Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 2 is overrated

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Had half the cities before i stopped playing because of the tedious tactical battles. At the beginning it was fun, but then moving around becomes a chore because you're always getting attacked and meeting roaming enemies. There is also too much organizing of weapons, ammo, armor and other crap. And i only had one squad. Then you spend time healing injuries. Then another tactical battle which takes a long time because you're usually outnumbered. Then you're defending mines. Then i got blown by missiles because i ran to the capital to try and finish off that bitch so i can at least say that i've finished the game.

Yeah the characters are cute with all the talking and relationships, the game has a lot of charm and is very polished, but it became tedious. If you really really really love playing slow tactical turn based battles over and over again and micromanaging items and soldiers than i guess it's a good game.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
You must be either completely retarded or a troll but since I am sick today and bored I will address your brilliant critique.

moving around becomes a chore because you're always getting attacked and meeting roaming enemies.

You can see them on the map before. Try to avoid them. Make use of the helicopter (did you even get the heli?). If its really unavoidable and you are sick of it, use the quick battle function.

There is also too much organizing of weapons, ammo, armor and other crap.

What? You don't like the complexity and the abundance of options? Micromanagement is part of the fun and is actually really easy and stress-free in this game. Preparing for a battle is as important as actual battle tactics.

And i only had one squad.

I don't get it.. Hire more people?

Then you spend time healing injuries.

So?

Then another tactical battle which takes a long time because you're usually outnumbered.

See points above.

Then i got blown by missiles because i ran to the capital to try and finish off that bitch so i can at least say that i've finished the game.

Yeah, it punishes you when you are playing like a retard.

In conclusion, your awesome review boils down to the fact that you are unable to successfully play the game because you don't understand and/or appreciate its most basic features.

ASTRAL

Arcane
If you get bored take a break for couple of months then continue.Works for me.

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
In conclusion, your awesome review boils down to the fact that you are unable to successfully play the game because you don't understand and/or appreciate its most basic features.
I very successfully played the game, i just gave up because it became tedious.

I see them on the map. They also move around a lot, so it's not simple to avoid them. No i did not have a heli. What's the point of using quick battle if 90% of the game is tactical battles. I might as well just delete the game. Plus using quick battle when you're outnumbered is suicide.

I like complexity, it's just the micromanagement in JA2 is not fun and comprises a big chunk of the game.

What i was saying is that even with only one squad the game became tedious. I can only imagine if you have more. No thanks.

And i did not play like a retard. I just went to the last city to see if i can do some damage.

I like non linear games and tactical combat but JA2 became a chore to play.

You're talking about the game where you can simply sit in Drassen training Mobile Militia until they take over everything? Yeah I can see how all of the tedious tactical battles would weigh you down.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Play Jagged Alliance Wildfire then. It's on steam too. That game for sure will kick your ass if you found the maingame like a breeze. :) Alternatively, install the 1.13 patch, tweak the ini to your liking and dont be a faggot.I know of no other game that does Tactics and depth so well as this game.

Machocruz

Arcane
Didn't play this game until last year. I don't remember how far I got, but it definitely wasn't overrated. In fact, it was one of the least overrated of all the Kodex Klassics that people yank their cranks over around here. Bloody brilliant tactical game, top tier. As far as tedium over time, almost every single game I've ever played becomes a chore or shits the bed after a certain point, even games as mighty as Thief, X-Com, Deus Ex, Planescape, System Shock 2, so that's not a mark against JA2 by my standard.

Boxer

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Kiting and outranging a predictably idiotic AI - height of laptop guy without stats gameplay on the AssburgerDex. Film at eleven.

Johannes

Arcane
Yeah the characters are cute with all the talking and relationships, the game has a lot of charm and is very polished, but it became tedious. If you really really really love playing slow tactical turn based battles over and over again and micromanaging items and soldiers than i guess it's a good game.
But this is pretty accurate. If you love this shit it's a game for you, if you don't, pick something else.

Severian Silk

I save scum [almost had an unfortunate typo here...], so I don't experience a lot of the issues in the OP. :oops:

Also, I wish someone would make a fantasy or scifi edition of JA2. :mad:

adddeed

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I very successfully played the game, i just gave up because it became tedious.

Yeah, you don't seem to have the patience for this game. Thats not the fault of the game though. Deinstall it and play some RTS instead.
Bro i've got patience trust me. I'm playing X2 The Threat now, and it's as slow as they come.

Maybe i'm not into turn based tactics as much as i thought. I wanted to like JA2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom