Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News AoD Public Beta Release 2 Available

hiver

:stupid:

:hmmm:

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Just act as if you're someone's alt, and spam GD with retarded bullshit, then you will get all the attention you crave for.

Executer

Phrenologist
Project: Eternity
I want to be a drog

On topic though, I'm going to play the fuck out of this as soon as I leave the office.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Nice!

:thumbsup:

Gonna download and replay when I get a chance. Probably will post the AWESOME difficulty option picture on BSN for butthurts, too.

- You can resize and move the textbox in the main gui.
- Added the option to leave screens by pressing the same key that you use to enter it.
- You can switch between screens with the hotkeys (from inventory to character screen, for example).
- Now there is a list with all locations on the right side of the map.

Simple additions and changes, but I appreciate stuff like this VD & Co.

:love:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does it actually have new content over the previous demo? Because I'm not sure if I want to download to find it's just basically the same thing, with slight improvements.

Niektory

one of some
Patron
Does it actually have new content over the previous demo? Because I'm not sure if I want to download to find it's just basically the same thing, with slight improvements.
There is some:
- There is now a slide before starting the vignette, introducing the town and your background.
- Added a new way of dealing with the mine, in which you poison their supplies. Assassins get an extra option here.
- Now you are actually taken to the torture room when you fail some of the checks (especially disguise ones), and there you have a chance to get out alive if you didn't kill any guards.
- Added a new quest that deals with Feng and Cassius, that comes after the vignette.
- Added an unique, non-combat way to deal with the mine.
- Added a new encounter with a gang in the slums.
- Added a character you talk to in the graveyard.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Downloading. This awesome mode better does what it says.

hiver

As far as i can see it does.
Of course i restrained myself from playing out the first version so most of the stuff is new to me, except the very first few regular quests.

Opening is much better now and you can really move the text box.

Even the awesome character is ... funny... if you put a right mind to it, as i wrote on the previous page.

I care, but new fags don't count
While it is nice to have newfags saying this its not exactly true.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Enemies still didn't die in one hit. :(
Suggest improving Awesome Mode by quadrupling the protagonist AP and doubling his damage.

Deleted member 7219

Just completed the demo and pre-ordered. Appreciated the improvements, like the better fonts, larger menus, and being able to do a little bit of preparation when entering a new area before you're shoved into dialogues (raider camp/mine being one example). I still hate the combat but I don't care since I enjoy talking and manipulating my way through situations. I have full confidence in the developers now.

Deleted member 7219

The latter part of the demo still has a lot of teleporting and shoving-into-dialogues. You probably did this to reduce backtracking, but I'm someone who likes the idea of having to run about from time to time. Gives me a chance to think things through. You also have more chance of stumbling upon random things by actually walking through the town. So if I'm allowed to make a suggestion, it would be to encourage the player to explore a bit more. Niektory says you've added a couple more things in to this release... for the full version, several more couldn't hurt. They don't have to be full quests, just dialogues and small choices (help the wounded man get home, or rob him?), and they'd make the town feel a bit more alive.

hiver

Well, they are planning to add NPCs (with soma small interaction of one dialogue or so) for those that put in a bit more money so they could just use those.

It would be funny too. Have all supporters NPCs killed :)

Deleted member 7219

Another suggestion: trait descriptions. Like what Fallout had for perks. I like to be reminded of my accomplishments.

Marsal

Arcane
Is there an RPG in this version?

TIthy.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom