Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Play VtM: Wild Nights - Chapter 10

Esquilax

Arcane
Erebus said:
Obviously, you don't have enough points in Presence and Dominate.

Speaking of which : how many times exactly does our Patrician use his mental powers through the entire first chapter ? I can only remember the time he changed the memories of the guy who'd killed his own daughter.

It was a little hazy on the description, but didn't we use Presence on Karthik when investigating Rannigan? Anyways, since it looks like we'll be staying as the Patrician, we usually don't get that much mileage out of powers like Dominate on account of our high generation. However, we can still mindrape that little fucking weasel Oscar. Have our goons kick the shit out of him, then mindrape him so that he is compelled to give all his servers and networks away to his primogen.

Oh yeah, and TREMERE ANTITRIBU, though I will flip to Tzimisce, Brojah or True Bro if this option doesn't get many votes.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Esquilax said:
Oh yeah, and TREMERE ANTITRIBU[...]
Being a Tremere antitribu in London has to be the most EXTREME choice of character. :lol:

The Tremere practically rule the city...and the Sabbat has no power base at all. And if that wasn't enough he's also spying on Eames. This mage has some balls.

Erebus

Arcane
Aren't Tremere antitribu pretty much extinct, anyway ? I seem to remember that all of them were exterminated by their Camarilla brethren in the recent future. New ones may have appeared since then, but they must be very few.

wjw

Augur
Cool. Cool cool cool. (abed)

Okay here we go:

Hunter (yeah). Nosferatu Antribu (yeah!) Tremere Antribu. (yeah!!
)

Okay. I can't stress enough. DONT PICK SOMMER. DONT PICK HIM.

I know. He is awesome. He is great. We went through alot.
Fuck it. New chapter. Lets get killing. Fuck everything up. BIG!!
Then play Sommers. Sommers is great for cleaning up the mess.

Codex. Please,... don't go sommers.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
hunter, nosferatu, brujah, kyasad.

True Brujah sounds like undercover/assassination work for the True Black Hand, that is utterly boring.

The inconnu aren't really alarmed.

Also, it's possible that the tainted blood fed to Sommers was the setite product. He did seem a little more psychotic towards the end.

anver

Educated
Tough choice, they all sound interesting. Having a different PC for a while and returning to Sommers later seems like the way to go, though.

Btw, grotsnik, any change regarding your preference not to have a Malk PC?

Esquilax

Arcane
Excidium said:
Esquilax said:
Oh yeah, and TREMERE ANTITRIBU[...]
Being a Tremere antitribu in London has to be the most EXTREME choice of character. :lol:

The Tremere practically rule the city...and the Sabbat has no power base at all. And if that wasn't enough he's also spying on Eames. This mage has some balls.

Well... yeah. See how fucking insanely risky it is? Tell me that this isn't interesting. It's like being a black American spy in Nazi Germany in 1934. Plus we get to see a different angle on both Eames and Dubrik. I mean True Brojah is alright... but fuck, the character for a Tremere Antitribu (or Brujah, for that matter) would be so much more interesting than it would for TB. I mean, goddamn, what kind of thing would motivate a person to do something this fucking crazy? I'm not sure, but I want to know. Only downside is that it would still be a minimal collar-grabbing playthrough, so Brojah has it beat on that account.

The Brojah is an ambitious dude like Tony, but completely the opposite in temperament.

Remember way back, many updates ago when Erika called and told us to pack our shit up and leave Whitehall when du Marchais claimed the Sabbat took Rannigan? A lot of us were thinking it might be a set-up; we'd come to the Pleasure n' Pain only to find a smug du Marchais and Erika with a vat of fire in front of us, ready to give us the Final Death. Playing Tremere Antitribu would mean that we'd be under the gun like that ALL THE TIME, and fuck if that isn't exciting. Plus, if things work out we can stick it to that bitch Eames too. Haha, who am I kidding, we're going to die horribly.

I love Tony, and I agree with that his story isn't over yet; as I mentioned before, perhaps grotsbro would be willing to provide a few POV switches, because an entire act of updates without any word on our ambitious Ventrue that we've molded is a little too much. If Sommers does get picked, I propose the title of Act II to be Make Prince or Die Tryin'.

However, I think that with all the awesome options that grot has provided, we'd be crazy to avoid seeing another side to this wacky world he's created.

@ SCO: Why would undercover/assassination work for the True Black Hand be boring? Seems p. cool.

And nah, it definitely wasn't Setite blood that caused Tony to fly off the handle. It was a completely reasonable reaction. I would be just as mad if nobody I worked with showed me the respect I felt I deserved and I couldn't really do anything about it. In fact, Tony's self-control was pretty admirable.

Esquilax

Arcane
Anyways, at this point in my mind, Tremere Antitribu is leading by a cunt hair against Brojah and Tzimisce. I am still mulling it over in my head even though I really like the thought of being in a dangerous undercover assignment where the slightest fuck-up could result in fire and death. And more Dubrik can only be a good thing. At best, we'd take the vaulderie and become Sabbat, only to become branded as traitors and hunted by the Tremere for the rest of our existence. at worst, we'd be horribly killed by our own Clan for betrayal, or by a Tzimisce who wants all our of our kind dead.

But still... so many cool options. Storyfagbro, make your case for the awesomeness of the Tzimisce potatolander. Likewise, I'd like to hear what Undead Phoenix has to say about the merits of Brojah collar-grabbing EXTREME. There's just something about playing a character like the Brujah in the description that's appealing because it seems like a very interesting bro, and it's the exact opposite of a guy like Tony. Ambitious and full of big dreams and plans, but also kind of melancholic, desperate and considered a failure by his peers. There's ripe potential for a lot of interesting character development there, along with a faction we're unfamiliar with and an EXTREME playstyle that is much different from Anthony's.

I'm also intrigued by this contact within the Camarilla. Is it Turcov? Seems doubtful, I think all his talk of elections and liberal policies is just for show and he doesn't mean any of it. His childe is Sheriff now, a powerful man in his position wouldn't give a fuck about the Anarchs.

Deleted Member 10432

If we go Tremere, I hope our name will be John Wellington Wells. :smug:

ironyuri

God damnit, I see True Brojah is not going to win. The Tzimisce sounds cool, but we got a good dose of Angelos in the last episode of Anthony's story. Much as I liked Angelos, we might get sidelined by our constant evilness.

The Brujah working with someone in the Camarilla sounds like we'd basically be used and abused to fuck up the Anarchs (not friends with Griddle = :decline:).

So I'm not sure how to vote.

Will reconsider and revote later.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
The kiasyds are a faery/lasombra offshot?

How the fuck did that happen.

Baltika

Educated
Edgar Fellowes. If he has no chance of winning, then Sommers. Time to fuck shit up in this LP.

laclongquan

Arcane
Well, it's a change of heart for me.

As Grotsnik said, we have a chance to return to him later, so it's not absolutely needed to play him now.

But I want to keep playing Sommers faction. Play other factions could lead to the worsened state of his so I dont really want to choose others.

And we are accussing each other of faggot often enough. So why not playing a faggot-race. :yeah:

I speak, of course, of Edgar Fellowes.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Esquilax

Arcane
IMO Eddie is the absolute least interesting of all the choices. We know most of the same people; it makes little sense to play as Tony's underling when playing as the man himself is more logical and interesting. It kinda loses its appeal if you've already played the man responsible for making the decisions. If you want to play Eddie for collar-grabing action, well, there's Brojah or True Brojah. It will open up a different world and different characters to us, but if we pick Eddie, it'll be the same ol' folks but not nearly as much fun as it would be with the Patrician at the helm. I know folks have become rather attached to Mr. Sommers, I want the guy to succeed too, but you can't dismiss all the other great options just because it might lead to a bad outcome for Tony along the way.

You have to view each character individually. I like Tony a lot too, but I think that with these great possibilities here, we could potentially have another character that we're just as attached to. I think some bros are scared that Sommers might end up in a worse position at the end of the act if we pick a Sabbat character, and they end up being very successful and it results in the Camarilla being weakened.

That is a pussy way of thinking about it, I think. If we play as a Sabbat character and their efforts are overwhelmingly successful in London, then it will be all the more interesting to play as Sommers and have him overcome that adversity. If he can do that, he's the true Prince of London that we know he can be. What's a story without a bit of adversity and rough weather? Playing as a character completely unaffiliated with Sommers is interesting not just because it'll expand the world and characters around us, but because it'll test Sommers when it's his time to go again.

@ root: Wouldn't it be a delicious irony if it turns out that the True Brujah character has been commissioned to London in order to assassinate Anthony Sommers? That would be hilarious. As awesome as it would be to have a Black Hand assassin from an exotic bloodline in the Patrician's employ, there's about a snowball's chance in hell of that ever happening.

Anywho, it's getting messy, so I've organized a tally:

Excidium - Anthony Sommers
laclongquan - Edgar Fellowes
Breaking Axe - Brujah (I'm assuming the first name on your list is your first choice)
ironyuri - Undecided
Kz3r0 - Samantha Eames
Erebus - Kiasyd
golgepapaz - Kiasyd
Djadjamankh - Anthony Sommers
Undead Phoenix - Brujah
Orgasm - Ghoul
Esquilax - Tremere Antitribu
Gondolin - Lasombra
Kashmir Slippers - Anthony Sommers
Sergiu64 - Anthony Sommers
root - True Brujah
Storyfag - Tzimisce
wjw - Tremere Antitribu (just going by the most exclamation marks in your post)
SCO - Hunter (... I think)
Baltika - Edgar Fellowes

grotsnik

Arcane
anver said:
Btw, grotsnik, any change regarding your preference not to have a Malk PC?

Ehh, I think I'm good to try it from now on, if people are interested. There may still be problems with giving the character motivation/general coherency, but I think I've figured out a way it could work (what, nobody considered who the Row Man might be? Dang.)

Anyway, this is more like it! A scrappy, flip-flop-filled fight to the death. None of this 'overwhelmingly in agreement' rubbish.

Esquilax

Arcane
grotsnik said:
Ehh, I think I'm good to try it from now on, if people are interested. There may still be problems with giving the character motivation/general coherency, but I think I've figured out a way it could work (what, nobody considered who the Row Man might be? Dang.)

Anyway, this is more like it! A scrappy, flip-flop-filled fight to the death. None of this 'overwhelmingly in agreement' rubbish.

"...He speaks a strange language and he likes to play dress-up and he kills people, sometimes, not always. You think you made him mad, only he makes you sane."

The Malk calls this individual the Row Man. The Row... as in Savile Row, which is located in Mayfair. Eames' domain! Jesus tittyfucking Christ, it's Hob! We know that Hob likes to play dress-up by shapeshifting and it has ruthlessly butchered Sabbat before. Fuck me, can't believe I missed that.

Holy shit bros, we have to go Malk now!

EDIT: Nevermind, I think it might be the Centurion. Row Man = Roman. Duh.

grotsnik said:
(what, nobody considered who the Row Man might be? Dang.)
It sounds like the Centurion (he certainly fits the Row Man description). Apart from a couple of mentions, though, he really wasn't all to relevant to the story, so might have just been forgotten. (That's in the past tense, of course. No telling where we'll go from here.)

Still not decided who to vote for, tho'.

ironyuri

I did vote true Brojah and flopped to neutral...

I still want true Brujah, god damnit. But only root, phelot and I are true BROS.

An emotionless assassin working for the Methuselahs/Antediluvians of the True Black Hand against both Cammies and Sabbat would be a sweet playthrough since we would get to uncover more of the motivations of all sides involved in this Hob business.

laclongquan

Arcane
I noticed the Malk option right away but I assumed you put it there to torment us with the possibility. Play Malk, even the mildest taint, could be hell on writer. I dont really want to stress Grotnisk unduly. Update once a week is withdrawal-inducing enough.

Esquilax

Arcane
laclongquan said:
I noticed the Malk option right away but I assumed you put it there to torment us with the possibility. Play Malk, even the mildest taint, could be hell on writer. I dont really want to stress Grotnisk unduly. Update once a week is withdrawal-inducing enough.

Cry some more. :smug: Though I will say that ironyuri's argument in favour of True Brojah was truly excellent and it's merit has greatly increased in my mind. But come on - becoming BFF's with the Centurion?! Too good to pass up. Honestly bro, if it wasn't for the Malk, True Brujah would be right there neck-in-neck with Tremere antitribu. I would probably have voted for it too since only one other person seemed to like playing such a risky character in such deep shit as much as I did.

If grotsnik thinks he can handle it, then a Malkavian character would offer a glorious story arc.

MALKAVIAN

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Since this is post the "end of the world" (and it didn't really happen apparently, besides the week of nightmares), are the antediluvians awake, or still in REM sleep?

I said it was boring because the true black hand is a bunch of scared bootlickers of people minor godlings who aren't even awake.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom