian didn't say shit about you have to knock her out in a specific way to make her appear in chapter 2.

Shig

Novice
I'm pretty sure those limiations is bug
Almost certainly, which wouldn't be a shock considering how buggy this entire experience has been.
After looking around after reading your post(s), there seem to be conflicting opinions on whether this is even the case it seems. I don't know dude, enjoy the Larian roulette I guess? God speed man.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Not sure what this is because the link won't work. Just say the name.

If it's Better Aesthetics, the version there is pretty old. I used the W version that's newer. I used the W version https://basedmods.eth.limo/mod/cjRmjLbSlYP14i7zDCVGcjfjq_g9jEXd4oQrk1Y9EPg/

I also used the white Wyll mod. Both work fine. Have to use the Mod Manager to install: https://github.com/LaughingLeader/BG3ModManager

Lodis

Educated
So with a "evil" playthrough you
-lose a total of five companions(Wyll, Karlach, Halsin, Jaheira and Minsc) six if you don't convince Gale to stay
-lose access to multiple quests and vendors with one of them in particular having some very nice items in act 3
-lose out on quest rewards some of which are very powerful like the robe Alfira gives you
-get less allies for the final fight
-get a abrupt ending with no epilogue if you choose to control the brain

And now because reddit kept throwing tantrums they made Minthara recruitable on a good playthrough too. Pretty weird direction to go in considering how much Larian themselves were hyping up the evil path during EA.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
-lose a total of five companions(Wyll, Karlach, Halsin, Jaheira and Minsc) six if you don't convince Gale to stay
-lose access to multiple quests and vendors with one of them in particular having some very nice items in act 3
-lose out on quest rewards some of which are very powerful like the robe Alfira gives you

And now because reddit kept throwing tantrums they made Minthara recruitable on a good playthrough too. Pretty weird direction to go in considering how much Larian themselves were hyping up the evil path during EA.

But you can if follow Dark Urge, get a slayer form.

Sadly the slayer form is weaker than tenser transformation in BG3, in BG2, was better than a lv 20 fighter.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Because redditoids can't bring themselves to hurt fellow special snowflakes.

I'm sure Larian is looking at their playtesting data and sees how many people take the evil path vs the good and tried to satisfy their market. The evil stuff in marketing is like the bear sex: there for shock value and titillation, not what they intend the standard playthrough to be.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Not sure what this is because the link won't work. Just say the name.

If it's Better Aesthetics, the version there is pretty old. I used the W version that's newer. I used the W version https://basedmods.eth.limo/mod/cjRmjLbSlYP14i7zDCVGcjfjq_g9jEXd4oQrk1Y9EPg/

I also used the white Wyll mod. Both work fine. Have to use the Mod Manager to install: https://github.com/LaughingLeader/BG3ModManager
Yes, damn. None of the links seems to work. Not even yours, what is going on here? Anyway, it's the Better Aesthetics W one, the one you mention. I have used the old one, but that was simple to install, the W comes with zero instructions. So you need the mod manager for the W one? You can't just place the file somewhere?

vota DC

Augur
So finally having Wyll, Karlach and Minthara in the same team without any use "hacking strategic 120 IQ guide" video?

Nice!
What's "nice" about it? Like people have mentioned before Larian removed literally THE ONLY reason to play as evil. Evil path was incredibly underdeveloped and pointless anyway but they somehow managed to make it even worse. That's quiet an accomplishment.
Also you get less equipment because Dammon. And also you need to be Devil enemy to get the best armor, gloves and song.
Bg1 was different: you has very high prices and guards attacking you if evil but you get stronger companions like a wizard that cheats with numbers of slots and a dwarf with regeneration.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Yes, damn. None of the links seems to work. Not even yours, what is going on here?
The site has two methods of working, depending on whether or not you've installed some protocol on your browser.
I have used the old one, but that was simple to install, the W comes with zero instructions. So you need the mod manager for the W one? You can't just place the file somewhere?
Mod manager. All .pak files require the manager. They're actually easier to install that way, though I don't like how save games won't load if you remove them.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
BG3 Mod Manager is easy to use. Just import the mod from whatever download folder you saved the mod in, then drag it over to the left panel (unless it's an "override", in which case it's automatically added) then you have to click on the little diskette icon to save your load order which is automated for you.

Then just run the game.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik

100%

Still, Dark Justiciar + Vampire Mega Boss + Vlaakith's Saint is brutally satisfying

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
3xxde1r.jpg

lBWu2M7.png

Got Gale's standard reveal about the orb detonation issue.

If this were your first time seeing these scenes, would you believe it if someone told you these were supposed to be for a male character? A man wouldn't get on his knees like this. "Gale is letting you in"?

jf8350143

Liturgist
3xxde1r.jpg

lBWu2M7.png

Got Gale's standard reveal about the orb detonation issue.

If this were your first time seeing these scenes, would you believe it if someone told you these were supposed to be for a male character? A man wouldn't get on his knees like this. "Gale is letting you in"?
If Gale was female, after he grabs you hand and put it on his chest, he would scream sexual harrassment and has you arrested.

vota DC

Augur
It Is true that you can trigger a war between druids and tiefling so that you help Minthara without angering Karlach and Wyll?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
It Is true that you can trigger a war between druids and tiefling so that you help Minthara without angering Karlach and Wyll?
They'll still be pissed at you during the gobo party afterward.

The old way to avoid this was to kill them both, but I haven't tested on the current patch. Apparently, they've patched some workarounds people had.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Wyll will leave during the goblin party anyway, but I was able to keep him in my group by blowing him up on the barrel before the assault and resurrecting him afterwards. Worked out completely ok.
Karlach will refuse to join in such scenario, but I always behead that disgusting creature, so no difference.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Hope you bigots aren't supporting the Ser Aylin mod!!!

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/18a4ryt/please_dont_support_the_ser_aylin_mod/

"just so everyone is aware... 'ser Aylin' is not just some random harmless mod that changes Aylin's gender for the fun of it. it's part of a mod pack (housed on another website since most of the mods obviously got taken down from Nexus) called the 'no alphabets' mod which aims to remove every single queer character and every single reference to any queer identity from the entire game, and if that wasn't bad enough the mod creator is also working on removing people of color from the game...

on the website they state that the mod "ensures that the gender and sexuality of world NPCs match medieval status quo" and I was not even slightly surprised to see that instead of just removing the references to Nocturne being trans they instead decided that the easier thing to do (it's not easier) was to turn her into a man who tried to be a woman and then hated it... gee I wonder why they'd do that?and imagine my surprise when I saw that they had no mods that removed any of the magical aspects and creatures in the game in order to make it match "medieval status quo."it's almost as if they don't care about realism and it's actually just about their hatred of queer people, because if they did care about realism they'd be well aware that we have existed since the dawn of time.

the same person who made these mods also created the infamous mod that "fixes" Wyll and his father by making them both white, and the comments are filled with people (including the creator of the mod) who are so excited that they can finally romance Wyll now that they've made him white which is baffling... there were even talks of replacing Wyll's voice with a "white voice" because how are they ever going to be able to enjoy the game when there's still a Black man voicing one of the characters?

oh and this feels fucking random but you know Vitiligo? the disorder that was first described over 1500 years BC? yeah, that's something they're removing too for "realism."

if you're still somehow doubting that there's malicious intent then maybe the fact that someone who was helping the creator called two gay men in the game the f-slur in a list of things they wanted removed from the game and the mod author just replied by thanking them for the help. and I'm sure there's a shit ton more of that if you keep scrolling through it but I couldn't stomach reading any more of it.
they're actually trying to create their own white supremacist paradise... I left a comment informing everyone of all of this and I was blocked within about 20 seconds of posting it.
please don't support this garbage. there is enough hate in the world already.

EDIT: hate to state the obvious, but no... ignoring nazis is actually not the right way to deal with them. disturbing their peace and forcing their actions into the light is. if your focus is on a stranger online not exposing nazis in the exact way you think they should have done it and not on the actual nazis then take a little time to reflect on why that's your priority. I honestly think the biggest mistake I made here was making the title specifically about the mod, and not the group of white supremacists. that is the literal only regret I have."

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/18a4ryt/please_dont_support_the_ser_aylin_mod/

"just so everyone is aware... 'ser Aylin' is not just some random harmless mod that changes Aylin's gender for the fun of it. it's part of a mod pack (housed on another website since most of the mods obviously got taken down from Nexus) called the 'no alphabets' mod which aims to remove every single queer character and every single reference to any queer identity from the entire game, and if that wasn't bad enough the mod creator is also working on removing people of color from the game...

on the website they state that the mod "ensures that the gender and sexuality of world NPCs match medieval status quo" and I was not even slightly surprised to see that instead of just removing the references to Nocturne being trans they instead decided that the easier thing to do (it's not easier) was to turn her into a man who tried to be a woman and then hated it... gee I wonder why they'd do that?and imagine my surprise when I saw that they had no mods that removed any of the magical aspects and creatures in the game in order to make it match "medieval status quo."it's almost as if they don't care about realism and it's actually just about their hatred of queer people, because if they did care about realism they'd be well aware that we have existed since the dawn of time.

the same person who made these mods also created the infamous mod that "fixes" Wyll and his father by making them both white, and the comments are filled with people (including the creator of the mod) who are so excited that they can finally romance Wyll now that they've made him white which is baffling... there were even talks of replacing Wyll's voice with a "white voice" because how are they ever going to be able to enjoy the game when there's still a Black man voicing one of the characters?

oh and this feels fucking random but you know Vitiligo? the disorder that was first described over 1500 years BC? yeah, that's something they're removing too for "realism."

if you're still somehow doubting that there's malicious intent then maybe the fact that someone who was helping the creator called two gay men in the game the f-slur in a list of things they wanted removed from the game and the mod author just replied by thanking them for the help. and I'm sure there's a shit ton more of that if you keep scrolling through it but I couldn't stomach reading any more of it.
they're actually trying to create their own white supremacist paradise... I left a comment informing everyone of all of this and I was blocked within about 20 seconds of posting it.

EDIT: hate to state the obvious, but no... ignoring nazis is actually not the right way to deal with them. disturbing their peace and forcing their actions into the light is. if your focus is on a stranger online not exposing nazis in the exact way you think they should have done it and not on the actual nazis then take a little time to reflect on why that's your priority. I honestly think the biggest mistake I made here was making the title specifically about the mod, and not the group of white supremacists. that is the literal only regret I have."

What a great-sounding mod, where can one obtain this treasure?

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

What a great-sounding mod, where can one obtain this treasure?
It's still on nexus mods

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That mod would go a long way in making this game bearable for me. The next step would be to fix up the writing and get rid of all that degenerate fuckery like Xan sticking his sword up his asshole and all that stupid bullshit.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jesus, the irony of a fanbase is just too much. Just let the mod be you uptight asshole. Shame Elon didn't buy reddit and burned it down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom