Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
Too early (or too late, I need to get some sleep) in the game to say anything about it yet, but I sure liked the older UI better.
And the XP bar is just :retarded:

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Welcome to the new age of rpgs, including such delights as story mode. There's even an achievement for it. Even retards need to feel special.

7QiUVCp.jpg

FeelTheRads

Arcane
^ Achievement unlocked: You watched the game.

They should give these for watching it on twitch as well.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I never liked any of the IE games but I have to say either my taste is getting shittier or the new improvements just make the game better for me. A lot of little things, like it defaulting to the max stack of whatever you are selling, and looting without pixel hunting, and always on highlight. I also like the outlines and the healthbars overhead a lot. I have put more Hours into BGEE since this last update than I ever have in any attempts I made at playing this game before in my life and I got this when it was new.

Combat is still shit rtwp moron combat for idiots, but I can tolerate it. I honestly didn't think I'd pick up the expansion but I definitely am now and I'm also hopeful of what these guys do going forward if Gaider does fucking shit all over it with predictable, one dimensional anti-stereotype characters in your face in the most anachronistic way. Gaider is the big question mark here since he just comes out with shit console game with shit gameplay after shit console game with shit gameplay. I don't trust him to make anything decent crpg-wise.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Gaider is the big question mark here since he just comes out with shit console game with shit gameplay after shit console game with shit gameplay. I don't trust him to make anything decent crpg-wise.

I thought Hordes of the Underdark was pretty good but that was more than a decade ago.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
So, bottom line. Is it good or is it shit?

I have not played it but it seems to be good. That said you are going to want to wait until its 75% off during the summer or fall sale to punish them for their SJW agenda.

I know that sounds like I'm trolling but it seems the way to go.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I played it a bit on Insane and it is fun so far. I am still in first dungeon and it is super hard to rest inside so that makes it even more challenging.
So far stealth scout and fireballs solve most encounters :)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another way of guesstimating sales success - let's take a look at concurrent players data: http://steamcharts.com/app/228280#7d

Not too great. It hasn't managed to surpass the peaks of previous BG:EE sales. Maybe things will pick up over the weekend.

Last edited:

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
I'm playing on core rules with my four player custom party I finished BG1EE with. I might have to up the difficulty as it seems a bit easy, but I'm only just past the prologue so... Difficult to say about thrash mobs as well and the quality of the encounters as it's so early in the game.

The main fear right now is what the plot is going to bring in terms of SJW and social commentary. That stuff simply does not belong in BG.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Another way of guesstimating sales success - let's take a look at concurrent players data: http://steamcharts.com/app/228280#7d

Not too great. It hasn't managed to surpass the peaks of previous BG:EE sales. Maybe things will pick up over the weekend.

Would that chart take into account people playing from BG:EE?
Like I bought the game but I'm replaying from the start before I do SoD

EDIT:
Especially because of the 75% discounted sale.. I would imagine a lot of first timers grabbed both games and are giving them a whirl from the start.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah it does. It's a very rough indication.

One confounding factor here is that the game's most hardcore fans are likely to have preordered it from Beamdog. That could be thousands of people.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm playing on core rules with my four player custom party I finished BG1EE with. I might have to up the difficulty as it seems a bit easy, but I'm only just past the prologue so... Difficult to say about thrash mobs as well and the quality of the encounters as it's so early in the game.

The main fear right now is what the plot is going to bring in terms of SJW and social commentary. That stuff simply does not belong in BG.
You do need to up the difficulty. Prologue has some nice fights on Insane. I just had a fight where enemy mage cast defensive spell and used a potions instantly at start of combat, some others also used potions. Their Shadowdancer used stealth and went to backstab my mage, even used shadowalk to get free movement. Another archer dude proceeded to kite my melee as I closed in and only after I kept up switched to a melee weapon.

There is a nice mix of enemies on Insane, even when just fighting undead. There are fire immune undead, slashing/piercing undead, undead that leech your life and spellcasting undead.
I also had strength reducing undead and undead that attacked from stealth.

And traps can be nasty in prologue dungeon: dispel magic traps, feeblemind traps...

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah it does. It's a very rough indication.

One confounding factor here is that the game's most hardcore fans are likely to have preordered it from Beamdog. That could be thousands of people.
They said they are happy with how preorders went and their Beamdog service pretty much died for 24h after release. Forums are full of people complaining how download is too slow or breaks.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
their Beamdog service pretty much died for 24h after release. Forums are full of people complaining how download is too slow or breaks.

In other words they're losing money because of incompetence. :troll:

Seriously, I can't imagine how these days you can still have issues with servers overloading. Beamdog is a small company, but this this happens to big ones too. You'd think we're out of the stone age, but nope.

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
First dungeon and first city gave a better impression than just a modders dream. But gotta play more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom