Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

40 minutes of Skyrimjob at Quakecon

ortucis

Prophet
I have no idea what people are complaining about. I just saw the HD version of that video and I love what was shown. It is looking way better than Oblivion gameplaywise and visually even (even thought it was running on crapbox).

I like how they have copied features from Gothic 3 while Jowood spent so much time remove the same little touches (like cooking meat even) from Gothic 4 itself. I am liking the new inventory, even though the boxed inventory system similar to DeusEx would have been better on PC, Skyrim's inventory is still better than the shit we got in Oblivion. Great looking dungeon as well.

Oh and another game they obviously got inspiration for combat is obviously Dark Messiah. Even though the combat isn't exactly almost perfect like Dark Messiah's, I still see it as a step up from Oblivion again.

The only reason I hated Oblivion was the retarded levelling system. Since Bethesda fixed it in Fallout 3, I will most likely enjoy Skyrim as a Gothic 3 & Dark Messiah hybrid.

PS: Hilarious comments from Quakecon audience in the background.

curry

Arcane
I regret watching that vid. Why the fuck does the crowd cheer every time he pulls out the sword or they see a butterfly or some shit. What the fuck.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
curry said:
I regret watching that vid. Why the fuck does the crowd cheer every time he pulls out the sword or they see a butterfly or some shit. What the fuck.

They're amped up on energy drinks and sexual frustration.

adure

Liturgist
curry said:
its the quakecon.
that are fps players...

DraQ

Arcane
Ahzaruuk said:
Buying since it not only has Furry cat chicks, but Lizard chicks too!

...oh, and I'm sure there's a game in there somewhere.
I will only have to make my saving throw if you get to be a dragon in game - Codex, give me strength!
:x

Also, will lizard chicks have boobs in Rimjob? Boobs on lizard chicks are wrong.

ortucis

Prophet
adure said:
curry said:
its the quakecon.
that are fps players...

And also, it seems like they are trolling the developer by cheering pointlessly at everything. Just listen to the comments. Every living thing on-screen must die to the Quake fans there. It isn't really the RPG crowd Bethesda caters to usually (the kind that makes tranny mods).

I have to ask, do they pre-screen the audience and only let in people who have a very specific mental condition that creates an unstoppable urge to clap and/or cheer every 5 seconds?

Gakkone

pretty cool guy eh
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I couldn't watch the video for more than a few minutes because of the audience. Jesus fuck. Makes me understand modern developers a bit more: they really don't have to do anything at all to get their target audience excited so why would they?

Can't you just imagine these idiots switching from 1st person to 3rd person for hours on end, squealing like schoolgirls in amazement?

Just finished watching it and I kept help but think "This shit is so DOPE!" Best 150 bucks I've put down since the Legendary editon of Halo Reach!! :thumbsup:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
ortucis said:
I like how they have copied features from Gothic 3 while Jowood spent so much time remove the same little touches (like cooking meat even) from Gothic 4 itself.

Jowood published the Gothic series, not designed it. I'm almost positive you know this but still baffled why you would compare Arcania to G1-3 when it wasn't even designed by PB. The better comparison is with Risen which did, in fact, keep cooking.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Metro said:
ortucis said:
I like how they have copied features from Gothic 3 while Jowood spent so much time remove the same little touches (like cooking meat even) from Gothic 4 itself.

Jowood published the Gothic series, not designed it. I'm almost positive you know this but still baffled why you would compare Arcania to G1-3 when it wasn't even designed by PB. The better comparison is with Risen which did, in fact, keep cooking.

Publishers have no say whatsoever about a games design?

Exmit

Scholar
JarlFrank said:
Excidium said:
my brian hurts said:
(As a quick aside, the player to my left thought "hide armor" was an option to have your character appear in street clothes instead of battle armor. So when she chose the various pieces of hide armor, she was apparently confused that her character wasn't more naked. Todd Howard graciously acknowledged that the ambiguity was Bethesda's fault, and not hers.)

bwahahahahah stupid meets a retard :lol: oohhh Todd you think you are so edgy.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
So, the dunmer ain't what they used to be but I just can't bring myself to give a fuck. I wonder what made them change the design tho.
darkelf.jpg

waywardOne

Arcane
p.s. Fuck you for all the polygons in that derpish blade while keeping the studs on the armor in full 2001 mode.

sgc_meltdown

Arcane
this must be the improved armor appearance they talked about when they removed individual pieces

This is one of my concept characters. Except Imma arm him with scimitars and call him Drizzt. Be tight as shit, mowing threw bad guise like fresh cut grass!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom