Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aliens RPG now "officially canceled."

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
denizsi said:
MLMarkland said:
I'm only going to reply in this thread with puerile jokes and/or memes from here on out.

713.jpg

This is the key to understanding Obsidian, and now Killspace Entertainment.

Just imagine how the course of thread would have changed have I, skyway and Rosh started doing that 5 pages ago.

MLMarkland: WHAA impossible to talk straight to those guys; the moment you reply to anything, they start posting puerile jokes and memes.

memes-danger.png

Rosh

Erudite
Good thing someone didn't become a lawyer. I don't recall any that ever pleaded the insanity defense for themselves. Such a missed opportunity for law precedents and case file studies!

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
Rosh said:
Good thing someone didn't become a lawyer. I don't recall any that ever pleaded the insanity defense for themselves. Such a missed opportunity for law precedents and case file studies!

38304d1174697751-why-all-nerd-rage-against-vanguard-tinfoil-hat.jpg

St. Toxic

Arcane
[Intelligence] Some people do have the tendency to go batshit bonkers as soon as it's evident that their arguments lack the impact necessary to get the point across. I've seen it happen countless times, and it is especially common on the internet. Obviously, it only hurts the poster's initial points and image and it has to end eventually, and as the strategy relies on an endless continuation it clearly falls short even prior to actual implentation. Simply put; you haven't thought this through.

Pussycat669

Liturgist
abominationalienbcopy.jpg

Like the concept but makes me wonder how a creature of such size could be impregnated by the usual methods except making the facehuggers larger themselves. I've got this disturbing yet slightly comical image in my head about a band of marines hunted by something that is basically a giant penis on legs.

Carry on

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
St. Toxic said:
[Intelligence] Some people do have the tendency to go batshit bonkers as soon as it's evident that their arguments lack the impact necessary to get the point across. I've seen it happen countless times, and it is especially common on the internet. Obviously, it only hurts the poster's initial points and image and it has to end eventually, and as the strategy relies on an endless continuation it clearly falls short even prior to actual implentation. Simply put; you haven't thought this through.
Pay attention to what St. Toxic says, Rosh.

St. Toxic

Arcane
Hümmelgümpf said:
Pay attention to what St. Toxic says, MLMarkland.

Altered to be more accurate. I'm backing Rosh on this one, as Mark lost his will to hold reasonable debate over the non-issue and started changing the rules.

Rosh

Erudite
Dicksmoker said:
Hard to hold a reasonable debate over a completely inane topic.

Inane to the uneducated or the uncaring, perhaps, in which case please do entertain yourself with the pictures. To those who do care about game design concepts and what they mean to a beloved setting, it can mean quite a lot.

denizsi

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
Hard to hold a reasonable debate from an unreasonable perspective

Fixed.

Pretty much like:

-Guys, what should we do with axes?
-Call it blunts
-Ok, makes sense.
A classic example of stupidity that didn't cost anyone development time.

vs

-Guys, what should we do with axes?
-Put it together with blunts, and call it something we do know that fits them all and makes sense because we know there are lots of words and words are cool.
-Ok, makes sense.
An ideal example of literacy when you have a proper vocabulary and a functional brain, that didn't cost anyone development time.

1eyedking

Erudite
This thread is key to understanding Obsidian.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom