Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
They should just give them away, since it's going to be bundled anyway.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
Jokes aside, I'm really disappointed with this release, and how it changes the game. I've been a supporter of BG:EE/BG2:EE because of the improved gameplay, and I've spent almost 1 000 hours with BG:EE and 600 with BG2:EE on steam (I've spent a lot more on the originals). I haven't bought SoD yet because I have no interest in it and I doubt I'll ever buy it in the future. There is nothing wrong with this, if you don't like something, you shouldn't play it. I can survive the horrible NPC's and bad writing, by not doing that part of the content, I've even had a mod installed that removes the new NPC's in BG:EE, so I'm playing the original game with slightly better gameplay. I've so far been able to mod away or ignore the parts that I don't like, but this isn't the case anymore. I just went back to play my BG:EE save and clear a few zones on the sword coast, and what do I see when I log in? The SoD interface in my game and now I have a fucking EXPERIENCE BAR.

It's fine that they want to try new things and be creative, but I did not spend money on a game, only to be forced to play another game a few years down the road.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.
Thank God for that!

So, I guess if you buy an IE game from now on, you're buying it from Beamdog? That's a bit sad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fry

Arcane
It would be nice if they kept the installers separate, but I imagine what they'll do is dump them all into one with a "classic" option in the main menu.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
It would be nice if they kept the installers separate, but I imagine what they'll do is dump them all into one with a "classic" option in the main menu.
Any chance we can plead cultural rape or something?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
It's actually worse since the original games won't be sold separately.

But you can still get them, so what's the difference in that respect?

It's about giving money to people who don't deserve it.

Also if I'm not mistaken Bethesda branded Fallout like cattle with their shitty logo and their versions barely have any "goodies" on GOG.

Fry

Arcane
Protest is for the weak.

Just download the GOG installers and archive them yourself.

Celerity

Takes 1337 hours to realise it's shit.
Village Idiot Possibly Retarded
Why the fuck was I tagged in a thread about a Tumberina game? Fuck off, I only want real RPGs like ones where cute anime girls scream desudesudesu. :troll:

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's actually worse since the original games won't be sold separately.

But you can still get them, so what's the difference in that respect?

It's about giving money to people who don't deserve it.

Also if I'm not mistaken Bethesda branded Fallout like cattle with their shitty logo and their versions barely have any "goodies" on GOG.
The difference is that it's going to be beamdong branded, like you said. And the worst case scenario of it being part of the same installer as the EE.

pippin

Also you still have the original FO games if you had them from before they disappeared from GOG. At least, the original game files and exe are present when you install the game. Beth's launcher is optional.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I read that the daughter of the single mother tells you stop "mansplaining" to her, anyone want to confirm/deny that, I'd appreciate it. :)

agris

Arcane
Patron
you could just install them from the CDs

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
As an extremely late adopter, I have BG on a single dvd (plus a cd for the expansion) :cool:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Not only Is the expansion uterly Mediocre, but also tainted with copious amounts of SJW propaganda?

This is retarded even for beamdog.

Seaking4

Learned
Not only Is the expansion uterly Mediocre, but also tainted with copious amounts of SJW propaganda?

This is retarded even for beamdog.

Well you can avoid it if you don't mansplain to her.

Anyways, I'm glad I already have my GOG installers downloaded. None of this Beamdog silliness.

Edit: Although that news post seems to indicate that it wouldn't matter if you already have them downloaded.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom