Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Frontiers - Daggerfall-inspired exploration-focused indie RPG

Will you donate to Frontiers Codex Cemetery (or maybe something else)?

• Total voters
MCA
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/railboy/frontiers-explore-discover-survive
Steam Greenlight: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=242472205

http://aadgames.com/frontiers/

Update: OP revised

Sorry if my PMs or alerts offended anyone; I'm sure you will survive getting a PM or notification over this to your disappointment that it wasn't your Codex sweetheart brofisting some shit post of yours.

Some of you might have caught a glimpse of the new Kickstarter RPG-Lite named Frontiers -a game intending to explore, in developer's words, "that elusive feeling that other games, especially Elder Scrolls and early Fallout games, have touched on" but as opposed to those, "emphasize exploration above all else"- in a recent Kickstarter round-up and a more recent interview with the developer. The developer himself, Lars Simkins ie. Railboy, have also been posting in our forums. See the KS pitch:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O6RfDc_XnM

Frontiers was initially going to be a fairly humble, light-hearted game somewhat inspired by Daggerfall, and focused on exploration and crafting with minimal combat and a hardcode mode with a tooth for survival, seeking to raise a reasonable $50K to achieve its meager goals with a very high possibility of actually finishing the game given there already was an existing tech-demo. Then the people flocked and the project reached every single stretch goal the dev set himself, also concluding the top three backer requests and subsequently, increasing complexity and workload by ten-fold and almost ensuring that this will never see the light of day, essentially becoming a vapourware.

(And I'm sure you know it's a proven fact that if you throw too much money at a game, it inevitably becomes vapourware)

Check out the videos demonstrating various game features and look at pretty screenshots here:

Now the campaign is over (and so are all the good and the relatively cheap shit we could have put into the game) but we can still buy headstones for a Pet Codex Cemetery, as backers will still be able to buy add-ons until September 8th. Name, cause of death and epitaph to be written by us. Wouldn't that maybe nice?

gpSPozA.png

Headstones.jpg

We will decide on whom to be buried in the Codex Cemetery. A few ideas I have are:

- Good developers of the past.
- Industry figures or companies that we all love to collectively hate here

OR

- Highest donors
- Random draw with multiple tickets (donation / $15 or some other amount)
- Random draw with single tickets

Note that since the KS campaign is over and add-ons are processed via backerkit, a single backer will need to collect the money and make the payment with a credit card. We could decide on who to handle the payment.

So vote and maybe also post to let us know. Keep in mind that we need to resolve both the money and the details of the graveyard before September 8th.

In the meanwhile, check out the progress made on improving the terrain:

Last edited by a moderator:
MCA
I don't understand. Is he confirmed to be dead or did he just up and left?

I can think of a few quality fucking posters who have long gone but I'm personally not too fond of the idea of celebrating their absence like that but if that's what everyone wanted, why not?

MCA
No, not really:

we can at least buy headstones for a Pet Codex Cemetery, as backers will still be able to buy add-ons until the end of August:

Will I be able to get new add-ons after the campaign?

Yes - you'll be able get new add ons with BackerKit. You'll be able to do this from the time BackerKit is launched until the end of August, so you'll have a one-month window. (Exact dates will appear on the calendar).

gpSPozA.png

And in the extremely unlikely event that a lot of people want in and it looks like we can raise a LOT, maybe we can go for one of the remaining pledges and coerce Railboy to accept a post-KS pledge

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I could kick in $30 for a couple of names because why not. I'm okay with either industry figures or notable Codex posters who no longer post here for whatever reason (like Saint Proverbius).

Or maybe we could go for a vicious dog called "Codex" instead.

MCA
Considering we're almost out of time, I decided to make a one last push. Sorry if it offends anyone; I'm sure you will survive getting a notification over this to your disappointment that it isn't your Codex sweetheart brofisting some shit post of yours.

I'm pushing for a cemetery dedicated to, pereferably not Codex celebrities but, to either our favourite past developers or development/publishing companies or individual developers and publishers that we love to hate or bash. Or just something else entirely that we all agree on.

For every grave, we get to choose between a wood cross, stone cross, a headstone and a marker with visible text on it + epitaph to be revealed when the player examines it. See the example:

Headstones.jpg

So, vote and maybe also let us know ITT if you would contribute so we can get this over with ASAP.

Meanwhile, check the latest update on the game with much improved terrain for a little motivation:

20 Eyes
4too
a bear named spigot
Abraxas
Adelphi
Admiral jimbob
Aeschylus
agentorange
Aikanaro
airhead
Aldebaran
Alex
Alex_Steel
alittleoff
alkeides
Anac'raxus
andrewthemerry
Andyman Messiah
Angelo85
Angthoron
Antares
Apexeon
artakserkso
ashen
asper
AstroZombie
Atomic
Awor Szurkrarz
Azael
Azalin
Azira
Azrael the cat
Barghest
barker_s
Bashert
Beautiful Clown Painting
BlitzKitchen
BLOBERT
Bluebottle
boger
Boyarpunk
Braktash
Brayko
Broseph
Brzęczyszczykiewicz
Bwahaha
CappenVarra
Captain Shrek
Carrion
Catawampus
centurionofprix
Charles-cgr
Chef_Hathaway
Chinese Jetpilot
Chris Avellone
ChumBucket
Churrasco
Claw
clemens
Coboney
codexian reject
commie
Commissar Draco
Computer Gamer Refugee
Comrade Goby
Cosmic Misogynerd
Cosmo
Country_Gravy
Cowboy Moment
CrimsonAngel
Crooked Bee
CrustyBot
CSM
Curious_Tongue
cvv
CWagner
Cypreana
dab
Damned Registrations
Darklife
Darth Roxor
Darth Slaughter
DDZ
DeDawg
Denim Demon
denizsi
Descent
Deuce Traveler
deus
deus101
Dhralei
dibens
Dieithrio
domisPL
Donaroriak
Dr. West
DragoFireheart
DramaticPopcorn
drexciya
Dryngar
DSW
dunno lah
DwarvenFood
Dynimix
Ed123
EG
Elim
Elwro
Erzherzog
Esquilax
Eurocrat
evdk
FaChoi
Fader
Falkner
felipepepe
Fenrir
Fezzik
ForkTong
Foxtrix
Freelance Henchman
Frusciante
Fuck_The_Banks
fumffup
G.O.D
Gakkone
Galaad
Galdred
GarfunkeL
Garod
garren
Gelbvieh
Gerulas
GhostBadger
ghostdog
glasnost
Globbi
Glyphwright
godsend1989
Gold
golgepapaz
good little toastboy
Gragt
groke
Groof
Grotesque
grotsnik
Grunker
grzyboslav
Guar
Guido Fawkes
Gurkog
Haba
hakuroshi
Hamster
HanoverF
Harg Harfardarssen
Harpsichord
Havoc
Helly
HiddenX
Hirato
hiver
Hoaxmetal
Hobbit Lord of Mordor_
HobGoblin42
Hobz
hoverdog
Humanity has risen!
Icewater
idonthavetimeforthiscrap
IDtenT
InspectorRumpole
insukk
Ion Flux
Irenaeus
ironyuri
Irxy
Ismaul
J_C
Jaedar
jagged-jimmy
JagreenLern
janjetina
Jarpie
Jedi Exile
JimDandy
jiujitsu
jml
joelofdeath
Joff1981
Jugashvili
Kaldurenik
Kaspar Hauser
kazgar
kentable
Kersey
kgreene
Kime
Kingston
Kitako
Konjad
Koschey
Kosmonaut
krbkkr
krist2
Krraloth
ksjav
Kthan75
kubics
l3loodAngel
LeStryfe79
Lexx
LibertyRansom
LittleJoe
Livonya
Lockkaliber
logrus
Lonerville
Lord Andre
Lord Rocket
LordVector
Lorica
ltok
Lupus
LusciousPear
Maelflux
majestik12
Major_Blackhart
malko_sundervere
Mangoose
Mangoviir
markec
Markman
Marquess Cornwallis
Marshall Malibu
MaskedMan
Matt7895
maverick
mediocrepoet
meeneque
meh
MessiahMan
mibbles
Michael Ellis
MicoSelva
MightyHoax
mikaelis
MikeHaggar
mindx2
Minttunator
MonkeyHead
moraes
Morkar
Morol
Mortale
Mother Russia
mrnobodie
Mrowak
mugarod
MurkyShadow
Muty
NecrosD
Nex
Nicebrain
Niektory
nihil
NorthLurker
Nova
Occasionally Fatal
Ogg
oldmanpaco
OldSkoolKamikaze
OracleX
Ormagöden
Outlander
Overboard
Palikka
Pegultagol
Phelot
Piety
PorkaMorka
Poxmaster
Primordial Soup Nazi
PrzeSzkoda
Q
Quanti
quasimodo
Race Traitor
Random
Random Word
Rane
RedScum
Rhuantavan
Rivmusique
RK47
Rohit_N
Roman K
rrc2soft
Saber-Scorpion
Sam Ecorners
scarletguard
Sceptic
Sduibek
Semper
serch
Severian Silk
SG
sick
Sidmich
silver crowaxe
simmschn
Sitra Achara
skallagrim
skuphundaku
SlavemasterT
Smashing Axe
soggie
Soilent Green
some guy
Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd
Sovard
Spectacle
SpinyNorman
Sputnik
St. Toxic
Stauff
stony3k
Strider
Suchy
suejak
SuicideBunny
Sulimo
Syril
Szioul
t
tadhg
Takeda Kenshi
talan
Taluntain
tarkin
taxalot
TehGary
Temaperacl
TemplarLord
The Great Deceiver
thekdawg21
themadhatter114
thesheeep
thesisko
Tigranes
tilting_msh
titus
Toffeli
Tolknaz
Tommy Wiseau
toro
trais
Tramboi
treave
TripJack
Trojan_generic
tuluse
turel69
Turisas
Turjan
TwinkieGorilla
Tzaero
Ulminati
Vaarna_Aarne
VentilatorOfDoom
villain of the story
Volrath
VonVentrue
warmonger3
Wavinator
Weierstraß
wesmo
Western
WetWorks
WhatsHisFace
Whisky
Wilian
winterraptor
wormix
xenocide
Xor
Yaar Podshipnik
yeye
Zed
Zep Zepo
zerotol
zevier
Zewp
zMonk

Last edited:

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
You've got some serious username listing skills right there buddy.

Self-Ejected

Cosmic Misogynerd

Self-Ejected
Patron
Codex 2013 Divinity: Original Sin
Nope. I was being serious: didn't get an alert, I was just browsing the 'Dex and clicking on all the unread threads. Then I opened this and until I clicked the spoilers button I realized you had tagged me. Maybe its some admin lock to disallow alert abuse?

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I got here because every day I search the forums for any mention of my name. What is this and why am I dead or something?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom