Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

40 minutes of Skyrimjob at Quakecon

HatTrick

Scholar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYWYcvRNVg4

"Enjoy" this video before Zenimax wakes up. The crowd alternates between cheering whenever anything happens at all and booing because it runs on consoles rather than the PC.

Since the video is already dead (Omae wa mo shindeiru), might as well post the stuff from my thread that got retardoed by a certain moderator that enjoys the company of men.

Not sure wtf is going on since I didn't bother with Skyrim vids until now, but...I'm watching a 38 min video from Quakecon 2011, with Todd showing Skyrim gameplay to the public. Apparently it's from today, but as I tried to copy the link to another window it says Zenimax took it out of Youtube while I was watching it. It's still loading here, though, since I opened the link on MSN.

http://games.on.net/article/13390/Shaky ... to_the_Web

(actual link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYWYcvRNVg4)

This guy posted impressions.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... on-part-2/

fake edit: Some guy from NeoGAF is uploading it as I type :lol:

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?t=439985&page=5

veins said:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xkefdc_1_news

It says it's encoding now. Don't know how that long takes.

lol, 0 visualisações.

Drazgul said:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9lvc7v90f9qvwf3

Torrent for the 360p version - consider it a backup for now since my U/L is only a dreadful 1MB.

Dogar

Novice
I actually think the world design looks pretty decent...

waywardOne

Arcane
"Please don't record the demo."

lol.

Looks like Oblivion.
Todd sounds like a gnome.
Even on the 360, some textures still pop in.
Still too many wolves. Are there no rabbits for them to eat? Why are they so man-hungry?
Todd was unwilling to show how a warrior holding a sword and shield can swim in a shallow stream.
Gore spatters onto the screen in 1st person.
List inventory is shit. Modders will fix.
Cooking meat makes it more effective at meating or something.
Dark Brotherhood confirmed.
Derpy crowd ooohs and ahhhs at the Heavan Background and constellation-based skill trees.
"Biggest game we've ever made", followed by ~ same scale as Oblivion but with moar content.
No zooming on dialogs. Yay.
Any NPC job can be done by the player (lumber mill... lumberjacks are retardedly strong).
Horse riding is in. Still waiting for word on horse armor.
Saw the tallest mountain in the world. Can probably climb it in 3 minutes.
etc.

I don't get why people are complaining about the crowd. Todd is trying really hard to stay on a preplanned course and they just want him to do do interesting stuff.

Todd: *aims at bandit*

Crowd: GO FOR A HEADSHOT!

Todd: *shoots bandit at chest, proceeds to talk about how you can get meat from the roasted rat*

Yeah, they get way too excited about minor shit, but that's better than the usual silent worshipping.

NeoFAG said:
No, just no. I haven't "nerdgasmed" since I was an idiotic teenager and even then, never to such an embarrassing extent.

:roll:

Imma so cool an' mature an' shit. Now shut up while I watch my videogame news

edit: When Todd walks past the woman, some guy in the background yells "RAPE!" :lol:

baronjohn

Cipher
I loled

Quakers: Kill the woman!
Hodd: No I'm not going to kill the townspeople
Quakers: Ooh, a dog! kill the dog!
Hodd: No I'm not going to kill the dog either
Quakers: A horse! Kill the horse!

Multi-headed Cow

RAPE EVERYONE YOU MEET
RAPE
RAPE
RAPE

PC gamers are true bros. :love:

Multi-headed Cow

Also, the demo obviously IS fairly heavily scripted. The bit with the mammoths/giants/dragon snatching up a giant was shown elsewhere (Trailer, maybe? Don't remember) almost exactly. While scripted demos make sense, I assume everyone remembers the radiant AI demo before Oblivion launched.

FatCat

Educated
Pfft Americans. "Kill it" "Kill this" "Rape her" "Kill the dog". I really hope that PC interface will be completely different.

Ed123 said:
90% of the demo was shown elsewhere. It's probably their prefab marketing area.

Some guy on neogaf mentioned that Todd said they made sure dragons would appear for the demo. Considering how adamant Todd was about staying on rails, that seems likely. "Er, sorry guise, can't show you the dragon because a skeleton spawned in its place :("

He already said dragons will be random enemies like any other, its not like they still need to pretend encountering a dragon will be a big event.

Leonard DeVir

Educated
FatCat said:
Pfft Americans. "Kill it" "Kill this" "Rape her" "Kill the dog". I really hope that PC interface will be completely different.

Maybe the reason for the shift in "RPGs": content<stuff to kill in awesome ways

Exmit

Scholar
No wonder they dumb down stuff if all kwanzanians are retarded like the crowd.

Luzur

Good Sir
kinda shitty video, stopped halfway and then the sound jumped ahead.

anyway, most of it looked railroaded (the start and the giant/dragon fight.) and the sawmill guy will prob not be able to use his back anymore if he keeps doing that, but otherwise it looked ok except the UI and menus, why should i be able to zoom in on a carrot?

hopefully modders will fix things, like dragon encounters and guilds.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Oblivion, minus some colors in the palette to make it look more grimdark.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Oblivion with the reintroduction and renaming of cliff racers into dragons. Despite surroundings looking like it might make a rather pretty hiking sim the animations are once again a serious weak point.

eric__s

ass hater
Developer
The dungeon design was way, way better than Oblivion or Morrowind. It was strange how it transitioned from area theme to area theme (bandit area - spider lair - catacomb - ancient ruin) but that could be for the demo, or it could be that particular dungeon. They used space well and there were interesting things and paths everywhere. They definitely weren't randomly generated.

Bahamut

Arcane
I wonder why they dont show their glorious raidant story in action :smug:
Shitty AI and aniamtions (better than oblivion but still shit), enemies sliding instead of walking,
too much dragons, shitty low poly models (that sones) blury textures, only particle effects and spells hwere not that bad, o yea and UI is bad too much digging, where in Morrowind you had all your menus on one screen, o yeah and the audience where like monkeys in the zoo (or i'd just say typical american console crowd, RAPE, KILL, JUMP, WATER)

Rolling in money and still utterly incompetent. They have the means to fix these problems that have been there since Morrowind and they haven't changed a thing.

I just don't understand Bethesda

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
who cares how the game will look like, it's just an engine with construction set to make furry sex modules.

Commander Xbox

Learned
wow, exactly the same as oblivion, with a few minor changes to art direction and colors. oh except now i get to fight a totally AWESOME dragon every 5 mins

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom