Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
God, you people are such pricks. I don't take on evil companions, only good and neutral ones, and I would never get romantically involved with Jaheira, that just feels so wrong. Instead, like a proper gentleman I mourn Khalid's passing with her, and impregnate the much cuter Aerie (although I do eventually have to leave her and the child to assume my position in the pantheon). Neutral Good FTW, you evil fucks!

Aerie's voice and dialogue makes me want to stab eardrums out with pencils. I always figured she was some sort of twisted social experiment. Give the C/M the worst personality and voice set, see who persists through it and who feeds her to monsters.

Other than that, this post reminds me of really long, weird fantasies people were posting about Aerie and being her dork in shining armour back on the Bioware forums. I guess it was the precursor to Tali sweat.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Hegel

Arcane
The golems and the troll boss are brutal (also, I wonder how many people charmed or casted remove curse on the guard captain). Still wonder who were the "masterminds" the troll talked about, I suppose it was cut content alongside the djinn in Irenicus' dungeon crystal room sublot and the circus gnome.

Fry

Arcane
I've heard that reloading a save several times automatically bumps difficulty down to the next lowest setting. Is this actually true or just a shitty rumor?

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
WARNING:

and after you pass the initial dungeon all your companions go their merry way

After you exit the first dungeon/location in Siege on Dragonspear your character is alone?

I thought I 'll be starting the addon with my created character but the game gave me another 5 characters and I didn't liked it.

If you import a save game where your character is alone at level one from BG:EE, you can play Siege of Dragonspear at lvl 1 with no companions :)

Trashos

Arcane
The golems and the troll boss are brutal (also, I wonder how many people charmed or casted remove curse on the guard captain). Still wonder who were the "masterminds" the troll talked about, I suppose it was cut content alongside the djinn in Irenicus' dungeon crystal room sublot and the circus gnome.

I always assumed it was a Roenalls scheme.

Unbeliever

Learned
This patch bugged Baldurs Gate EE. I just killed Silke in Beregost and suddenly all party members got 25 strength.

All my guys have 25 strength too. Is it garret? I started an old save from shortly after I killed her. It lists nothing about why I have this in the buffs/effects section. Any idea on how to get rid of this?

Figured it out -

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49732/bugs-with-thaco-and-strength-under-new-version

Thanks, I was mad because of this shit.

Bug is probably connected with achievement for killing Silke. Maybe there are more bugged achievement in the game.

agris

Arcane
Patron
“In [Obsidian’s] Pillars of Eternity, they told me about all these gods and these things that are going on, and I’m just getting hammered with lore,” he added. “I’m like, ‘Dude, I just want to get in and start learning about this world.’ Whereas D&D, I have all that knowledge and if I want some more knowledge I can just go on the internet or pop open a rule book. To me, that’s just the power that D&D has that crafting your own stuff from scratch just cannot have.”

Truth.

SionIV

Cipher
Patron

There is a big possibility that the Mastermind was Firkraag. Many of the enemies you meet in De'Arnise can also be found in his dungeon. You also find the key to the Mind Flayer lair on Tazok, who is an underling of Firkraag, so his reach is beyond Windspear Hills. If I remember right, there was an interview at one point that told that he was supposed to be more than just a 'revenge trip' for Gorian. It isn't exactly the first time that Firkraag is stealing lands from a noble.

I highly doubt that it's the twisted rune, I don't see what a group of high level creatures/liches/mages would want with a castle in the middle of nowhere, and I highly doubt that they would hire Trolls to do their work.

Last edited:

Trodat

Arcane
Patron
Korlaz fight was pretty weird. If you have all of your character's equipped with ranged weapons you can get her close to death immediately after the dialog before she buffs herself. Then just let her run away, but instead kill her. Get the exp and fight over in 5 seconds. :lol:

Gauldur's Bait

Arbiter
GOG USERS! SoD will not show up in your account as a separate game after purchase. Click on Baldur's Gate and it will be found there as a DLC, listed after the updates. Just a heads up before you threaten Cyprus with nuclear extermination. :)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You are not good at this. As I said, what are you doing here?
He is poking fun with this thread, I think:

http://eurogamer.net/forum_thread_posts ... &start=120

Eurogamer has always been a "friend" of the Codex, bitching about the Codex about as much as we bitch about Oblivion, but this one is amusing:

Shoot me now... Take one perfectly good RPG, look at a thread of it on RPGCodex, after reading two posts get so sick of the game you'll never want to play it again. :mad:
That's sort of my point. The whiniest posters over there hammer you over the head about how those games are the yardstick by which all other games should be measured to such an extent that you wan't to dislike them out of pure principle.
I'm not so sure about that. Knee-jerk derision of everything new isn't really better than sycophantic admiration IMO.

There are of course voices of reason over at RPGCOdex. However they are often drowned out loud mouthed whiners who complain about everything that deviates from the impossibly strict rules they have regarding what constitutes a real RPG.

I remember reading a recent thread where a few, as i understand it, profilic posters instintivley dismissed the dialouge wheel system in Mass Effect, basically just because it wasn't a traditional dialouge tree. They really weren't the slightest bit interested in how it would work in practise.
Is it true, guys? IS IT? HMM?!!! Did you really do that?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
!! Beamdog are taking ownership of the classic editions of the Infinity Engine games. They will be bundled together with the EEs.

https://af.gog.com/news/definitive_edition_bundle_baldurs_gate_i_ii_icewind_dale?as=1649904300

"The team at Beamdog was able to breathe a new life into the Infinity Engine classics." says Greg Tito, Communications Director for Dungeons & Dragons "We're proud to recognize their excellent work in offering the best possible experience and support for these legendary titles. We want these to become the definitive editions – featuring both the enhanced and classic versions of the games."

On April 29, Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition will be expanded to include the classic versions – each becoming the Definitive Edition Bundle and not available for purchase separately. If you already own the classics on GOG.com, the games currently on your shelf won't be affected.

"We're excited to take our commitment and support to Baldur's Gate and GOG fans to the next level and humbled to work with such great partners. The Definitive Edition Bundle will give every Baldur's Gate fan what they're looking for" – concludes Cameron Tofer, Beamdog COO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Time to torrent those handy GOG installers for the original games before you are forced to soil your computer with Beamdog shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom