Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elite: Dangerous

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It's a pretty good example of how I design ships in 4x'es though. Biggest gun I can build with angines strapped on as an afterthought.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Before release I do hope we'll see an actual living universe. You know, with economies developing, stations expanding, wars flaring up and all that jazz. One of the many things that made me so enthousiastic for Elite was the promise of providing a living and evolving gameworld.

bonescraper

Before release I do hope we'll see an actual living universe. You know, with economies developing, stations expanding, wars flaring up and all that jazz. One of the many things that made me so enthousiastic for Elite was the promise of providing a living and evolving gameworld.
I'm pretty sure you won't see any major events. They stuff like this will take time, weeks, months even.

Skip the presentation, it shows nothing new. The Q&A part (starts at 13:18) gives some cool info though. The part about the gold rush is really interesting.

balmorar

Arcane
Queued Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy Edgy
Frontier will add a Kinectimals planet. It's confirmed.

kinectimals_screen-34.jpg

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So will Star Citizen*

*Provided you pay $300 for the Kinectopia add-on planet and $250 for the FuzzBall™ ship

MD84

Barely Literate
How have I missed a sequel to Elite? I had heard about Star Citizen, but I can't believe I missed out on this. I think I'm going to have to break out my old joystick and fire this up.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
I actually havne't had time to play the current beta much, so not much cash. but at least I can haz a souped-up cobra out of the gate

bonescraper

ScreenShot_2014-10-23_13-06-12.jpg

Dropship_Screenshot_8.jpg

We have talked in previous newsletters about a couple of the large changes - multiple ship ownership and mining – that Beta 3 will offer, and of course there are many more fantastic new features, both large and small, to experience as well as further fixes, optimization, content and polish.

As we expand the volume of the Milky Way you are able to explore, you can start to get a sense of the true variety, scale and spectacle of what is out there, just waiting to be discovered and exploited.

In Beta 3 you can find our first B class star, and there are also three class five gas giants – super hot planets with clouds of metallic vapour in their atmospheres. There are also two rare terrestrial planets with a silicate vapour atmosphere – they are incredibly hot!

Beta 3’s 2,406 star systems mean it is huge, about five times bigger than Beta 2. Yet it represents only a little over half a millionth of one per cent of the full game to be launched later this year!

peek_of_the_week_55.jpg

Bring it aaaaahn!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
New beta should be out in 5 hours. Cobra loaded with missiles and railgun is in hangar.

tumblr_miwaxz8ahm1ribnwko1_500.gif

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
First stop is Aulin Enterpirses to reclaim my murdership. Then off to find some minerbros to pirate.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
You won't get your ship back, but you'll get the credit equivalent.
Will this apply to the final release as well? I wonder if it's worth to start playing now or wait until they finish it.
it's worth to start playing now just so you get used to shit gradually, hone your skills, and aren't overwhelmed and flailing blindly around like a newborn when release comes... or just to set up your hotas and test it.

titus

Arcane
Patron
Yeah, I got it. I'm not very much into the whole pay-to-test-our-game-lol thing but it seems to have shaped into something that I want to play. Here's to hope.
:drink:

bonescraper

- Planet visuals overhaul
- Planet liquid colours now reflect chemical composition
- Atmospheric colours now reflecting their chemical composition
- Surface types and colours now reflect chemical composition
- Planets display volcanic features
- Complex Craters can create dust ejecta
- Crater frequency dependent on atmosphere thickness
- Ice planets now have fracture features
- Dynamic ice caps on all planets O_O
- Dynamic liquid levels on all planets O_O
- Asteroid belt clusters added
- Nebulae added to galaxy map
- Nebulae added to sky map rendering

Lol, those details.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom