Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News AoD Public Beta Release 2 Available

EG

Nullified
The fuck, VD? It's like you are working on this . . . I don't think I can handle rapid changes and bugfixes from an indie.

Black

Arcane
Sorry if this is noob question, but is the capitalization in the quest log supposed to be wacky? It looks like 80's-style l33tspeak.

Can you post a screenshot?

Awesome character. I suppose it's appropriate.

lvcT2.jpg
Looks like you've got a ReAlLy Awes0me™ EdItioN right there.

Mozgoëbstvo

Learned
Whatever the case, it's still a bit different from everything else, because it's not a "given" quest, it's not a character that sends you to do it - you bump into it - even though you can start it only if you have the right skills.

What I meant is, how many of these adventures with an "extra-textual" start are we gonna find?
:not sure if serious:

There is quite a lot that you can bump into on your own in the demo.

Unfortunately, yes, I was serious... :oops:

There is? Never seen it on the forums. I'll play more and lurk more.
Thanks for your answers, anyway. ;)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The Awesome Character is rather useful for testing purposes. Did you have that in mind or was it made solely for people complaining about difficulty?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Okay, bug. The icons you see above NPCs' heads when you cripple them grow in size when you zoom out (you'd expect them to shrink). They end up covering the NPC entirely when you're zoomed out to maximum distance.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
More caps issues (fonts directory is still empty)
In the "Trade" text box, every background appears in all lower caps, not just Assassin and Praetor
Fyysx.jpg

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
For some reason, the font might haven been not properly installed... Find and download Charlemagne Std font and install it.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
In the Loremaster's opening vignette, I managed to get two texts floating over my character's head (from looking at things in Feng's room) to appear at the same time. Can't reproduce.

For some reason, the font might haven been not properly installed... Find and download Charlemagne Std font and install it.

Um...?

PrzeSzkoda

Augur
Project: Eternity
In the Loremaster's opening vignette, I managed to get two texts floating over my character's head (from looking at things in Feng's room) to appear at the same time. Can't reproduce.

I had the same issue. Still, you can read the descriptions at your convinience in the text box.

All in all, very good update, all the changes are to my liking (although the new font does cause some annoying overlap from time to time - and I did not mind the old font at all, I think I even found it more aesthetically pleasing). I simply had to try the Awesome character and see where it got me. The good thing is that even the Awesome character requires planning and some thought in the more difficult combat scenarios.

Good additions to the Praetor questline. Lovin' the dude in the graveyard - was he, by any chance, created by one of the :monocle: folks who preordered?

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Awesome Character lacks [INTELLIGENCE] to get easier final fight with IG... and You are not able to farm civilians as in beta so it is :obviously: parody of AWESOME TM characters from Bio like Hawke or Shepard. And Titus like Titus Pullo Amarite?
l.jpg

This is best spend 25 Jewgold so far I hope you will finish the whole game soon. :salute:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Add it to Windows, the game generates the fonts from the ones installed in your system.

OK. The bold version apparently was already installed. The regular one was not.

EDIT: And all of the font problems seem to have disappeared. :thumbsup:

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
I fired up the new build, clicked the awesome button and what do we have here? PER 6? INT 5? That's not even remotely awesome enough in my book. Can't say I'm not disappointed.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Awesome Character lacks [INTELLIGENCE] to get easier final fight with IG... and You are not able to farm civilians as in beta so it is :obviously: parody of AWESOME TM characters from Bio like Hawke or Shepard.
Even AWESOME characters have their limits. :obviously:

And Titus like Titus Pullo Amarite?
THIRTEEN!!!

This is best spend 25 Jewgold so far I hope you will finish the whole game soon. :salute:
Glad you like it. Thank you.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Vault Dweller

How about a compass? Not a quest compass, just something to tell you what direction your character is facing.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Not a priority at the moment, but I'll see what we can do.

It's a bit more important now that teleportation has been reduced. And actually, it should be what direction the camera is facing, not your actual character.

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
All right, so I have a suggestion for another poorly-thought-out yet far-reaching change. Aren't you thrilled? :)

- at each new character creation, randomly generate a large array with values between -5 and +5
- each skill check in the game is then modified by a value from this array (indexed by check sequence or whatever)

In other words, make the skill check difficulties a bit more "fuzzy", so there's some variance even in playthroughs with very similar characters. Memorizing exact skill thresholds does nothing, and the "state of the world" is always at least somewhat unknowable - it's impossible to perfectly know the depth of the pot until you've jumped in it (so to say). Each new character is in a slightly different parallel universe: in one Feng is slightly more obvious in his grubbiness but the guards are just a bit harder to bribe, while in another the opposite is true etc.

The aim is not, however, to make it more roguelike with huge variance, just to add a slight level of spice. I used 5 as the max change value since you've talked about rounding all checks to the nearest multiple of 5 (which doesn't seem to be the case in R2, judging by the changelog), but you could use <-3, 3> or whatever could be called "a slight change" based on the distribution of check values you're using (just -1, 0 or +1 would definitely be too small a change to register at all).

Yes, it could be argued that too many random changes will take away from the sense of "let's see what happens differently if I invest 5 more points in Skill X" (the all-mighty C&C). But it seems to me that if played correctly, it's more cosmetic and will just shift the choice slightly: from individual skill points (which can make or break a check, and thus reward the player for investing the exact number of points required to succeed at Quest MXI) towards "I'll put 10% of my skill points into Skill X, and see what happens this time". Or at least, that's how it looks to me.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Okay, bug. The icons you see above NPCs' heads when you cripple them grow in size when you zoom out (you'd expect them to shrink). They end up covering the NPC entirely when you're zoomed out to maximum distance.

Probably intentional, so you can see the icons even when zoomed out.

Let me repeat - they grow in size. Not just relative to the character, but in absolute terms.

Tycn

Savant
Were tits added in this release?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom