Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

2010 - The Turn Based RPG revival?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
You are a very positive guy, Global. Anyone told you that?

Anyway, Livonya's point was that trying is better not trying, which is pretty much a fact. You replied with irrelevant bullshit (sorry, no other word for it) like "you can't take it to a bank!" and "it's good to recognize a failed attempt early on". No shit.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought it was funny that Livonya assumed VD would actually take jokes about AoD and it's release date personally, or that the people making those jokes were actually wishing for AoD to fail.

But after seeing VD's reaction to all this, I guess I was wrong.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
VD, wasn't directing this on your project in particular (more in defense of writting off Northstar on page 1), but Livonya naivety is unbearable.

Livonya

Augur
Patron
GlobalExplorer said:
Brilliant. Now give that recital to your bank, I am sure they will be moved to tears and give you an unlimited loan for your next project.

Duh. AoD costs me nothing. Try again.

GlobalExplorer said:
Nothing is better than recognizing a failed attempt before it's too late.

I do NOT believe that AoD will fail. Of course there is a chance that it will fail. But it looks to me that it will come out.

However, the point of my message has nothing to do with AoD really. Instead it is about your relentless desire to have AoD fail.

I don't understand your need, even desire, to see it fail.

I have never understood why people get such satisfaction from watching other people fail. And you seem to take it one step farther where you are actually lobbying for failure.

Does that make you feel better in some way?

Vault Dweller

Developer
@ Xor

I don't take it personally - otherwise I wouldn't be posting here - no more than I'd take reading selected work of Cleave (ITZ coming!) or Skyway (Shit! Banal! Boring!) personally, but reading the same joke for years can get so fucking boring.

I mean, we don't celebrate when another guy joins this forum to tell us that Oblivion is shit, do we? The topic has been mined to death. Same here.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
This thread reminds me that I wanted to get and watch the original Twilight Zone serie for a long time now.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Vault Dweller said:
I don't take it personally - otherwise I wouldn't be posting here - no more than I'd take reading selected work of Cleave (ITZ coming!) or Skyway (Shit! Banal! Boring!) personally, but reading the same joke for years can get so fucking boring.

But somehow you seem pretty keen on feeding the joke, and each time someone says 'lulz AoD is vapourware' you pop up out of nowhere and start pointlessly ranting about pointless stuff.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Surely you jest, Roxy. Black and some other folks can't resist the urge to type vaporware lol every time AoD is mentioned. Usually I ignore it for obvious reasons, but today I don't really feel like working (but I'm stuck in the office), so I'm browsing the internet and re-connecting with my homies.

Not that I don't appreciate your trolling attempt...

MisterStone

Arcane
The easy way to solve this dispute is to release the game by Christmas, when everyone has free time to enjoy it and is in cash-spending mode. OK, agreed then, Christmas. :shake:

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Vault Dweller said:
Usually I ignore it for obvious reasons.

The fuck you do. Making fun of AoD, even remotely, is a sure summon. Just like mentionning BG will summon Black.

Lonely Vazdru

Pimp my Title
Damn. Mentioning only takes one "n". :(

Vile belgian scum, now I can't ninja edit my way out.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Lonely Vazdru said:
Vile belgian scum, now I can't ninja edit my way out.

There is still time!

Lavoisier said:
And mentioning incest summons Gragt

You rang?

Anyway incest isn't as nice as people make it seem. Or maybe I just have a bad sister to commit incest with.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Vault Dweller said:
"...the combat demo is being tested by about 20 people, including folks well known at the Codex and the feedback is being posted openly (i.e. not in some secret beta forums), with the testers agreeing that the combat is interesting, tactical, challenging, and addictive..."

This demo?

Yes. So where is the download link?

I can't believe that 'VD-responds-butthurtly-to-jokes-about-game-release-date' is still news for some. Hell, there's been threads where people (well, heck, 'I' and some either guy) were laughing at the double-standard by some of AoD's fanbase. Not the game itself, and I specifically went out of my way to say that I didn't think it was being fed by VD or the AoD team, mind you. Just that if you compare some of the comments from the SAME posters in the threads on AoD to their comments in the Team Gizka / Restoration Project thread, there seemed to be a bit of a double standard by those posters (even before Team Gizka openly went to shit). That was enough to spawn an angry VD encounter. Seriously, he'd be better off just ignoring all of that shite aside from continuing to post updates.

Black

Arcane
Lonely Vazdru said:
Just like mentionning BG will summon Black.
God fucking dammit, can't we have one thread without mentioning this pile of shit?!

But I guess BG at least came out :D

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Never attempting anything produces nothing 100% of the time.

german proverb: Nur wer nichts tut, macht keine Fehler.
(translates approx to: only he who doesn't do anything, does not err)

So basically if you attempt something you can be sure you're doing something wrong, it's inevitable! And there are a lot of *smart* people who do know better and let you know it, which leads us to

I have never understood why people get such satisfaction from watching other people fail. And you seem to take it one step farther where you are actually lobbying for failure.

You didn't understand it? I'll explain it to you. Most guys here and elsewhere will never achieve anything worth mentioning in their entire life. And they know it. VD otoh tries to transcend that fate and actually attempts something. Pretentious bastard.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Azrael the cat said:
I can't believe that 'VD-responds-butthurtly-to-jokes-about-game-release-date' is still news for some. Hell, there's been threads where people (well, heck, 'I' and some either guy) were laughing at the double-standard by some of AoD's fanbase. Not the game itself, and I specifically went out of my way to say that I didn't think it was being fed by VD or the AoD team, mind you. Just that if you compare some of the comments from the SAME posters in the threads on AoD to their comments in the Team Gizka / Restoration Project thread, there seemed to be a bit of a double standard by those posters (even before Team Gizka openly went to shit). That was enough to spawn an angry VD encounter. Seriously, he'd be better off just ignoring all of that shite aside from continuing to post updates.
Since when calm and reasonable explanations are considered butthurt responses? As for your reference to our discussion, you arguments were flawed and I explained that to you without any anger whatsoever. And yes, I was aware that your position was not an attack, and frankly, I thought that this fact alone would be enough to allow me address your points without people thinking that it's a personal thing. Apparently not.

Also, quite a few people disagreed with you there and tried to explain why your arguments don't work. I suppose they were all butthurt and angry, right?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom