Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

360/ps3 and ps2

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I've got a bunch of money just sitting around since I don't do anything but pay bills and eat, so I've been thinking about getting one of the poopamole consoles. I don't know much of anything about the games on those consoles, though.

Also I have a PS2 and I would really like to know some games that are good for 2 players. I have a lot of games for it that I haven't really played, but they are all single player games.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO JUST BLOW THE MONEY ON A NIGHT ON THE TOWN WITH A FAG PROSTITIURE AT A GAY BAR SAME THING AND YOU WILL GET THE FAGNESS OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM QUICKER LOLLOL BRO

BRO I HAVE TO GIVE YOU PROPS YOU DIDNT GO ALL ORIGINAL YOU WENT STRATE FOR THE CLUICHE LIKE OHHOHOHOH VBROS I DONT REALLY WANT TO PLAY THOS GAMES I JUST HAVE TOO MUCH MONEY LOLLOLOLOLOL JUST COME OUT OF THE CLOSET LIKE A MAN

KalosKagathos

Learned
Take a look at the exclusives in each console's library. Buy the one with more exclusives that appeal to you. For 2 players games there are fighting games, obviously.

attackfighter

Magister
the 360 and ps3 barely have any exclusives, and the few they do have are just retarded console shooters. the wii on the other hand has lots of exclusives, and they're mediocre as opposed to bad (like the other consoles') so I guess you should get it

ricolikesrice

Arcane
since you are mostly a pc gamer, there s pretty much no point in getting an xbox360 over a playstation 3. unless you really want gears of war and halo :)

the PS3s advantage is a more diverse game lineup than the 360. sure there are still far too many shooters like killzone, resistance, socom & co ..... but you also have exclusives like Demon Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, Little Big Planet, Heavy Rain, God of War 3, etc. etc. Whether those games are good or not (Demon Souls is great , Little Big Planet is good fun for the little ones .... the other games i only tried demos and didnt like but to each his own). The 360 has no exclusives that arent shooters (or sports games maybe) as far as i know and if someone comes from PC gaming he likely wont enjoy playing shooters on consoles :o ). Oh and i only played Gears of War 1 (on PC) but Uncharted 2 was a lot more fun, so if you sometimes like to embrace the POPAMOLE HURR DURR, my experience been that PS3 popamole > 360 popamole though yours might vary.

doubles as blue-rayer player, doesnt need subscription for multiplayer, more diverse game setup/more exclusives in general .... not sure why you d want an xbox360 since the slim price cut.

i pretty much bought mine only for demon souls, bluray and couch-coop and thought it was worth it .... but in the end i still play on PC 95% of the time and the only PS3 games i m looking forward too are Infamous 2 and a proper Demon Souls sequel if there s one.

Zeus

Cipher
PS2 has more two player co-op ARPGs than any other console.

Dark Alliance 1 & 2, Champions of Norrath 1 & 2, X-Men Legends 1 & 2, Ultimate Alliance 1 (and 2, I think), hell there's even random weird stuff like Fallout: Brotherhood fo Steel. Sega made a pretty interesting anime-looking action strategy RPG called Shining Tears. You spend half the game in your castle, the other half teleported to the battlefield. It had a lot of interesting positional combos, so you had to work together (for instance, a beam of light goes from one character to the other, clearing out anything in between 'em, or a roundhouse attack that can only be done far enough away, that sort of thing).

My personal recommendations: X-Men Legens II (first is crap) or Ultimate Alliance for superheroes, Dark Alliance (if you want traditional Forgotten Realms fantasy) or Champions of Norrath II if you want some way out there high level weirdness campaign.

Plus there's... you know... NOT Action RPGs out there... but I really like 'em. :D

Edit: A good site for checking multiplayer games on ANY platform is http://www.co-optimus.com/

Obviously there's an emphasis on co-op, but they have a searchable, sortable list for just about every recent console.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Better spend those money on hookers like some people here suggested. Much better investment especially when you already have a vastly superior PC.

Just look up which attracts you more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_vi ... generation)

Or you could just

consoleshatersgonnahate.png

If you really just have money piling up, you should buy a motorcycle or something fun instead. Otherwise it depends what you want to do with it.

PS3:
Blue Ray
God of War 3
Demon's Souls
Free online multiplayer (but that's changing)
Black

360:
Backwards compatible with Ninja Gaiden Black
GoW and Halo series for Co op
Better for streaming media to TV
Better controller
White

Achilles

Arcane
BLOBERT said:
BRO JUST BLOW THE MONEY ON A NIGHT ON THE TOWN WITH A FAG PROSTITIURE AT A GAY BAR SAME THING AND YOU WILL GET THE FAGNESS OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM QUICKER LOLLOL BRO

I have to agree with my bro here.

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
Dormir Con Las Arañas said:
if you don't want to invest it i'd go with blow and hookers
you figure out how to get me blow and hookers in this stupid little town and then I'll listen. everyone always goes hurr funnay about blow and hookers but it's not like they're in the phonebook

CrimHead

Scholar
Destroid said:
Armoured Core and fighting games are the only reason to buy a console.

This. The Armored Core games are awesome. Better than Mechwarrior. Fast paced and brutal.

Imbecile

Arbiter
I went with the 360 and dont regret it. xbox live is pretty good, and theres plenty of good co-op games that you can play online, if thats what you are after.

Achilles

Arcane
Updating my consoletards.txt. Also making a note: Upon entering an argument with any one of these individuals, push the SMART button to instantly win, ie post "Who cares what you think, you bought a 360/PS3".

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Ed123 said:
I'd watch a Let's Play of Demon Souls before buying a PS3 based on that.

Why? That ruins the whole experience. The game is only fun when you don't know anything about it. The game loses a lot of its charm after the first two play throughs because then you know all the level layouts and monster placements.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Alexandros said:
Updating my consoletards.txt. Also making a note: Upon entering an argument with any one of these individuals, push the SMART button to instantly win, ie post "Who cares what you think, you bought a 360/PS3".
Ah, to be young again.

Drakron

Arcane
Sonytards detected.

There us really not much difference of the Xbox 360 and PS3, besides the Xbox versions being better as for the multilayer ... you pay for Live, true and the PSN is free but its also crap as at least the service you PAY for is not complete crap.

I would go with the Xbox 360 as the PS3 simply does not cut it, its more expansive and its not better taht the Xbox ... in fact Blu-Ray is not a advantage unless you want to see Blu-Ray movies as PS3 games end up having MANDATORY INSTALLATION to the HDD, something the Xbox 360 also allows AS A OPTION (well some titles dont work that way).

The only reason to get a PS3 (or a Xbox 360 for that matter) is if you want a certain exclusive, besides that they are pretty much the same besides the Xbox 360 usually having better services and versions.

The Wii is a entire diferent beast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom