Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

a grain of salt... GI FO3 article leaked.

Fryjar

Augur
Finally:
"We've revamped the entire AI System from Oblivion to give us better gameplay with guns"

Also:
The "nuclear catapult" screen speaks entirely for itself, from the weapon to the fps stats and finally to the design of this mutant.
Good times.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That mutant looks fugly, and so totally un-fallout. Heck, it's uglier than the Oblivion trolls, and looks so fucking generic.

No, they did not get the setting.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Vault Dweller said:
HanoverF said:
Anyone optimistic needs to stop taking the stupid pills and replay Oblivion, or do you think the reason that game is missing interesting quests, multiple endings, choices and consequences, detailed NPC interaction is because it wouldn't belong in the Elder Scroll series?
My sentiments exactly. I'm surprised at the number of "good news!!! better than we expected!" posts I saw on NMA and DAC.

Well, I never played Oblivion. Because, you see, I am a true roleplayer and don't buy shit. :cool:

But seriously, I suppose you're right. No matter how good (or even just surprisingly mediocre) some things might sound, we know how good Bethesda is at screwing up and writing shitty dialogue, so unless some sort of miracle happens, we can all peacefully stay in angry cunt mode.

Lumpy

Arcane
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Yeah, they totally did get the setting.

Maybe you posted this before the article scans were available, I dunno. After that scans, whether you care for the setting or not, whoever says that Beth has understood the setting and Inspirations of Fallout is a clueless fuck.

Pasting some forced and out of place Vault Boy pictures + 50's music radio stations (GTA, yeah!) != Fallout setting.
I was just dismissing the relevancy of the power armor mag cover to Bethy's understanding of the setting. I'm not saying that they did understand it, just that the armor proves nothing.

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lumpy said:
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Yeah, they totally did get the setting.

Maybe you posted this before the article scans were available, I dunno. After that scans, whether you care for the setting or not, whoever says that Beth has understood the setting and Inspirations of Fallout is a clueless fuck.

Pasting some forced and out of place Vault Boy pictures + 50's music radio stations (GTA, yeah!) != Fallout setting.
I was just dismissing the relevancy of the power armor mag cover to Bethy's understanding of the setting. I'm not saying that they did understand it, just that the armor proves nothing.

It proves enough. When posting that picture, I refered to it as a good representation of the Trailers visual style. It was not only about the power armour, although it was also about it.

That powerarmor guy with his head slightly lowered, awesome greyfilter, shiney bloom yeah fuck jerry bruckheimer style is a so pathetic attempt to appeal to the "LOL DUDE he looks like DARTH VADER ASWSOME" crowd that it almost hurts. Nothing of that threatening wannabe coolness is in the Fallout 1 box art.

Saying that the box art and that artwork are the same because they both have power armor is like saying that dogs and horses are the same animals because they both have four legs.

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
TalesfromtheCrypt said:
Saying that the box art and that artwork are the same because they both have power armor is like saying that dogs and horses are the same animals because they both have four legs.

No. It's more like saying this month's Playboy cover and the Mona Lisa are the same because they both portray a woman.

Raapys

Arcane
Personally I'm betting the game wont even feature Power Armor. You'll have to buy it as an addon for 2.5$ a few weeks after release.

OverrideB1

Scholar
Based on what they say they're including, it sounds like a fairly decent game -- not so sure about the RTwP combat that goes on after you've spent your AP, and that chargen system sounds pretty odd -- and certainly far better than I was expecting.

BUT...

We all remember the promises made about the abortion that was Oblivion, how it would feature real RPG elements and be faithful to the original series. We all read the lies trotted out by Gobshite Hines and the Toddler, backed up by the bullshit posted here by MSFD and others. And we all saw the abomination that was the result.

So, forgive me if I'm not real fucking optimistic here. Bethesda can shill and vamp as much as they like -- I'm reserving judgement until I see an actual finished product that lives up to what they're promising. In the words of the Who -- Won't get fooled again

Darkflame

Scholar
I can't imagine in my wildest dreams that someone would make Fallout like Oblivion. I can't even comprehend how or why they would. They are totally different games. I can't even imagine it being like any TES game. If that were the case, why make it at all?

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Raapys said:
Personally I'm betting the game wont even feature Power Armor. You'll have to buy it as an addon for 2.5$ a few weeks after release.

Can't forget the addons.

10$ says one of them will be a sports car, company name name on it and all.

As far as the combat system sounds, it seems to be some KoToR/FPS hybrid.
Worth a try, but it is in no way gonna be Turn Based like FO 1+2.

MINIGUNWIELDER

Scholar
Darkflame said:
I can't imagine in my wildest dreams that someone would make Fallout like Oblivion. I can't even comprehend how or why they would. They are totally different games. I can't even imagine it being like any TES game. If that were the case, why make it at all?
Someone post the Hate Hives from DRYH in response to this yet?
No?

Okay.
http://evilhat.wikidot.com/nightmares
That can be used to explain much of what you will encounter now that you are Awake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom