Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Big Indie RPG List

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The original sticky thread isn't really well-arranged, and you have to read through a lot of pages to actually find the indies that have been posted there. So, by request of a fellow Codexer, I'm making a new thread here containing a list of indie RPGs currently in development or already released which is going to get updated semi-regularly (meaning whenever I feel like it).

So here goes.

Indies Currently in Development:
Age of Decadence
The Broken Hourglass
Cyclopean
Open-source PostApocRPG (with Codex thread)
Java Classic RPG
Splintered Core
Shelter
Scars of War
Double Bear's zombie RPG
Kamyran's Eye 1 and 2
Grimoire Forever
Zero-Project
Krum
Elementium
Inquisitor
DaggerXL (Daggerfall Remake)
Driftmoon
Dropship

Indies already released:
Spiderweb Software Games (Geneforge series, Exile series, Avernum series, Nethergate)
Eschalon Book 1
Depths of Peril
Teudogar and the Alliance with Rome
Prelude to Darkness
UnReal World
Kivi's Underworld
Knights of The Chalice
Undercroft
King of Dragon Pass
Eschalon: Book 2
Winter Voices
Din's Curse

If you know of any indie RPGs that are not in the list, post them in this thread and I'm gonna update the list.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Jim Cojones said:
Edit: And something for lulz: Afterfall - in development, no website.

I thought about adding that but since it doesn't have a website and isn't really supposed to be a proper RPG anymore from what I've heard... eh.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Blackadder said:
Thank you Jarlfrank. Is this thread stickied?

Obviously, yes. It's at the very top of the page, above all the other sticky threads, and has the word "Sticky" written in front of it :wink:

Removed the sticky from the old one as I wrote the link to it in the first post.

JarlFrank said:
Blackadder said:
Thank you Jarlfrank. Is this thread stickied?

Obviously, yes. It's at the very top of the page, above all the other sticky threads, and has the word "Sticky" written in front of it :wink:

Removed the sticky from the old one as I wrote the link to it in the first post.

Never mind me, I only look at the frontpage here...

getter77

Augur
NotAnAlt said:
Elementium for in dev.

There's a thread in design about it somewhere.

Site's been GONE for weeks and weeks now, no response to the dev guy Chip on the youtube channel that the early vids were on...hoping for the best but fearing the worst. :cry:

NotAnAlt

Educated
getter77 said:
NotAnAlt said:
Elementium for in dev.

There's a thread in design about it somewhere.

Site's been GONE for weeks and weeks now, no response to the dev guy Chip on the youtube channel that the early vids were on...hoping for the best but fearing the worst. :cry:

He replied on his youtube 3 weeks ago, although that still is a longish time.

Think i'll go necro his thread.

bhlaab

Erudite
Don't know if it counts as indie since it's being published by 1C now, but A Farewell to Dragons is apparently going to be released in english in a couple weeks

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
What is the Exile series and Nethergate and why haven't I heard about them?

Do they suck ass?

Piety

Shitpostin'
Codex 2012 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Torment: Tides of Numenera
Damnit, Dicksmoker, if you took half the energy you spend smokin' dicks and applied it towards paying attention and playing RPGs you'd know about those games.

<a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=26105&highlight=exile">thread</a>

<a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=25023&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=exile">'nother thread</a>

<a href="http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=32912&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=exile">moar thred</a>

asper

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Soooo... do roguelikes count?

You could add King of the Dragon Pass, even if it's more of a strategy game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom