Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Honour Mode ups the intensity of what was previously our most challenging mode - Tactician - and not only makes the game more difficult in and out of combat, but also introduces over 30 new tweaks to all of Baldur's Gate 3’s boss-fights, with a new Legendary Action system designed to catch players off-guard and increase the challenge. Now, bosses can perform new actions, adding twists and turns to all major fights throughout the game.

When you inevitably die in Honour Mode, you’ll be presented with statistics from your journey, including how long and how far you survived. Should you so choose, you can continue your adventure, which will then disable Honour Mode. But players who do manage to complete the entire game with Honour Mode enabled without dying will be awarded the coveted Golden D20.
This is a nice change but way too late

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This "honor mode" will be coming together with hardcore league for DDO. I honestly am interesting in seeing how far I can reach in both games. In the last HC league, I died at lv 11.

Larianshill

Arbiter
The new patch added epilogues. They are pretty decent, if you like the companions. However, the patch only adds an epilogue for the good ending - there is no epilogue for the evil ending, of any sort. Not even MoB-style slideshow.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
The new patch added epilogues. They are pretty decent, if you like the companions. However, the patch only adds an epilogue for the good ending - there is no epilogue for the evil ending, of any sort. Not even MoB-style slideshow.
you can't be serious... :argh:

the evil ending was such an embarrassment the party claps for 2 seconds then immediately cuts to credits

Larianshill

Arbiter
Yeah, well, what did you expect. I was writing a whole essay about how much evil playthrough sucks, but then I just stopped, because everybody who cares already knows, and everybody who doesn't care is a lost cause.

Black

Arcane
"Minthara will still appear at Moonrise Towers if she was knocked out in Act 1"

Does that mean you can recruit her without being a murder hobo?
So they removed the only actual incentive of going evil by making the only evil exclusive companion also be recruitable by moralfags?
Instead of adding content to the evil path they removed the only reason for going for it?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

You could already do this, it was just hacky.
So they removed the only actual incentive of going evil by making the only evil exclusive companion also be recruitable by moralfags?
Instead of adding content to the evil path they removed the only reason for going for it?
Moralfaggotry is the norm these days. You see people posting videos with hundreds of thousands of views along the lines of "I played the evil path so you don't have to".

The incentive to play evil is that you can kill all these annoying NPCs. I need no other bribe. In fact, I'd like to be able to drag Karlach and Halsin along more easily when I do.

You could already do this, it was just hacky.
Moralfaggotry is the norm these days. You see people posting videos with hundreds of thousands of views along the lines of "I played the evil path so you don't have to".

The incentive to play evil is that you can kill all these annoying NPCs. I need no other bribe. In fact, I'd like to be able to drag Karlach and Halsin along more easily when I do.
That's the consequences of the 80s satanic panic against D&D, the game was castrated and since D&D is pretty much the template for rpg stuff that's what you get in the end.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
1889534784 Endings!!!

Crichton

Prophet
I'm on my 2nd playthough now so I'll be curious to see what they did with the endings; awful timing on the drow though, I just killed that bitch.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
That's the consequences of the 80s satanic panic against D&D, the game was castrated and since D&D is pretty much the template for rpg stuff that's what you get in the end.
I disagree. You actually got a lot of creative workarounds for things.

Tieflings, for example, were mutants, not just half-demon. Devils and Demons got new species names in the Planescape setting.

Of course, there were also blatant cuts like making half-orcs no longer playable (which may have actually been a good thing, since half-orcs have only served to anthropomorphize orcs, to the point that they're treated as slightly ugly humans in modern D&D), but overall, I think "castrated" is too strong a word to use.

And now, the opposite is the problem: Tieflings have been dumbed down into playable devils. Half-orcs are not only playable, but they have no disadvantages. The entire game is like a pride parade of faggotry and BG3 is likely to make that worse.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
OtyadpV.jpg

pfO4pBb.jpg

KHpdwyj.jpg

Wow, the patch improved the game more than I thought it would.

:avatard:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom