Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens RPG now "officially canceled."

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
Well, time for the mods to ship this thread off to Retardo. It's pretty much done now.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Rosh said:
Dicksmoker said:
Hard to hold a reasonable debate over a completely inane topic.

Inane to the uneducated or the uncaring, perhaps, in which case please do entertain yourself with the pictures. To those who do care about game design concepts and what they mean to a beloved setting, it can mean quite a lot.
This might actually make sense if we were talking about terms used to communicate with the general gaming public, but they never were. It was just in an in-house term used to group a bunch of shit together for organizational purposes, which basically means fuckall as far as actual implementation is concerned. But you can't seem to get that through your thick skull, so please do entertain yourself with your over-inflated self-importance and bullshit accusations if that makes you feel any better.

denizsi said:
Dicksmoker said:
Hard to hold a reasonable debate from an unreasonable perspective

Fixed.
You're right, especially if the debate is started from an unreasonable perspective.

Rosh

Erudite
Dicksmoker said:
This might actually make sense if we were talking about terms used to communicate with the general gaming public, but they never were. It was just in an in-house term used to group a bunch of shit together for organizational purposes, which basically means fuckall as far as actual implementation is concerned. But you can't seem to get that through your thick skull, so please do entertain yourself with your over-inflated self-importance and bullshit accusations if that makes you feel any better.

Unfortunately, that disregards what would happen when such an obtuse term would meet the public, and did.

Thanks for taking this thread back a few pages with your stupidity.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
It "met the public" when it was revealed by former devs who were giving info on the design process since the game is now cancelled. In other words, when everything was already irrelevant. Unless you're talking about all that bullshit regarding corporate spies that you were spouting earlier?

Rosh

Erudite
Dicksmoker said:
It "met the public" when it was revealed by former devs who were giving info on the design process since the game is now cancelled. In other words, when everything was already irrelevant. Unless you're talking about all that bullshit regarding corporate spies that you were spouting ealrier?

I'm not fond of repeating myself, your learning disability is your own problem. I had already mentioned that the "stealth" was being leaked out elsewhere, but that didn't seem to deter your attempts at rehashing old points. Ones I shot down pages ago.

Run along now, kid.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Not fond of repeating yourself? I never would have guessed that, considering that almost this entire thread is full of you saying the same shit over the same non-issue for pages on pages.

Rosh

Erudite
Dicksmoker said:
Not fond of repeating yourself? I never would have guessed that, considering that almost this entire thread is full of you saying the same shit over the same non-issue for pages on pages.

True, which is why I get short tempered towards those with a learning disability like yours.

obediah

Erudite
MLMarkland said:
I'm only going to reply in this thread with puerile jokes and/or memes from here on out.

713.jpg

What took you so long? I'm all for calling developers on their shit, but Rosh is a galactic trainwreck of useless nerdrage. Through barely skimming 90+ pages, I've gone from "yeah, stealth isn't the best name for that" to substituting the word stealth for random word just stealth see the rage flow.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Dicksmoker said:
Unless you're talking about all that bullshit regarding corporate spies that you were spouting earlier?

What? You mean you don't believe in his spy network?

mcaspy.jpg

denizsi

Arcane

You're assuming that they wouldn't PR the game as having stealth gameplay, and with each post MLM has posted on the subject, he fortified the impression that they definitely would PR the game as such. Try again.

You're right, especially if the debate is started from an unreasonable perspective.

Absolutely. MLM shouldn't even have turned this whole thing into a debate by opposing perfectly acceptable arguments with inane reasoning.

Also let's not forget that MLM flip-flopped from "stealth = best term" to "stealth = not the best but we picked it anyway".

But I shouldn't expect a bunch of shit-eating happy emofaggots to notice such things, and get struck by lightning of enlightenment to say "but this is... this is shit we have been eating!" to be able to notice any of that. So, keep on spamming "WHAA THIS IS SUCH A NON-ISSUE, I HAVE TO CRY ABOUT ALL OVER THE PLACE" while I keep arguing "SHIT SHIT SHIT, ITS JUST SHIT". Business as usual.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
This 15 page long argument is so stupidly pointless I can't help but smile when I think about it. Rosh you should just do a barrel roll with your edginess. "Run along now kid" :lol:
I bet you feel pretty badass when you say that.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Actually seeing ex-Obsidian dev smelling that something is burning when he tried to call placing traps and some other unrelated crap - stealth was pretty funny. But other than that this thread burned itself out.

denizsi

Arcane
Somebody should make use of that position, like NOW! I can't help myself when I see such a vacant position.

Rosh

Erudite
Jasede said:
Welcome back, Rosh! Your posts always spice things up.

Ah, yes. Your work, I presume? That explains the user panel on the left.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Rosh said:
Dicksmoker said:

True, which is why I get short tempered towards those who point out my bullshit.
Fixed.

denizsi said:
You're assuming that they wouldn't PR the game as having stealth gameplay,
And you're assuming that they would.

and with each post MLM has posted on the subject, he fortified the impression that they definitely would PR the game as such.
Go ahead and keep making shit up if that helps you get through your daily life.

Try again.
You first.

MLM shouldn't even have turned this whole thing into a debate by opposing perfectly acceptable arguments with inane reasoning.
You're right, he should have recognized it for the trolling that it was and thus dismissed it without making any replies, instead of giving a bunch of jackasses the ego-trip that apparently they desperately need.

Also let's not forget that MLM flip-flopped from "stealth = best term" to "stealth = not the best but we picked it anyway".
Nope. There goes some further reading miscomprehension.

But I shouldn't expect a bunch of perfectly rational people to notice such obvious attempts at trolling, and point it all out and say "but this is... this is the shit you have been spewing!" to be willing to play along with our game. So, keep on informing us, while I keep yelling "SHIT SHIT I'M A DUMBFUCK SHIT FUCK". Business as usual.
Indeed.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
St. Toxic said:
Mark lost his will to hold reasonable debate over the non-issue and started changing the rules

Wait... there was a debate in here ? And a reasonable one at that ?

Wow, THAT was stealthy 'cause I didn't see it among the shit flinging.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
a humble tribute by a great fan
<o <o <o
Rosh, Warrior, Poster, Legend
<o <o <o

Nathaniel Chapman

Developer
Rosh dropped some hints that he is a former game designer or something of the sort. Who the fuck is this mysterious EA spymaster? Should I know his name?

BaMeR

Novice
Anthony Davis said:
Basic gameplay was your party was composed of 3 to 4 members. Party members could be from 1 of 4 different professions, marine, agent, engineer, and ugh...I forget the 4th at the moment .

In addition to stealth, party members could place traps for Aliens, such as turrets, mines, door bombs, and more. Doors could also be welded or cut to slow down Alien movement and create bottlenecks.

There was research, crafting, base defense and much more in the game and working.

was i the only one reminded of x-com?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom